Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A RUSSIAN MODERN MYSTIC - NICHOLAS ROERICH
12/17/2013 9:07:46 PM

Useful information.

Thank you.

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2016 12:05:12 AM

I am not sure if I have posted this video along this thread, but I am sure you will like it. As a great finale.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2016 3:21:00 AM
I enjoyed very much. Thank you.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+2
5/22/2016 12:00:58 PM
This collection reminds me of the paintings my brother does ... he's multi-talented

I took a cell photo of a painting he did for my birthday ... years ago ... recently shared in blog post

Picture

Quote:

Dear Friends and visitors,

Here is another trio of great works by Nicholas Roerich. I have chosen them for their great plasticity. The second one has such an ethereal beauty that I consider insuperable. The third one is most simple in appearance but I don't know if you perceive in it, as in many other of Nicholas Roerich's paintings, something that only now can I put in words. It is this: The places depicted in them seem to be tellling about things that they have been able to witness over the millennia, perhaps bloody episodes but also the passing of great saints, terrible nocturnal storms and beautiful dawnings after them, everything. What will the gates in the first painting not have witnessed in the past! I am not sure if there are many artists who are capable of such a power of expression through their works, to say it somehow. If I had to point at some particular area of a painting that can express such things by means of the brush of an artist I would signal the skies, for example that of the third one. It is as if it was the result of what it has been through over the previous night or over the previous few nights and days, maybe weeks, and it only needed a great painter's superb ability and identification with that particular spot to finally express itself to the viewer. To me (if this is not just my imagination), at least in many impressive cases, Nicholas Roerich was able to capture in a moment's time the entire history of a place.

But I will better stop these lucubrations here, lest the magic of these paintings be lost.

Nicholas Roerich - Gates in Trakai (1903-1904, oil on wood)

Nicholas Roerich - Genizar Lake (1935-1936, tempera on canvas)

Nicholas Roerich - Gompa (1932, tempera on canvas on cardboard)

Hugs,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/22/2016 3:55:57 PM

Beautiful, I love it.

Picture

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!