Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mountain pictorial paintings. A contrast of styles
1/30/2011 11:16:24 AM

Great research Luis.

It amazes me where a theme can take us.

Not only do we find different styles BUT we find new artists.

The Tigua paintings can't be classified as master art but wow. The colour, the tradition and atmosphere that they bring are a true picture of the culture. We truly are blessed as a generation. NEVER BEFORE did Mr average have acess to the full scope of beautiful images. For me this negates the negative things that technology brings.

That is a wonderful example of Dali's work.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I'M ABOUT TO MAKE YOU JEALOUS LUIS.

I really wish that you could come to this Luis, it would be wonderful.

The National Galleries, London

The Tate

The Tate Modern (In old Power Station)

The London Film Museum is housed in the old London local authority building, County Hall.

My grand daughter loves films.

Next month I am taking my eldest (14) grand daughter to London. We are visiting The Tate, The TateModern, The National Gallery and the National Film museum. We will also get a twenty minute river trip on the Thames from The Tate to The Tate Modern.

It seems like a heavy day but we have already worked out WHAT we want to see, the rooms to visit and also time to be surprised or drawn to other paintings/artists that we don't know already. VERY exiting.

My grand daughter is very artistic and already produces lovely photos and paintings. She is taking Fine Art as an exam option on top of her core subjects. She wants to be a journalist. I hope I can point her towards art critic/journalist. how exciting would that be?

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2011 1:23:08 PM

I found this article. Unbelievable is it not?

google_ad_section_start

78-Year-Old Artist's Paintings to Grace Everest's Summit

google_ad_section_end
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/30/2011 1:34:41 PM

Golden Peak. Acrylic on canvas. 16 x 30 inches.
By Jimmy Quek Prabhakara. Singapore Artist.
All Rights Reserved.

Great paintings of Everest are fairly rare. This one is lovely and shows an understanding of the remoteness and beauty.

I have sought permission to reproduce. I hope that this will be ok.

Roger

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2011 2:47:05 AM
Quote:

I'M ABOUT TO MAKE YOU JEALOUS LUIS.

I really wish that you could come to this Luis, it would be wonderful.

The National Galleries, London

The Tate

The Tate Modern (In old Power Station)

The London Film Museum is housed in the old London local authority building, County Hall.

My grand daughter loves films.

Next month I am taking my eldest (14) grand daughter to London. We are visiting The Tate, The TateModern, The National Gallery and the National Film museum. We will also get a twenty minute river trip on the Thames from The Tate to The Tate Modern.

It seems like a heavy day but we have already worked out WHAT we want to see, the rooms to visit and also time to be surprised or drawn to other paintings/artists that we don't know already. VERY exiting.

My grand daughter is very artistic and already produces lovely photos and paintings. She is taking Fine Art as an exam option on top of her core subjects. She wants to be a journalist. I hope I can point her towards art critic/journalist. how exciting would that be?

Roger

All I can say is: Yes Roger, you have made me VERY jealous! :))

Seriously now: I would like to make a longer comment including each and every one of the mountain paintings featured along this topic, but I am afraid the task is beyond my strength at this moment... It's a little late here and I am so tired.

Back to Albert Bierstadt, however, whose painting of Yosemite Valley (in page 4 of this thread) left me speechless, I have just found two other perhaps even more breathtaking versions of the same subject. This will be my contribution today (or rather tonight.

Hugs,

Miguel

Albert Bierstadt - Looking Down Yosemite Valley (1865)

Albert Bierstadt - Yosemite Valley

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2011 8:47:55 AM

I do understand Miguel,

Pleasew never feel pressured.

Those pictures are stunning.

Some of these artists are more than great painters. The compositions are wonderful.

I too am so impressed.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!