Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
KINDNESS QUOTE ..
11/21/2012 7:34:04 PM

During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Dennis Clairmont

642 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: KINDNESS QUOTE ..
11/21/2012 7:49:28 PM
Quote:

During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy. ~Joann C. Jones

Good One Thomas If everyone would adopt this way of thinking Mankind would advance by leaps and bounds into a better Future than we have now.
So i asked this Question to My wife Sandy because she did have a Cancer Operation 6 weeks ago.Yes she said she knew her nurses names and the name of her cleaning lady.

Dennis
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2012 8:23:54 PM
What a wise teacher that was and what a lesson to be learned. I think that for many, when you are reaching for the stars in whatever field they choose, it is always wise to remember the earth that you stand on!
I know for myself and I deal with different institutions, that it takes the many to make everything work in the best possible way. There is a school that I deal with on a daily basis .. John, who is the caretaker or some might call the janitor..is always there with a smile and a helping hand ...he makes that school the friendly learning place for kids and also for the adults... an amazing man!

I did not know about your wife Dennis, I hope that she is doing well...

Thanks Thomas...dang it is good to see you!

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2012 8:46:24 PM
Hello Thomas,

Long time........ When I first joined ALP, I knew the names of people who were on my friends list. Even after over 1000 friends.....I knew when someone posted, whether or not they were on my friends list.

I've been so inactive, that now I do not remember who is on my friends list. This is a shame.....I should have stayed active here. There are so many ppl that I truly care about.

Thank you for listening,
Take care,
Jo
VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2012 9:33:58 PM
HI THOMAS.

Wishing you a happy and blessed THANKSGIVING.
PAT

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!