Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: SOUND OFF ON ANY TOPIC YOU WANT TO.
7/25/2012 9:20:03 PM

Hello Kathleen

Bullies try to control others through fear. It is interesting how quickly they back off when someone stands up to them. They back off because they are cowards. The worse thing you can do when dealing with them is to show fear. Even someone much smaller than them can make them back off because when you stand up to them they wonder what else you might do later on if they don't back off.

I owned a coffee shop for a couple of years. Our location made it inviting for everyone around to want to use our bathroom so my requirement was that they had to buy a donut or a coffee and pay for it before being allowed to use the washroom.

One evening I was in the coffee shop by myself when a guy who had been at the bar across the street wanted to use the washroom. When I told him he had to buy something first, he said he would do it when he finished in the washroom. I said, "Nuh uh. You pay first."

When he started for the washroom, I stood up in front of him and held my hand out for the money. I said, "Money first."

He began yelling at me and calling horrible names and took a step toward me, trying to scare me, I guess. I took a step toward him and told him, "Get out!!" as I pointed to the door. He left cursing all the way out.

I am 5 feet tall. He was a muscular 6 foot. If I had stepped back when he stepped toward me, he would have known I was scared. Truthfully, this man could have easily gotten to the washroom. I figure he either consciously or unconsciously wondered what I'd do later if he tried it.

I like the human wall idea, too. Often bullies do what they do because they are trying to show off in front of others and are trying to gain their support. A human wall would show the bully who really is getting the support while he is made to look like the fool.

Helen

Quote:

THAT is SICK! What's the point of picketing a funeral? The person's soul goes to it's final resting place at the moment of death, so several days later, the people being hurt at the funeral are the relatives & friends.

There should be laws against picketing funerals, all funerals.

The military are VOLUNTEERS to protect our rights and the rights of our allies, including Americans' right to free speech, and the right to protest, so anyone using those right AGAINST fallen military is a sicko.

Anyone picketing funerals and making family members even more upset than they already are, is a sicko.

Funerals are for a final rememberance and honor of the person who died, and those moments are for family members and close friends, not for any strangers to try to ruin the last moment that families may see their loved one on this earth before burial.

I think the human wall idea would be great if it was also done in school bullying situations or in any situation where someone is potentially being victimized. We all should form a human wall whenever we see something that isn't right, or hear about plans that aren't right. School bullying, schoolbus bullying, harassment of the elderly or disabled or mentally retarded people, hate-speech situations, all those situations require a human wall of anyone who's in the area. It takes guts to get between a bully and a victim, there are a lot of people with guts out there, everyone needs to stand together, because there are a lot more good people than bullies.

Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+0
7/26/2012 2:13:12 AM

+0
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/27/2012 1:18:38 PM
Hello everyone

This came to me from Natural News...

Did you know that prescription drugs kill 6200% more Americans each year than homicidal shootings?
http://www.naturalnews.com/036599_gun_control_prescription_drugs_deaths.html

The following are my comments .... helen

Out of those homicidal shootings, how many were caused by psychiatric drugs?

Where are all the activists that fight against pharmaceutical companies and
their snake oil potions that kill over 106,000 people per year in the USA alone.
These dying from prescription drugs are not just old people; it includes all
ages.

America, before you holler for gun controls, do some research of countries who
have recently had gun controls.

If you keep voting for the most dangerous president in the history of the USA,
you are going to need your guns. That's why he doesn't want you to have them.

For more information, go to the Natural News website.

Helen

Spend $4 and get back $10 every time you spend. Contact me (Helen) at this email »»» zhebee@yahoo.com
+0
7/27/2012 1:41:16 PM

Helen something a lot of people don't know is there are a lot of prescription drugs on the market that have not been FDA approved but considering the FDA's track record I'm not sure that is necessarily a bad thing. You read everyday about someone over dosing on prescription narcotics and unfortunately we have to point our fingers back to the pharmaceutical companies who hawk them to the doctors who in turn prescribe them to their patients and the next thing you know another person is addicted to a controlled substance. It is a vicious cycle and just think, it's not been that many years ago that people survived without these so called "pain killers". In my opinion only terminal cancer patients should have access to these highly addictive drugs or anyone dying from any terminal disease to ease their last days.

Quote:

Hello everyone

Did you know that prescription drugs kill 6200% more Americans each year than homicidal shootings?

their snake oil potions that kill over 106,000 people per year in the USA alone.
ages.

Helen

+0
Helen Elias

1370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/27/2012 1:44:01 PM

Evelyn, I agree with you!

Quote:

Helen something a lot of people don't know is there are a lot of prescription drugs on the market that have not been FDA approved but considering the FDA's track record I'm not sure that is necessarily a bad thing. You read everyday about someone over dosing on prescription narcotics and unfortunately we have to point our fingers back to the pharmaceutical companies who hawk them to the doctors who in turn prescribe them to their patients and the next thing you know another person is addicted to a controlled substance. It is a vicious cycle and just think, it's not been that many years ago that people survived without these so called "pain killers". In my opinion only terminal cancer patients should have access to these highly addictive drugs or anyone dying from any terminal disease to ease their last days.

Quote:

Hello everyone

ages.

Helen

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!