Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Pumpkin Cheesecake
12/20/2010 12:31:00 AM
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

Thanks Phil, these sound wonderful. I love the Chocolate Whoopie Pies ! I will have to try these on the boys !

I made a pumpkin cake yesterday ... it is half gone ... would be all gone but for a Christmas Party last night with lots of food and goodies.
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/21/2010 12:27:39 AM

Hi Linda,

Sounds like you're enjoying the Holidays. That's the way it should be. Good Food, Good Times, and Great Friends.

I'm afraid that my Diabetes won't let me enjoy a lot of these Sweet Treats, but I still love to see the Smiles on everyone's faces when they're eating them.

Of course, I do still eat some Sweet Thangs, I just have to use Splenda or Truvia instrad of Sugar. Like this Sweet Potato Pie with Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. A graham cracker crust surrounds a satiny sweet potato filling topped with pecans that is guaranteed to win applause at your table.

Sweet Potato Pie

• 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained

• 1¼ cups lowfat evaporated milk

• 2 large eggs

• ¼ cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend

• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

• ¼ teaspoon salt

• 1 (6 ounce) prepared reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust

• 3 tablespoons chopped pecans

• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

• Put sweet potatoes in bowl of electric mixer and mash on medium speed. Add evaporated milk, eggs, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until combined. Scrape filling into crust. Top with pecans.

• Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Hope Your Christmas Is Bright & Beautiful,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/21/2010 1:29:04 AM
Phil,

I too use Splenda, Smart Sugar, or Truvia in baking, my coffee, tea ... anything I can substitue
for sugar ... I have been unable to tolerate sugar all my life ... and always trying to cut calories.

Linda
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/21/2010 2:51:57 PM

Hi Linda,

Like I have said, I do like my Pumpkin, just about any way it's served. Here's a warm and creamy rich pumpkin drink that tastes like a Starbucks® pumpkin Latte, but with NO caffeine, so it is very kid friendly or great at the mid day office Holiday party. I will admit, I did add a shot of Expresso to mine, but all of the kids drank theirs as is, and asked for the rest of what was left.

No Coffee Pumpkin Latte

Ingredients

• 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 quart milk
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar (or Splenda), cinnamon, and vanilla in a large saucepan over medium heat. Use a whisk to blend well. Heat to a simmer; do not boil.

Have A Wonderful Holiday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/22/2010 10:37:49 PM
mmm ! That sounds healthy and delicious !

Happy Holidays !

Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!