Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Magdalene Sisters
2/24/2013 3:10:55 AM

Hello my friends,10_1_136.gif

In this thread, I will be discussing some disturbing Revelations about the Catholic Church, (which I am a member of). There are approximately 1.1 Billion registered Catholics in the world today. There are a lot fewer Catholics that attend Mass on a regular basis then there were about twenty years ago. A lot has happened in the church involving church leaders that have been swept under the rug. It is difficult for someone who believes in GOD and in the Trinity to know that all of the teachings that we have learned over the years does not apply to the clergy as well.

Daily Meditation

Henri Nouwen Society

Friday, December 30, 2011

Letting Go of Old Hurts

One of the hardest things in lifr is to let go of old hurts. We often say, or at least think: "What you did to me and my family, may ancestors, or may friends I cannot forget or forgive...One day you will have to pay for ot? Sometimes our memories are decades, even centuries, old and keep asking for revenge.

Holding people's faults against them often creates an impenetrable wall. But listen to Paul: "For anyone who is in Christ, there is a new creation: the old order is gone and a new order being is there to see. It is all GOD's work" (2 Corinthians 5:17-18). Indeed, we cannot let go of old hurts, but GOD can. Paul says: "GOD was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not holding anyone's fault against them" ( 2 Corinthians 6:19). It is GOD's work, but we are GOD's ministers, because the GOD who reconciled the world to GOD entrusted to us "the message of reconciliation" ( 2 Corinthians 5:19). This messages calls us to let go of old hurts in the Name of GOD. It is the message our world most needs to hear.

Perhaps it is a message that the world needs to hear. Or is it a Smokescreen to protect those in the churches, as far up as the Vatican, to protect the pedophile priests and the nuns that tortured young women for 150 years with the blessings of the church. I hold no resentment towards what happened to me as a child, however going on 71 I still have a stain on my soul as a result of what happened. Is this how our GOD intended us to live? I don't believe so.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

http://www.countryvalues65.com

100friends.jpg

10_1_136.gif

Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Magdalene Sisters
2/24/2013 3:37:37 AM

10_1_136.gifWe all say that we are looking towards the skies for a sign. When Pope Benedict resigned, the Vatican was struck by lightning. Perhaps it was a co-incidence. Do you plan to attend the Easter Mass at the Vatican this year? You may want to check the weather reports and perhaps it would be a good idea not to sit too close to the clergy in attendence.

The Magdalene Sisters Part 1

( I do not have a good track record for having my videos come up, so please, if they don't come up check them out on You Tube.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdWdcwkhqpM

Magdalene Sisters part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25IMXA8uk3k

There will be more coming. There are ten segments to this movie. It is very important that we pray for the souls of these victims and the souls of the Sisters as well, as GOD would have us do. Please bring in your responses to this thread, because I believe that this is a very important subject for all of us.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

001M051uHUG.gif

100friends.jpg

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2013 6:05:09 AM

10_1_136.gifHello once again,

With my computer acting up as it is, I am not always able to see a full video. Because of the nature of this movie, and because I respect everyone's privacy, I am going to ask that if you would like to see this movie in it's entirety, please go to You Tube and view it. There is one thing that I would like to include here.

There were 155 bodies recovered from the grounds of a burial site in "St. Mary's Graveyard iin Dublin" in 1993. A lot of the women exhumed still had plaster of paris on their elbows, ankles, wrists and had broken bones in their shoulders.

On a personnel note I moved from Taunton, Massachusetts to Indianapolis, Indiana in April 1987. Shirley came to be with me on December 22, 1988. She began attending Holy Cross Catholic Church and eventually I began attending with her. About two years after she came here we fell on temporary hard times and needed food. We were told of a food pantry about a mile down the road. We walked because I did not have a car. Shirley needed her walker because her legs were in a lot of pain. When we got there, the sister in charge had us fill out a form and explained that we had to do some work before we could get any food. I explained that Shirley had been struck down by a car in 1984 breaking her right leg in six places below the knee and had the skin torn off her left leg leaving both legs weak but that I would do the work for both of us. The sister smiled and said, "All right then. She can wait here." as I was doing my chores, I could hear weeping coming from the next room. I peeked around the corner and saw Shirley on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor with a floor brush. I went over to help her up, and the sister came in and said, "Here now. You get back to your chores. This has nothing to do with you. If you want food, you both have to work for it." By that time I had Shirley on her feet, I picked the bucket up, threw it and said, "Clean it yourself." The ruckus caused the Priest to come running to find out what the commotion was all about. I had also told the sister that Shirley suffered with Epilepsy and as I started to tell the priest what was going on, Shirley began to have a Grand Mall seizure. Of course the sister started shouting that the Devil was in our midst. I helped Shirley get through the seizure. When she began to calm down I looked at the Priest and said, "And this is how you serve the Lord? I will starve before I come here again." I went back into the office to get Shirley's walker as the sister would not allow Shirley to bring it with her to do her chore. When I returned to where Shirley was she was asking the priest to please forgive her. I looked at Shirley, then I looked at the priest and said, "Father, I hope that GOD can forgive you for what you have done. Shirley brought me back to the church, I began to have faith once more, but this act of cruelty is not justified." Shirley had told him how we walked a mile just so we could eat. I held Shirley and helped her to the door. As we were about to exit the building, the priest, tears in his eyes told us to wait. He apologized, got us enough food for about two weeks, and drove us home. Shirley thanked him. I did not. The sister was transferred. I am still with the church, however we don't attend Mass that often. Again, we don't have transportation. I have asked several times if there was anyone willing to take us to church. No one in the Our Lady of Greenwood Parish seems to care. Shirley now needs a wheelchair. People are afraid that if she gets hurt they will be liable.

