Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adlandpro|QR Code
1/16/2013 2:42:40 AM
Just thought I would have a bit of fun and create a QR code for AdlandPro...lol

QR Code

Now why would I want to do a thing like that? simple and just a little marketing tip for everyone....QR codes are very cool and you can put these codes on cups, T shirts, cars and even create one for a profile image. What a great way to take a marketing strategy that you can use offline and online...not bad huh?

I used Googles - Google App Engine to generate the code and if you have a smart phone you will read what it says...let me know k?
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Adlandpro|QR Code
1/16/2013 9:10:40 AM

Yeeeeeeeesssss

Got it.

I won't give it away but it starts with

Create................................................

First time i've really tried this.

Roger

+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2013 4:47:51 PM
lol...good morning Roger, isn't technology grand?

For a while there it seemed that QR codes were not going to go anywhere except for those people who are creative and of course geeks who love playing with these kinds of technologies

QR codes can be so artistic|AdlandPro

But then I started noticing that off line, many companies are getting involved in QR codes and I have been seeing them on cars, in print, flyers et.

Many big companies are using QR codes for business|AdlandPro

That led me to wondering if the QR code would be useful for people who are working online and if so how could they be used in a practical way

Examples:
- provide access to your social profile(s)
- product details that customers can save to their smart phone
- create a link to a specific page on your site lets say as your email list opt in page
- drive traffic to your website
- increase brand awareness
- with people surfing the net and so much information to absorb, you can use your specific QR code to help people bookmark your site/business
- profile images. The cool thing about that is within the QR code you can point people to your business all in one image

I'm pretty sure that when you get your creativity going, you might even find other great uses.

There are very good free QR code generators that you can access:

+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/16/2013 5:33:11 PM
This is new to me (not real new) and my first question would be...
What is this code used for online or off line. (the one above)
I don't get it.

Second, why would I need to make one and for what?

just opening up discussions to better explain more about them.
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2013 6:27:14 PM
Quote:
This is new to me (not real new) and my first question would be...
What is this code used for online or off line. (the one above)
I don't get it.

Second, why would I need to make one and for what?

just opening up discussions to better explain more about them.

Good morning Mark and all questions are welcomed :-) . The fact that you ask so many has my head swimming at times...lol

O.K........

Going back a bit here.......

Last night I was talking to a few people on twitter and the topic of QR codes came up ( it was a great discussion btw) and we all agreed that we are living in the digital age, more and more people are using smart phones and when it comes to people marketing online and put out information, the reality is that how can a person take what they are doing and putting it off line in a way that would help their business. Um, it was a lot more involved than that, but that was the essence.

QR codes are one of those wonderful "bits" of technology that is being used more and more by the big companies and as I showed in the reply to Roger, Starbucks is using it for payment as well as for other purposes...how can a person who is into affiliate marketing or people like yourself who is into design, get the word out to people on the street ( as an example) so that they will become curious and want to come online to see what you are doing? The QR code is a fantastic way to do just that...people become curious, scan and if you use the right words etc, people will come to you...it is that simple.

Again as I pointed out to Roger, there are other usages to the QR code that can be done for online, and it is a tool and for people who are marketing, then opening up the door to learn new and innovative ways to get the word out, is to me something that is important.

I also have a pet peeve and that is people who come to Adlandpro or any other community and do NOT use a profile image for whatever reason...this would be a great way to get something up that would actually be useful.

Not sure if I really answered your question(s) but hope it is a start.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!