Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
The best of Landscape Photographer of the Year 2012
10/30/2012 5:05:03 PM

The best of Landscape Photographer of the Year 2012

The annual competition to highlight the best amateur and professional landscape photographers in Britain has provided the usual array of spectacular, inspiring images. The 2012 exhibition of winning and commended entries will be held at London's National Theatre for eight weeks from November 12. The awards, along with a book of the same name, celebrate 'the landscapes of the United Kingdom... from salt marshes, chalk cliffs and ancient woodland, to historic villages, parklands and cityscapes'.

Lindisfarne, Northumberland: David Byrne's said his captivating image, which was the overall winner, was taken because "I love monochrome landscapes and Britain has some of the best landscapes you can find". Mr Byrne, from Staffordshire, won the overall title and £10,000 for his efforts. (David Byrne, Landscape Photographer of the Year)

Lindisfarne, Northumberland: Gary Waidson's inspiring image featured in the Classic View, adult class section. He captured the 'ever-changing scene of pastel colours' well before dawn, with the posts of the old pier appearing to echo the outline of the fortress. (Gary Waidson, Landscape Photographer of the Year)

Marleycombe Hill, Wiltshire: Ken Leslie's highly commended image in the Classic View section captures the early morning mist as the dawn sun reaches into the valley. (Ken Leslie, Landscape Photographer of the Year)

'London when it Snows: Big Ben and Lovers', Westminster Bridge, London: Kayode Okeyode spent around 30 minutes in the snow taking photographs before capturing this image of a couple and a bus in the background. The photo was commended in Living the View category and won the Calumet ‘This Is Britain’ Award. (Kayode Okeyode, Landscape Photographer of the Year)

'Merlin's Well', St Nectan's Glen, Cornwall: Adam Burton's image of a waterfall, the hole above which he claims looks like Alfred Hitchcock, was commended in the Classic View category. (Adam Burton, Landscape Photographer of the Year)

The New Forest, Hampshire: Like many committed photographers, David Baker was up before dawn to take this glorious early morning shot in the New Forest. His image was declared the winner of the Your View, adult class. (David Baker, Landscape Photographer of the Year)

View more great photos here

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: The best of Landscape Photographer of the Year 2012
10/30/2012 8:02:29 PM
Miguel,

These photo are fun.
I can't get it to copy.but I like this one of the deer of the middle of the photo "Oh, they caught me, now what happens" . The one with all the sheep and the huge beard. I was wondering why the different colors on the sheep.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/30/2012 8:02:58 PM

Thank you Miguel,

Thanks for celebrating these great photographers and their images.

Thanks for showing the world what a beautiful country I live in.

If only we had the time, the money and the vitality to show each other the real Peru and Britain.

Roger

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/30/2012 8:23:24 PM
Hi Miguel,

The first one looks desolate but interesting.

I like the purple cliffs and the 2 with the green landscapes. I think the pool of water in that waterfall photo looks more like a bright mirror, and then when I read the description, I saw the silhouette of Hitchcock.

The last one looks very dreamy, almost like a light pencil drawing.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/30/2012 8:32:17 PM
Kathleen, I like this one too. Glad you came up with a name, Hitchcock lol
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook