Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Adlandpro|QR Code
1/17/2013 12:08:26 AM

A great invention,

for example:

Looking for a property? Seen one you like as you drive past. Scan the QR code on the board and next thing you havethe details, a virtual tour and maybe even the owners details that he might show you around./

One little useful use

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2013 12:30:35 AM
Quote:

A great invention,

for example:

Looking for a property? Seen one you like as you drive past. Scan the QR code on the board and next thing you havethe details, a virtual tour and maybe even the owners details that he might show you around./

One little useful use

I remember when this first came out and I was enthralled with the possibilities of this "gizmo" or technology and for a while, it seemed everyone was getting on the bandwagon, then it seemed to slow down. In the last year, the QR Code has not only made a come back but the big time companies have found many unique uses including your example of real estate.

For people who are marketing, I feel this would also be a good "tool" and one more way to brand what you are doing, your business and could be a great way to get people viewing what you are doing in a rather unique manner.

I would caution people though, there have been those idiots people who will spoil the possibilities of what the QR code can do and do such silly things as redirect people to spam or worse. Like anything, do your due diligence and be smart!
+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/17/2013 1:05:42 AM
To me when I first seen this it was making of payments and buying. That just opens up too many of these people doing just that. Scams, Spams, and hacking is also there. besides the issue with running dangers scripts and identity theft. What about virus applications that could also be imbedded in Codes?
They scare me as I don't know what is behind it all.
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2013 1:26:47 AM
Quote:
To me when I first seen this it was making of payments and buying. That just opens up too many of these people doing just that. Scams, Spams, and hacking is also there. besides the issue with running dangers scripts and identity theft. What about virus applications that could also be imbedded in Codes?
They scare me as I don't know what is behind it all.

I feel that many people think as you are and to be honest I also feel that is the reason why the technology went into a lull.

The problem is not the code by the way, it is when your phone is reading the code that the fear and issues could happen.

In the last year these issues have been addressed by many companies and they are bringing out bar code readers that have security features.

For example

Norton Snap is a QR code reader available for both iPhone and Android. After a code is scanned by Norton Snap, it's content is shown to the user before the link is visited so that the user can decide to visit the link or not. Norton also takes the QR code and checks it against a database of malicious links to let the user know if it is a known-bad site or not.

I have many friends who scan the QR codes using Norton Snap ( there are other ones also) and because of the reader they are using they feel safe.

As you know we are living in a digital era and more and more technology is being created. I think like anything else, we must always to our part to be careful, but to be honest...I love what is happening :-)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!