Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Green hedgehog
4/2/2013 4:16:21 AM
Lydia, this reminds me of Serbian Orthodox Christian custom of sowing the wheet during a Christmast fasting (about 2 weeks preceding to Christmas, in a small dish we sow the grains of wheet as the symbol of birth). I do not know if Russians have the same custom?
+3
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2013 7:17:10 AM

Hi Dave!

Your question is locked. Oats is growing here. Keep guessing, for what or whom it is interesting.

Lydia

Quote:
What is growing on that?

Dave
+4
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2013 7:23:01 AM

Hi Myrna!

Your reply is locked. Myrna, you are close to a solution. Pay attention to my answer to Dave.

Lydia

Quote:
Hi Lydia,

I would think you could grow it, and then use in a salad. Or just use it for a conversation piece!

+4
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2013 7:32:04 AM

Hi Diane!

Your answer is locked. Specify it accurately.

Lydia

Quote:
It still looks like one of those chia pets that people can buy, but this looks home made..maybe from a sock? My daughter uses her chia pet to grow special grass for her cats as they never go outside. She has a few of them by the way. I guess you could grow other things like chives or some other kind of think green things... ( oh dear that was terrible wording)

+4
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/2/2013 7:43:59 AM

Hi Branka!

Your reply is locked. I do not know about this Orthodox tradition in Russia - to sow the grains of wheet? (or wheat) as the symbol of birth. Maybe it is.

Lydia

Quote:
Lydia, this reminds me of Serbian Orthodox Christian custom of sowing the wheet during a Christmast fasting (about 2 weeks preceding to Christmas, in a small dish we ). I do not know if Russians have the same custom?

+3

facebook
Like us on Facebook!