People do not want to believe that there is life on other planets or that they are capable of reaching Earth. They don't want to believe in them because they are afraid of how cruel they could be. If a saucer set down in front of me and a male and female occupant stepped out and headed my way,I would extend my hand in friendship. As they approached, if the male occupant said, "Hi. I am Father Anthony and this is Sister Agnes." I would run as fast and as far as I possibly could.

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

smogmeinichols3.jpg

100friends.jpg

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2013 1:28:59 PM

Mike,

The longer I live, the longer the old (and overused) sayings ring true.

These three in particular are very accurate of the human condition.

Everything in moderation

The love of money is the root of all evil

and

in this particular case of religions

Power corrupts.

Simple as that. The Vatican has had power for centuries, Popes have killed each other for power. The weak ones are manipulated anyway so that the end is the same. At last the masses have the power to inform and discuss. Why else has the church continued so much in Lati? Not just tradition but to create an air of mystery between them and us.

I pray that good is the winner. The short term is uncomfortable but the future is rosier for mankind.

Roger

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/24/2013 7:16:13 PM

10_1_136.gifHi Roger,

Thank you for your support. This is the most difficult thread that I have ever created. There are so many good, devout Catholics in this world that live in fear every single day of the year. I amin no way trying to insult anyone by posting this thread, but rather inform those that try to live their lives as good Catholics and do everything in their powers to please their local church. The bottom line is this. If you do not put enough in the collection plate each week, no matter if you volunteer your time towards every single function that the church holds, you are not doing enough. The Catholics are notorious for holding BINGO parties at least once a week, plus at least once a year they have a Monte Carlo Night. Also, their is a 50/50 drawing that usually cost between $5.00 to $10.00 a ticket. Most churches have Coffee and Donuts after masses where you can buy your 50/50 tickets. At almost every function, especially Monte Carlo Night, the beer flows like water. You almost feel as though if you shake hands with the priest you should leave a $10.00 bill there as you pull your hand back. A lot of parishoners can tell you a lot about when their next money making event will take place, but very little about rules of the church. As an example, a few years ago, Shirley and I had the pleasure of meeting Arch Bishop Buchlein who was at our new church for it's dedication. This was at the Hall where coffee and donuts was being served. (Actually, I was in the line to get my coffee and donuts). Every body shook his hand, however when it was Shirley's turn, she bowed to him and took his hand and kissed his ring. Everyone began to snicker, including the priest. The Arch Bishop smiled and asked her what her name was. As we drank our coffee and ate our donuts the Arch Bishop spoke. Finally, he asked Shirley to stand up. This was the final Mass of the weekend. He thamked her, and everyone wondered why. He sighed and said, I have met a lot of dedicated Catholics this weekend, I have heard about the effort that everyone has put in to build this church and how much was donated to make it happen. After every Mass I have shook a lot of hands. However, only one single person in this entire Parish respected the position that I hold. He held up his hand and said "This is what you are honoring. Not the Man but the position to which I hold. GOD BLESS YOU Shirley for being the only person in this entire parish that knows the rules of the church." It does not matter how much money you make for your church if you cannot tell others what your church is all about. It is not suppose to be about torture, or money, or any other material thing. All churches and all religions are suppose to be about Love and Respect. 'For He so loved us that he gave up his only son' The Key word is Love. Where does love come into the equation when you torture girls and belittle them so that they can be better Catholics?

GOD BLESS YOU

~Mike~

9336.gif100friends.jpg

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!