Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: This Is Dedicated To The Birds...Videos or Photos...Please Post Them Here!
6/5/2011 11:00:35 PM

Hi Cheryl,

Although we have owned parrots and a lovebird I can't find any photos.

I love birds of prey. They are so powerful and alert. Here is a favourite owl picture.

And a beautiful hawk

Roger

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/6/2011 8:07:10 PM
Cheryl thank you so much for inviting me to the Birds forum! I will love this.

And I need to show you bird intelligence videos!

Look at this one about Dr. Irene Pepperberg, Alex and Griffin! She has proven that Alex had the intelligence of a five year old child and the emotions of a 2 year old child and Griffen has the intelligence of a 3 year old child or more by now. This video is a few years old.
Love and big hugs.

Barb :)

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/6/2011 8:17:15 PM
And look at this wonderful video about crow intelligence!

Love and big hugs.

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/6/2011 8:34:53 PM
Quote:
I am intrigued by Einstein....the African Grey Parrot. He's smarter than some of the people I know! Seriously....I'm just saying....hmmm! Anyway, I do love this video.

All birds are a whole lot smarter than we think they are. I had a cockatiel that a friend gave to me when I moved back to Texas from Oregon, and though I had never had a bird as a pet before, I discovered that she was a smart little thing. I was able to teach here several things...& consequently she taught me a lot about birds. I grew to love that little bird and when when she passed away I was really saddened by it.

Now if you feel like posting other types of animals, you can post those under my thread called "A Few of My Favorite Pictures and Videos"....cuz...there is where you will see the sweetest dogs ever! Yes, they are mine of course, but you may just have a favored picture of your own pet. Please post them there. Or if you don't have pets or animals to post there you can also post your favorite pics or videos or other items there.

This thread is for the birds....no pun intended! :-)

Thanks,

Cheryl

Thank you Cheryl for the Einstein video! She is amazing!

Love and big hugs.

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/6/2011 8:35:59 PM
Quote:

Thank you for this forum Cheryl. I do love birds and we raised a lot of them. My brother had a business in exotic birds and we helped him to take care of them. I have had several species. Here are two that I loved very much:

Pete and Alex Friends

Pete was a Love Bird that I raised. He was so sweet and could say anything the other birds could. I have written a short story about him with pictures that I hope to publish this year.

The Mustached Parakeet, Alex, was my love and companion for many years. I had to sacrifice him when I moved from Alabama back to Kansas. He could detect my feelings so well and I was extremely depressed. I gave him to a friend of mine that I trusted with birds. I still miss him but knew that I could not take care of him any longer.

I love birds!

Sara

Aaaawww Sara your birds are beautiful. :)

Love and big hugs.

Barb
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!