Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Doug Woodall

199 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
$11.2 billion fine for Spam Man
1/10/2006 6:56:22 PM
A Florida man accused of sending huge volumes of spam has been fined an unprecedented $11.2 billion by a US district court. A lawsuit filed two years ago by the owner of a small Iowa-based ISP, CIS Internet Services, alleged that James McCalla had sent out more than 280 million spam e-mails with return addresses pointing to CIS. The judgement handed out just before Christmas prohibits McCalla from accessing the Internet for three years, in addition to fining him a nominal sum as punishment for every e-mail he is alleged to have sent.
Doug Woodall SpywareBiz,,,We take the Spy out of Spyware! http://www.spywarebiz.com Providing Free Information and Recommended Products to Combat Spyware.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: $11.2 billion fine for Spam Man
1/10/2006 10:16:19 PM
Wow, hope he can pay it. That should take care of some of the national debt! Seriously, I hate spam, but I hate the creators of malware even more. Let's catch some of them and hang them up by their toes, or something else that would be extremely uncomfortable. Cheri
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: $11.2 billion fine for Spam Man
1/11/2006 12:41:54 AM
Hi Doug, Hey, it's good to see a big spammer getting a big bite taken out of him, but I have to admit I'm really with Cheri on this one! Let's stick it to the malware and spyware guys! God bless, Dave
+0