Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: SAVE OUR PRINCESSES
12/3/2010 2:43:40 PM
Roger back when I was a skin care consultant and the goal was to get customers not to skip steps in their routine we would say -you wouldn't try to bake a cake by leaving out the eggs and the milk.
Well that is going on, leaving out the pieces that have until now have created happy, healthy productive humans.
We can see the results of this nonsense.
Play time with your children and grandchildren gives you a window into how their little minds are working, allowing you to fine tune where needed. Plopping them in front of an action game or the telly leaves very much to be desired.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2010 5:13:39 PM
Disney is short sighted and WRONG. The Princess movies are needed because of the beauty in the story.

Their Decision is made for $$ of course and no other reason. I'm sorry for the children, especially girls.

Pat

Quote:

DID YOU SEE DISNEY'S DECISION?

-------------------------------------------------

WARNING.

If you are a PRINCESS you are AT RISK.

------------------------------------------------------

It's like the end of an era in the world of cartoons - Disney bosses have announced that they will make no more "princess" cartoons.

Execs have decided that Tangled, based on the story of Rapunzel and due for UK release in January, will be the studio's final fairytale film, possibly for ever.

Instead of focusing on repeating the success of Sleeping Beauty and The Princess And The Frog, Disney will focus its attention on its "mega franchises" such as Pirates Of The Caribbean and Toy Story, the most successful series in animation history.

"Today, among little girls especially, princesses and the romanticised ideal they represent - finding the man of your dreams - have a limited shelf life," the Daily Express quoted Disney board director John Lasseter, as saying.

Ed Catmull, head of Pixar Animation, added, "Films and genres do run a course. Princesses may come back later if someone has a new take."

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2010 5:57:24 PM

Quote:
Roger back when I was a skin care consultant and the goal was to get customers not to skip steps in their routine we would say -you wouldn't try to bake a cake by leaving out the eggs and the milk.
Well that is going on, leaving out the pieces that have until now have created happy, healthy productive humans.
We can see the results of this nonsense.
Play time with your children and grandchildren gives you a window into how their little minds are working, allowing you to fine tune where needed. Plopping them in front of an action game or the telly leaves very much to be desired.

You are a lady after my own mind.

Folk miss so much themselves by not interacting with the children. Everybody loses.

I'll play Princes and Princesses anytime.

I'm going to have to play rougher games now with little Daniel on the scene. (It will be a little while yet).

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2010 5:58:45 PM

I'm sure that another company will pick up on the need.

Roger

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2010 7:03:35 PM

Well, I've decided that this is a good thing after all.
1. The Princesses are a special select group, there should not be too many of them.
2. Most cultures are now represented.
3. Obtaining them for your own grandchildren and children when others are not will give you brownie points. (I'm thinking special play group showings and princess parties)
4. Disney will release them from the vault every ten years as they do with Fantasia and the others.
Conclusion-all is not lost as long as we continue to believe.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!