Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
SAVE OUR PRINCESSES
12/1/2010 6:44:51 PM

DID YOU SEE DISNEY'S DECISION?

-------------------------------------------------

WARNING.

If you are a PRINCESS you are AT RISK.

------------------------------------------------------

It's like the end of an era in the world of cartoons - Disney bosses have announced that they will make no more "princess" cartoons.

Execs have decided that Tangled, based on the story of Rapunzel and due for UK release in January, will be the studio's final fairytale film, possibly for ever.

Instead of focusing on repeating the success of Sleeping Beauty and The Princess And The Frog, Disney will focus its attention on its "mega franchises" such as Pirates Of The Caribbean and Toy Story, the most successful series in animation history.

"Today, among little girls especially, princesses and the romanticised ideal they represent - finding the man of your dreams - have a limited shelf life," the Daily Express quoted Disney board director John Lasseter, as saying.

Ed Catmull, head of Pixar Animation, added, "Films and genres do run a course. Princesses may come back later if someone has a new take."

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: SAVE OUR PRINCESSES
12/1/2010 6:49:01 PM

-----------------------------------------------

BRING US YOUR FAVOURITE PRINCESSES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your children need them

Post your images and comments here

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2010 6:52:31 PM

That's ridiculous, even the most serious non-princess grown women on earth all dreamed of BEING a princess when they were little, it's part of who all women are/were.

That's like saying they won't make anymore male-adventure movies. As if there would ever be a lull in boys and men who want to be pirates or have car chases.

There's a new movie coming out soon, I don't know if it's Disney or not, but it's real actors, set in the Old West, being attacked and defending themselves against spaceships...called "COWBOYS & ALIENS"

I'm not joking, now I remember the trailer for it, I think it's made by Steven Speilberg or George Lucas, one of the space theme movie directors/producers.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2010 7:07:47 PM

I know what you say Kathleen.

Having had to play the Prince role for two daughters and two out of three grand daughters, I'm out of a job too.

It's part of growing up for grandads too.

The sale of pumpkins and glass slippers will slump and the people that supply beautiful coaches with horses will go out of business.

It might just be Emily, my middle grand daughters fault though.

We had a film-themed party on our Ruby wedding and Emily came dressed as a princess.

Her quote was:

"I hate pink, I hate fairies and I hate princesses, but, mummy made me wear this"

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/1/2010 8:31:23 PM
Maybe all the Princes at Disneyland turned back into frogs and they're trying to get even. How about Cowboys and Alien Princesses?

GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!