Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ricardo Alcaraz

203 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Do you have just a minute for a small favor? Hurry if you do...
12/27/2005 9:40:14 PM
Hello Linda, Thank you for inviting me. I would like to accomodate you, but I have already voted. Maybe, next time .... Cheers! Ricardo
+0
12/28/2005 2:49:21 AM
Hi Cheri, ======================================== My friend William Vanderbilt is also up (Fanbelt is his user name.) Bill has reached out from his own illness and pain to bring hope to others. ======================================== I'd never met him, but after your post, I spent a long time reading his forums. Reaching out from a place of pain doesn't even begin to say what he does there, does it.... it takes a lot to do what he's doing. ======================================== Maybe there is an element of popularity, however popularity here seems to go with being willing to help people. ======================================== Yes, sometimes it does, that's very true. Other times, it has roots in the need to belong to a group. And sometimes, both. Helping is a funny thing, though. Sometimes, listening and sharing and being there is very helpful. I don't question that one bit! Other times, though, all the listening, and caring and sharing in the world won't help, because what we need is someone to help turn us around when we're on a dead end road, or help us find the information that will get us out of the situation we're in. That's something I deal with a lot in business. When a business owner comes to me and says they aren't making money and their business is failing, and their family is depending on them.... what they need most is the education and help to turn things around. I see a lot of financial duress at Adland. That's not so different than anywhere else, really. There's a lot of people here (and everywhere) that can't pay their bills or barely scrape by, or desperately want to supplement their income to help a child or a spouse or just to live better. Some of what I read really tears at my heart. There's also a lot of people that are sympathetic and caring, but can't help anyone -- beyond emotional support -- because they have not yet succeeded in helping themselves. There's also a lot of people that are desperately trying to sign others up to programs that aren't making them any money in the first place. And, to top it all off, there's also a handful that willingly lead others down the garden path for their own reasons. It's all here; a grand cross section of humanity. Friendship and caring and sharing are ways of helping bolster the human spirit. Indeed, they are. And giving help and information to try help nudge people onto a better path or turn them around is yet another way. I guess that's the sort I tend to try give most of all. Nature of the beast... what I do has permeated who I am. Or maybe vice verse... : ) Linda P.S. For everyone that voted or does vote... whether it's for Bill, Deb, or whoever your choice is - it's good to see more people voting!
+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/28/2005 6:55:35 AM
Hi Linda, I saw Bobs post. You got my vote for the 25th! You have helped a lot of people and continue to do so. Teaching them how to improve their online business. You freely teach what you would normally charge for. Giving away a "piece" of your living. You deserve the "spotlight" and I think you should take it. Your at 28% now...yeah!! Good luck to all, Angela
Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/28/2005 11:42:10 AM
Hi Linda, Oh my!!! I am so grateful for all the support you have given me here at Adland. I know that without you I would have never been able to do this, I was and still am such a "NEWBIE". You have been my mentor but more importantly my friend, I will always carry a special place in my heart for you. I have been so busy with my family over the holidays that I must admit I have been having trouble keeping up with all my Adland friends. I want everyone to know that I really do care about them when I post to one of their forums, and am not just trying to get in a free advertisement. I so enjoy this community, it is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I am so honored and exited about being nominated for POTW, I cannot tell you how I feel. It doesn't even matter if I win or not, it is just the warm, wonderful feeling that I got from just knowing that people care. Oh dear, I have gone on, forgive me. Thank you again, Linda, you are so special. And thank all of you at Adland for being my friends. Happy New Year to Everyone!!! Your Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/28/2005 11:42:28 AM
Hi Linda, Oh my!!! I am so grateful for all the support you have given me here at Adland. I know that without you I would have never been able to do this, I was and still am such a "NEWBIE". You have been my mentor but more importantly my friend, I will always carry a special place in my heart for you. I have been so busy with my family over the holidays that I must admit I have been having trouble keeping up with all my Adland friends. I want everyone to know that I really do care about them when I post to one of their forums, and am not just trying to get in a free advertisement. I so enjoy this community, it is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I am so honored and exited about being nominated for POTW, I cannot tell you how I feel. It doesn't even matter if I win or not, it is just the warm, wonderful feeling that I got from just knowing that people care. Oh dear, I have gone on, forgive me. Thank you again, Linda, you are so special. And thank all of you at Adland for being my friends. Happy New Year to Everyone!!! Your Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0