Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Say Goodbye To Summer 2010 In Style - Happy Labor Day
9/4/2010 8:33:56 PM

Hi Cheryl,

I so glad that you stopped by and I appreciate your kind Comments. Hope you & your family have a Wonderfully Happy Labor Day Weekend.

In honor of one of my favorite Forum Threads, your Famous Quotes and Their Authors, here's a few of my favorite Labor Day Quotes...

First, a little Labor Day Humor:

If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labor Day Weekend.
~ Doug Larson

In labor news, longshoremen walked off the piers today; rescue operations are continuing.
~ George Carlin

Then, some general Labor Day Quotes:

Our mental make-up is suited to a life of very severe physical labor
~ Bertrand Russell

Heaven is blessed with perfect rest but the blessing of earth is toil.
~ Henry van Dyke

God sells us all things at the price of labor.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Labor was the first price, the original purchase-money that was paid for all things. It was not by gold or by silver, but by labor, that all wealth of the world was originally purchased.
~ Adam Smith

Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another.
~ Anatole France

Work isn't to make money; you work to justify life.
~ Marc Chagall

Without labor nothing prospers.
~ Sophocles

A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
~ Thomas Jefferson

God give me work, till my life shall end,
And life, till my work is done.
~ Epitaph of Winifred Holtby

The end of labor is to gain leisure.
~ Aristotle

It is labour indeed that puts the difference on everything.
~ John Locke

Few can be induced to labor exclusively for posterity - Posterity has done nothing for us.
~ Abraham Lincoln

We all labor against our own cure, for death is the cure of all diseases.
~ Thomas Browne, Sr.

Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labor; this is the gift of God.
~ Bible

The highest pleasure to be got out of freedom, and having nothing to do, is labor.
~ Mark Twain

And Finally, the reason we rest on Labor Day...

Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow.
~ Douglas Pagels

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.
~ Ovid

Have A Terrific Labor Day Weekend My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Say Goodbye To Summer 2010 In Style - Happy Labor Day
9/6/2010 1:21:19 AM

Hello Everyone,

Just stopped by one last time to say Thanks once more to Sara and Cheryl. It's Great to see that there's still a few of us Old-timers left, the ones who still can remember how Wonderful a Community that Adland used to be. Guess that most of the rest of the Folks are much too busy these days, spending "quality" time playing all of those "Challenging" games over at FB.

Sometimes it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort anymore now does it?

Anyway, I wish you all a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend and a Terrific Week!

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!