Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: for latest update on my amputation
12/23/2010 3:51:24 PM
Quote:

Hey Bill, looks like you have made some real friends on the medical staff.

Also good to read how you are recuperating. You are a wonderful illustration of someone who is not going to give up. You go Bill.

Nice to see you in the community. Just like you I don't come here often as it is hard to get beyond the ? profiles, scammers and girlies......ooops there goes one now in her bekini.

Apsense is a very nice community of real people, good friendships. You take care now , friend.

I have never before seen any thing like it. 4 departments and they are interlinked so well that as you move through the system every thing goes like clockwork.

Starting with the surgeons who have to tell you what your options are and carry out the amputations.
To the staff on ward 21 at the Leicester royal who are the experts in looking after the vascular patients with the diverse things they have had done.

And on to the Hospital Occupational Therapy unit who with some of the Disabled Services Center, (at the General) physiotherapists do the initial things like getting you to get out of bed into a chair unaided and then in my case into a wheelchair.

And the finally you have the Disabled Services Center, at the General and it is impossible to say just how great they are. I do not have words to describe the admiration I have for them.

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/23/2010 3:55:38 PM
Quote:

Bill,

Thanks for the update.

Congratulations to you for your positive attitude and your statement of thanks to those who have (and continue to) help you.

You are an inspiratrion.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

You are in my thoughts.

Roger

Hi Roger

and a merry Christmas to you and in fact to every one that reads this.
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/23/2010 4:03:20 PM
Quote:
I think you remind us that the world "disabled" is purely subjective!

Disabled can mean many things from nearly blind or blind.
to people with 1 to 4 limbs either not there or not functioning.

Personally I am lucky I still have one good leg, although we are not sure if it will last long or not. I intend to carry on and if I lose the other one then I will go back to that fantastic team because I know I can trust them, and I will learn to walk with two wooden legs lol (the fact they are made out of some sort of metal is irrelevant I call them wooden leg(s))

+0
Roger Bjornerud

1658 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/24/2010 12:07:27 AM
I found a clip on youtube to show why I told you to watch Forest Gump :)

Roger Bjornerud - Back from vacation - Planning the next :)
roger.bjornerud@gmail.com

Free Leads System . Click here to visit my Blog 5 Key Formula Steps

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/24/2010 2:43:33 PM
Hi Bill,

It is so good to hear you are doing so well. You didn't let this little thing get you down, you turned around to something positive. Congratulations, keep up the good work.

Myrna

Merry Christmas
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!