Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Stuff to make you think
3/27/2011 1:41:09 AM
Quote:
Hi Roger,
We are all made in GOD'S image. We have all used that term throughout our lives, but have we ever contemplated what it mean's? We thing of an image as something tangible that we can see. When I look in the mirror I see an image of what I look like, you see an image of what your look like, and Myrna sees an image of what she looks like. She than says, "Thank GOD I don't look like those two." Our conception of the word image is taken entirely out of context. Is GOD male or female? This question has been asked since the beginning of time. The correct answer is neither and both. This sounds like a contradiction in terms, however both answers are correct. GOD is OmniPotent meaning above all else. The essence of being is in itself the true meaning of who, (Not what) GOD is. GOD is the only singular being in the entire Universe. Everything else is paired off, Male, Female, right, left, North, South, and so on. The image surrounds us every day, every minute, every second and every milisecond. Although we are flesh and bone, this flesh and bone will cease to exist one day, however our life will never be distinquished because we know it as our soul, or the Light Within. As you mentioned, a molecule here or there determines what we are born as, however each one of us, whether we are human, animal, plant, or any other form of life, started as a piece of our Supreme creator who the majority of us know as GOD. We are light, we are Love, we are many complex components of energy that all came from one, single source.
It does not matter if Archaeoligists found artifacts dating back to 9,000 years before the bible or if Adam and Eve were Homo Sapiens or Neandethal. We are alive because our creator chose to use HIS light in a very positive way.

Are Miracles Real? Very real. As many of you will recall, I once recounted a story of when I first arrived in Indianapolis, I tried countless times to call Shirley, however she had an unlisted number. Finally, I called my ex wife (wife at that time) During our conversation she asked if she heard traffic in the background. I told her that she did. She recounted by saying that I would do the world a big favor by stepping out into it. I wasn't able to find work, I was living in a homeless shelter and I felt pretty much useless. I walked to the curb, tears in my eyes, and I know that I stepped off the curb into traffic. The next thing that I recalled was talking on the phone with Shirley. When I asked how long we had been talking and what had I told her she said that we had been talking for fifteen minutes and I told her everything. She asked if I had been praying to GOD and I told her that HE did not have time for me. She told me that HE did and also that HE had a job waiting for me. Shortly thereafter I had a job.
Although our creator is energy and Light, HE is also Loving and caring and above all else, REAL.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
http://www.countryvalues65.com

Hello Mike,

At this point, I have found that any of your posts in the forums that I frequent here is a delight to read. However, this one goes beyond anything I have read from you before. I would not change it for any heavy treatise on philosophy nor even for any of the old Greeks' writings on metaphysics. And not because these writings are boring, which they are, but because in just a few lines you have conveyed more wisdom than all of them either taken individually or as a whole. Also, the subject is of such a high nature that I cannot think of anything greater to be dealt with in a post: God.

So I will not comment on it anymore than I have said above; somehow I feel it would not be correct. I will only thank God one more time for having brought me to a place, this community, where things of this highest nature can be discussed in a forum with people like you, Cheryl, Myrna and, of course, Roger. It reminds me of a statement I read once at the beginning of a great Hindu scripture, actually its opening verses: "Now is the time for us to talk about the Supreme Absolute Truth", meaning anytime and, perhaps, any place is good for it.

Hugs and Blessings,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/27/2011 8:43:20 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Roger,
We are all made in GOD'S image. We have all used that term throughout our lives, but have we ever contemplated what it mean's? We thing of an image as something tangible that we can see. When I look in the mirror I see an image of what I look like, you see an image of what your look like, and Myrna sees an image of what she looks like. She than says, "Thank GOD I don't look like those two." Our conception of the word image is taken entirely out of context. Is GOD male or female? This question has been asked since the beginning of time. The correct answer is neither and both. This sounds like a contradiction in terms, however both answers are correct. GOD is OmniPotent meaning above all else. The essence of being is in itself the true meaning of who, (Not what) GOD is. GOD is the only singular being in the entire Universe. Everything else is paired off, Male, Female, right, left, North, South, and so on. The image surrounds us every day, every minute, every second and every milisecond. Although we are flesh and bone, this flesh and bone will cease to exist one day, however our life will never be distinquished because we know it as our soul, or the Light Within. As you mentioned, a molecule here or there determines what we are born as, however each one of us, whether we are human, animal, plant, or any other form of life, started as a piece of our Supreme creator who the majority of us know as GOD. We are light, we are Love, we are many complex components of energy that all came from one, single source.
It does not matter if Archaeoligists found artifacts dating back to 9,000 years before the bible or if Adam and Eve were Homo Sapiens or Neandethal. We are alive because our creator chose to use HIS light in a very positive way.

