Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mountain pictorial paintings. A contrast of styles
1/1/2011 7:56:53 PM

Kilchern Castle With The Cruchan Ben Mountains Scotland, Noon

TURNER

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2011 2:07:18 AM
Quote:

What better than to start with Luis' homeland.

How is this for a painting of The Andes.

This painting is like Constable in ?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /Peru.

What do you think Luis?

Hello Roger,

You do me great honor by starting your thread with this extraordinary painting; I am most impressed by its beauty and majesty. And while it does not exactly depict my country, for it rather shows an imposing mountainous area of Ecuador, in the North of Peru, with Chimborazo Volcano in the distance, it does depict what very properly can be called the Heart of the Andes. This heart can be said to cover a stretch of the west part of South America which includes Ecuador, Peru and the northern part of Chile.

I am not very sure about this, but I believe the Chimborazo Volcano in Ecuador is the third tallest mountain in the whole American continent, the tallest and second-tallest being Aconcagua volcano in Chile and Huascaran Mountain in Peru.

During my trips through the mountain range provinces in my country, in various opportunities I have been able to watch awesome landscapes which also included big snow-capped mountains in the distance with just a suggestion in the mid distance and in the forefront of small towns and churches, indigenous people and cultivated fields with trees and rivulets, just like in the painting. The greatness and beauty of these landscapes, above all when the light of the sun plays on the trees and water, is indescribable.

That painting is as awesome as all that. I would like to see more works of Frederic Edwin Church, but it will have to wait till tomorrow, it's late now here and I am a little tired.

Anyway, I hope to bring news and maybe bring up a couple of photos of his paintings.

Thank you,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/3/2011 2:24:00 AM
Quote:

Kilchern Castle With The Cruchan Ben Mountains Scotland, Noon

TURNER

Hello again Roger,

You cannot imagine how much I thank you for posting this painting. Not only because I have long been an admirer of Turner's fabulous work, especially his watercolors, but also because I have been checking out my archives for mountains in the works of the great masters to no avail. Even this painting of Turner was unknown to me; by the way, it is extraordinary.

Thanks again,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
RE:MUST READ
1/3/2011 4:34:50 PM

Hello Friend: I will have a look at your presentation, but I just have to tell u what I found. A passive income for life, just have a look 14 DAY FR’EE TRAIL

http://www.bemotivatedtoday.com/31451

ALSO TRY

http://www.surveybasket.co.za/join.php?uid=615182

OR
Contact me zedjansen@yahoo.com
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE:MUST READ
1/15/2011 7:35:34 PM

Salvador Dali

Mountain Lake

Painted in the 30's. I don't know of any other Dali mountain paintings.

Do you?

Roger

+0