Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Gardening
4/3/2013 6:51:54 AM

Growing seedlings in eggshells

First, it is economical - do not need the cost of purchasing boxes for seedlings, because only the shell of the egg itself.

Second, it is eco-friendly, egg shells - natural fertilizer for plants.

Third, the seedlings in the eggshell - great - compact plants can be placed on a window sill in the same plastic or paper container of eggs.

Lydia

+4
David Rowland

194 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Gardening
4/3/2013 2:10:47 PM
Eggshells are one of the greatest fertilizers available, especially for plants that are susceptible to blossom end rot, such as tomato's. The eggshells provide calcium, which is very important for the growth of the tomato's. Not only can you grow seedlings in the eggshells, but you can crush and powder the eggshells, and scatter them around your plants as a natural fertilizer. You can scatter coffee and tea grounds around also as a fertilizer.
Daves Wire Creations --- Handcrafted wire wrap jewelry http://www.DavesWireCreations.artfire.com
+3
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2013 3:03:15 PM
yes, it especially useful when the soil is acidic
+1
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2013 3:11:18 PM
+2
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/3/2013 3:30:29 PM
Quote:

Growing seedlings in eggshells

First, it is economical - do not need the cost of purchasing boxes for seedlings, because only the shell of the egg itself.

Second, it is eco-friendly, egg shells - natural fertilizer for plants.

Third, the seedlings in the eggshell - great - compact plants can be placed on a window sill in the same plastic or paper container of eggs.

Lydia

Lydia you posted this somewhere else, I have mind almost ready to go. Just haven't taken time to do it. Which I think today is a good time to finish my job. It being so cold I haven't felt like spring is ever going to get warmer and stay. So later I will be kicking myself for not doing what I should have done. lol
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+3

facebook
Like us on Facebook!