Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mountain pictorial paintings. A contrast of styles
1/16/2011 9:42:25 AM

Luis that's a great portrait.

There is real sofness and feeling in the painting. When an artist has skill like Dali it is easy to slip into a very foirmal painting. This shows his skills very well. You can feel the sofness of the woolen suit.

Excellent.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2011 9:53:13 AM
Quote:

You guys have some great stuff. I enjoyed seeing Dali being "normal" in the painting of the woman. The Bierstadt is also fantastic! Here's another English/American (besides Wood)

Children Of The Mountain by Thomas Moran

What a great painter. These English/American artists were so well travelled too.

Look at how loose and wild his work is compared with the others.

here's another by Moran.

Index Peak, Yellowstone National Park, 1914, oil on canvas

His Scottish stuff was wonderful too.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2011 10:39:03 AM
Quote:

Luis that's a great portrait.

There is real sofness and feeling in the painting. When an artist has skill like Dali it is easy to slip into a very foirmal painting. This shows his skills very well. You can feel the sofness of the woolen suit.

Excellent.

Roger

Yes Roger, Dali, like Picasso, was an accomplished artist on top of a creator. His skills was evidenced long before he set himself to create turmoil among the critics and the public with his fantastic compositions.

There is another portrait of Sir John Dunn that clearly shows this by incorporating both qualities. You can see it here. I don't want to post it, I would be taking this thread too much from its main subject.

Hugs,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2011 12:53:33 PM

Wonderful again.

The Ceasar treatment is very interesting and the clouds are very Dali.

Very educational.

Roger

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/16/2011 8:34:23 PM

Hi Roger and Luis Miguel,

I just came in here to look at Mrs. Ruth Daponte again on page 3, and then I saw Sir John Dunn here. I remember you posted another Dali portrait last year of a young woman looking out a window, he really does portray a "feel" for the people, a "same room" feeling, as I just posted in Roger's other forum, portrait art is much more human than photography. Dali has a reach-out-and-touch way of painting people, timeless, as if they're right in front of us always.

+0