Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Barry Scott

492 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
It's Time To Congratulate Mary Evelyn Simpson Our 2011 Person of the Year
1/12/2012 6:32:32 PM

Mary Evelyn Simpson

There were five nominees in total, Mark Dewey, Mary Evelyn Simpson, Amanda Martin-Shaver, Phil Black and Myrna Ferguson all very worthy candidates. Mary Evelyn won with 60% of the votes.

Special thank you to all the candidates for being such an important part of the community. I would also like to thank all the Voters who did such an outstanding job of coming in to support all the candidates, it was an special display of community spirit.

Mary Evelyn's Bio

I came to this community on April 12, 2006. So far it has been an adventurous journey and I have made some priceless friendships along the way. Really true friendships are indeed priceless, they're definitely among the things money can't buy. And who could have known, that on that day back in April of '06, I would one day be the recipient of this award. I sincerely thank each of you who voted for me. It is greatly appreciated.
I am the oldest of seven with six of us still living. I lost a younger brother in the year 2000. I was born on a farm in a rural farming community outside Loudon, Tennessee and lived there until I was six years old, and then, when I was in first grade, we moved to the northern part of the county in a little community called Eaton's Crossroads. We lived there until I was in sixth grade when we moved to another community call New Providence and then moved back to Eaton's Crossroads when I was in eighth grade where we lived until the building of I/75 displaced us and we moved to another community, but by this time I was grown and married and had left home.
I was also the first grandchild on my dad's side of the family and to say I was spoiled is an understatement. :) My great grandmother was alive and in her eyes I could do no wrong. She died when I was three but I can still remember her and remember the day she died. We had a big extended family with many aunts, uncles and cousins and every Sunday we all gathered at my paternal grandmother's house for Sunday dinner. There were so many of us we had to eat in shifts. This time in my life has a lot of treasured memories. Most of the older folks are gone now and I only have two aunts left, one of my mother's sisters and one of my dad's.
We grew up very poor in material possessions but very rich in the things that mattered most, like a loving family. My parents were hard working and taught each of us to be too. My dad worked construction during the day and farmed after he got home. Even though we were very poor, we always had a roof over our heads and plenty to eat from the self sufficient life style that comes from living on a farm. They sacrificed a lot for us and I was fortunate and blessed in so many ways. My mom was the quiet rock that held it all together.
I attended Eatons Elementary and New Providence Elementary Schools and graduated from Lenoir City High School. I lived in Chattanooga for about three years until my first marriage ended and I moved back to Lenoir City where I lived until May of 2010 when I moved to Oak Ridge, Tennessee after my second marriage ended. I worked at the Yale lock plant in Lenoir City for 37 years until I had to take early retirement due to developing chronic asthma. I could no longer work in an environment where numerous chemicals were being used.
I am the mother of two, twins Jeff and Jenny who are both married and have families of their own. My daughter is the mother of my three oldest grandchildren and Jeff and his wife have one little daughter, my youngest grandchild.
I left Tennessee and moved here to SW Florida back in October so I could enjoy the beautiful sunshine and warm weather and I found a house I really like. I love where I live and the people are very friendly and helpful. I am gradually learning my way around and all the short cuts too.
I am basically a happy person and hope to enjoy many more years of life and many more years of being a part of this community, where there are some of the greatest people I have ever known.
Thanks for reading my bio.
Sincerely,
Evelyn

VOTE FOR A NEW

PERSON OF THE WEEK

EACH WEEK

CLICK HERE

+1
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: It's Time To Congratulate Mary Evelyn Simpson Our 2011 Person of the Year
1/13/2012 1:38:15 AM
Hi Barry, It's Time To Congratulate Mary Evelyn Simpson Our 2011 Person of the Year! Thank you Queen Mary for your friendship. You are a special friend to many here. Best Wishes, LaNell
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2012 2:04:01 AM
Yeehaaa, way to go Mary Evelyn! 2011 Person of the Year is so well deserved and you know you will be the talk of the town all across the Internet too.

Some folks will be biting nails slinging their petty slurs.
But that is okay you are the POTY for 2011!!!! Let's Party!!!

expPartyanimalYB.gif loveit2.gifpg2_e_tmqxmas01_576.jpggrannyagainstobama.gif

Quote:

Mary Evelyn Simpson

There were five nominees in total, Mark Dewey, Mary Evelyn Simpson, Amanda Martin-Shaver, Phil Black and Myrna Ferguson all very worthy candidates. Mary Evelyn won with 60% of the votes.

Special thank you to all the candidates for being such an important part of the community. I would also like to thank all the Voters who did such an outstanding job of coming in to support all the candidates, it was an special display of community spirit.

I have spoken with Mary Evelyn and her Bio will be coming shortly as she is working on it and I will have this updated and place here when she is finished.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Chat
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2012 4:31:17 AM
My congratulation Mary Evelyn,

I'm sure this will be a good encouragement for you to grow your new forum.

193.ht8.jpg

Bogdan Fiedur

Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
1/13/2012 8:32:30 PM

Congratulations Mary Evelyn !

images.jpg

Boy are you going to be one busy lady this week! Have a wonderful week and year my friend!

Best Wishes Always,

Deb

Lefty's Tails and Adventures http://www.leftygold.com Luxury Pet Furniture http://www.luxurypetfurniture.org Unique Personalized Gifts http://www.uniquepersonalizedgift.org DS DOMINATION http://www.dominateincomeonline.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!