Are Miracles Real? Very real. As many of you will recall, I once recounted a story of when I first arrived in Indianapolis, I tried countless times to call Shirley, however she had an unlisted number. Finally, I called my ex wife (wife at that time) During our conversation she asked if she heard traffic in the background. I told her that she did. She recounted by saying that I would do the world a big favor by stepping out into it. I wasn't able to find work, I was living in a homeless shelter and I felt pretty much useless. I walked to the curb, tears in my eyes, and I know that I stepped off the curb into traffic. The next thing that I recalled was talking on the phone with Shirley. When I asked how long we had been talking and what had I told her she said that we had been talking for fifteen minutes and I told her everything. She asked if I had been praying to GOD and I told her that HE did not have time for me. She told me that HE did and also that HE had a job waiting for me. Shortly thereafter I had a job.
Although our creator is energy and Light, HE is also Loving and caring and above all else, REAL.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~

Hello Mike,

At this point, I have found that any of your posts in the forums that I frequent here is a delight to read. However, this one goes beyond anything I have read from you before. I would not change it for any heavy treatise on philosophy nor even for any of the old Greeks' writings on metaphysics. And not because these writings are boring, which they are, but because in just a few lines you have conveyed more wisdom than all of them either taken individually or as a whole. Also, the subject is of such a high nature that I cannot think of anything greater to be dealt with in a post: God.

So I will not comment on it anymore than I have said above; somehow I feel it would not be correct. I will only thank God one more time for having brought me to a place, this community, where things of this highest nature can be discussed in a forum with people like you, Cheryl, Myrna and, of course, Roger. It reminds me of a statement I read once at the beginning of a great Hindu scripture, actually its opening verses: "Now is the time for us to talk about the Supreme Absolute Truth", meaning anytime and, perhaps, any place is good for it.

Hugs and Blessings,

Miguel

A lovely reply Luis.

Mike pretends sometimes that his views are shallow or unimportantant. he is a shrewd man who wears humanity on his sleeve and cares.

We are so lucky here that we have built such great friendships.

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/28/2011 6:11:55 PM
Hi Roger and Luis,

Mike I agree with these 2 gentlemen on your post. It was the best post I have ever heard from you. Thank you. I like it when you are so serious, it is very becoming.

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/28/2011 7:03:32 PM
Quote:
Hi Roger and Luis,

Mike I agree with these 2 gentlemen on your post. It was the best post I have ever heard from you. Thank you. I like it when you are so serious, it is very becoming.

Hugs,
Myrna

Myrna,

Anyone who can bring angel dust here is more than welcome.

Thank you. I shall bottle some.

Roger

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/28/2011 9:02:21 PM
WOW!!! I am so flaberrgasted that I think I could Poop. Ooooops!!! I think I did. Either that, or I'm wearing that cheap underarm deoderant again. I thank you all very much. Growing up, when I was learning something in school that I did not think sounded too convincing, I went to the library and found a book on the subject. Not just any book. As an example, if I wanted to learn the truth about a Native American Tribe, (Back then it was just Indian), I would find a book written by a Native American. As an example, The White man's version (Paleface), of scalping was the savage practice of the Native Americans on the white settlers. However, the truth of this practice was that the white settlers were paid a bounty for each Native American scalp that they turned in at the Trader Store. The highest bounty was paid for female scalps because it meant one less female Native American that coul bear a child. The key to this whole subject is, "Native American." They were here first. This was their land and we stole every bit of it leaving them small parcels of land with rock and dirt, land that was unfit to live on. This was after they taught us how to grow crops to survive. The Irish taught them how to grow potatoes because evidently that was all they knew how to grow. Before you say anything, I am half Irish begory. Basically, if something does not sound quite right to you, search out the answer in the proper location. Knowledge is not memorizing everything that you hear, but rather questioning the source of that knowledge. Seek out the true variations of a particular subject by first looking to see who the author of the particular book is. If you want to learn about Baptism and Confirmation it may not be a prudent idea to buy a book on the subject if the Authors last name is Goldberg.
GOD BLESS YOU
~Mike~
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!