Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ART FROM BOLIVIA
4/9/2013 8:30:32 PM

Roberto Mamani Mamani
Roberto Mamani Mamani, of Aymara origin, is the most known of Bolivia's famous artists. His beautiful and very colorful works of art are collected and exhibited worldwide. He has won numerous national and international awards and his paintings are known best for their vibrant colors and the intense emotions they both exude and evoke.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2013 8:37:01 PM

Marina Núñez del Prado
A sculptor born in La Paz between 1908 and 1912. She graduated from the Escuela de Bellas Artes in that city and later became a teacher and one of its directors. She works in abstracts with fluid lines even in the most bulky objects, in which she uses stones such as white onyx, granite and basalt. She has exhibited throughout the country, South America and Europe. Her home in La Paz is now a museum where her sculptures are continually exhibited. She died in 1996.

480 × 230 - jornadanet.com

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2013 8:43:27 PM

Susana Castillo
Susana Castillo López, born in La Paz, Bolivia, is an accomplished artist who has won awards and accolades and exhibits her work worldwide. She studied art and interior design in the U.S. and Spain. Among some of the over 160 portraits she has been commissioned to paint is that of Pope Benedict XVI and she has also painted or created works of art for several national and international authorities, including Bolivia's current President, Evo Morales Aima.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2013 8:48:18 PM

Tito Kuramotto
A painter born in Santa Cruz de la Sierra in 1941. He trained at the Escuela de Bellas Artes in Santa Cruz. His style is undefined and continually changing. His works are impossible to box him into one style and have ranged from Cubist to pop art. Over the past few years he has shown a more realist trend, as can be seen in exhibits throughout Santa Cruz art galleries.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/20/2013 10:21:00 AM

María Luisa Pacheco (22 September 1919 – 23 April 1982) was a Bolivian painter who emigrated to the United States. Biography

Born at La Paz, she studied at the local Academia de Bellas Artes, later becoming a member of the faculty. In the late 1940s and until 1951, she worked at the newspaper La Razón as an illustrator and as the editor of their literary section. A scholarship from the Government of Spain allowed Pacheco to continue her studies in 1951 and 1952, as a graduate student at the Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando in Madrid.

In 1956, Maria Luisa Pacheco was the recipient of three consecutive Fellowship Awards from the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation in New York City. The first fellowship awarded coincided with an invitation to exhibit at the Museum of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Washington DC. As a result of both of those opportunities, Maria Luisa Pacheco moved to New York in 1956. The Guggenheim Foundation fellowship and also the OAS exhibit, each included the acquisition of a Maria Luisa Pacheco painting for their permanent art collections. Those paintings are currently exhibited in the art museums of those organizations, as part of the periodic rotation of their permanent collections.

Pacheco's abstract paintings are inspired by the native Quechua and Aymara people of Bolivia and the glaciers and peaks of the Andes Mountains.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!