Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Realistic drawings look like photographs
3/31/2012 8:06:57 PM
Hi Miguel,

So glad to see you back with art work. I love it when you and Roger explain things to look for or to see. I do hope there is more to come.
Thanks for posting.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Realistic drawings look like photographs
4/5/2012 9:35:42 AM
Dear friends,

I am terrible sorry for delaying my reply this long. But I would like to thank the three of you for your great feedback. In particular you, Roger, for sharing that beautiful portrait of Whitney Houston.

As to your question, I don't know if there is any specific answer to it; maybe there are as many as there are artists who turn to realistic art. On the other hand, so-called hyper-realism has many detractors.

What I find particularly significant is the fact that the artists featured in this topic don't use color in their works. In my view at least, if they would, they would be making them hyper-realistic proper; and in doing so, they would be killing all traces of romanticism and poetry in them.

So again in my view, and generally speaking, there is a starting point if you want to produce this kind of art: you need to be a good photographer and take good, artistic black & white photos of your subjects. As to your personal, deeper motivations, again, I guess there are as many as there are artists who try it. In some cases - and I am sorry if this seems a bit cynic - they may just be trying to do something different - even look, themselves, different.

Hugs,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!