Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: KINDNESS QUOTE ..
11/22/2012 12:03:01 AM
HI Thomas,

Isn't it good when we learn lessons from just a small quiz, that stays with us all out life. I believe that is learning and loving, or learning love or however you want to put it. What do you think?

It is so good to see you in ALP, I miss you and your wonderful posts. Like Jill always said "Thanks for being You" I sure miss her very much, so I keep her alive with her sayings, that way she is close all the time.

Happy Thanksgiving to you
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: KINDNESS QUOTE ..
11/22/2012 12:38:23 AM
Hi Thomas,

Great photo of you!

Cleaning lady's name: Oma! That's what I call my ex-mother-in-law (Dutch for Grandma) she was such a fantastic cleaning lady, people would request her and her partner among all the other cleaners from the cleaning company she worked for. She once accidentally broke an antique jade vase at a client's house, but the person had it repaired and didn't fire her because she's that great of a cleaning lady! One time her car went out of control and she backed into a little brick wall at a customer's house, they asked her to come in and calm down while they called to have her car towed to the mechanics, they didn't fire her either!

Quote:

During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!