Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
1/19/2017 11:09:00 AM

Colorado Teen Dies in Frantic Stampede as Concertgoers Flee Mexico Nightclub Shooting: Reports

Char Adams
People

Colorado Teen Dies in Frantic Stampede as Concertgoers Flee Mexico Nightclub Shooting: Reports

A Colorado woman is among five people killed in on Monday at a Mexico nightclub when a gun-wielding man attempted to enter the popular hot spot packed with American tourists, according to multiple reports.

Alejandra Villanueva Ibarra of Denver died as she attempted to flee the Blue Parrot nightclub early Monday morning in the Mexican resort town of Playa Del Carmen, according to the Denver Post.

The 18-year-old was among dozens at the club for the 10-day BPM music festival when a man with a gun was stopped at the door by security personnel at around 2:30 a.m., thePost reports. The gunman exchanged fire with another person and the club’s guards came under fire as well, according to the Post.

The gunfire sent concertgoers running from the club and Ibarra was trampled in the stampede as they fled the chaotic scene, according to ABC News.

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Ibarra’s brother, Robert Aaron Martinez, spoke through tears as he remembered his sister in an interview with ABC.

“She was a hard worker. She was always looking out for my mom and my little brothers,” Martinez said. “She was working and going to college and pretty much the only one helping my mom.”

He started a GoFundMe page in the wake of his sister’s death, writing that Ibarra cared for her younger siblings as her mother suffered health issues.

Video of the frantic scene posted online showed dozens of people running from the club. And a New Zealand tourist, Tyler Klee, told the Post that he feared for his life.

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

“Everyone ran, everyone was terrified, looking for their friends,” Klee said. “We were running away and then you hear more shots fired, like you don’t know if you’re going to be shot in the back or not.”

Officials investigating the incident said they believe the shooting was not a terrorist act, but was likely related to the drug trade, ABC reports.

At least three people have been detained as a result of the shooting, but their involvement has not been made public, according to El Mundo.

At least 15 people were injured in the shooting. Eight of them have been discharged while one remained in serious condition early Tuesday, Quintana Roo Gov. Roberto Angulo said, according to El Mundo.

Officials with the U.S. Embassy in Mexico did not immediately respond to a request for comment from PEOPLE.

(Yahoo News)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2017 1:56:48 PM

'Shocking': North Dakota Republicans Want to Legalize Running Over Protesters

Bill introduced last week would protect any driver who 'unintentionally causes injury or death to an individual obstructing vehicular traffic'

by

"It's shocking to see legislation that allows for people to literally be killed for exercising their right to protest in a public space," said Indigenous water protector and attorney Tara Houska. (Photo: Morton County)

Running over protesters may soon be legal in North Dakota, if conservative lawmakers are successful in advancing legislation introduced last week.

House Bill Number 1203 (pdf) states that, "Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a driver of a motor vehicle who unintentionally causes injury or death to an individual obstructing vehicular traffic on a public road, street, or highway, is not guilty of an offense."

The bill is slated to be heard by the North Dakota's House Transportation Committee on Friday.

Rep. Keith Kempenich (R-Bowman), one of the bill's co-sponsors, told the Bismarck Tribuneon Wednesday, "[The roads are] not there for the protesters. They're intentionally putting themselves in danger."

"It's shifting the burden of proof from the motor vehicle driver to the pedestrian," Kempenich said.

Tara Houska, an Indigenous water protector and attorney who has resided at the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) resistance camps since August, told NBC News that the bill was "a direct violation of our First Amendment rights."

"It's shocking to see legislation that allows for people to literally be killed for exercising their right to protest in a public space," said Houska, who also serves as the national campaigns director for Honor the Earth, an Indigenous-focused environmental nonprofit.

Water protectors at times blocked roads leading to DAPL construction sites as part of the resistance to the pipeline. Blocking traffic is also an occasional tactic of variousenvironmental and human rights movements.

Houska also criticized another bill in the legislative lineup that would require North Dakota's attorney general to sue the federal government to recoup some of the cost of policing the months-long DAPL protests.

"These [bills] are meant to criminalize the protests with no real concern for constitutional law," she said.

Standing Rock Sioux Chairman Dave Archambault II added, "The state claims they want to work closely with the tribe on repairing our relationship with them. Clearly that is not happening when legislation that impacts us is being drafted without consultation, consent, or even basic communication."

Allison Renville, an activist from the Lakota nation, saw the bills as an insult to sovereign Native American communities, and expressed concern about the recent naming of Republican Sen. John Hoeven, a supporter of the DAPL pipeline and fossil fuel industry, as chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Indian Affairs.

"This is a really scary time for Indian Country," Renville told NBC News. "To have such an avid supporter of the oil industry who has consistently stated his support for extractive industry projects on Native lands named to the position as chairman is akin to stepping on our sovereignty."

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License

(
commondreams.org)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2017 2:12:43 PM

CIA Releases Over 13 Million Pages of Declassified Documents

SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY
Image captionThe documents include records of UFO sightings

Times are really getting interesting. In the latest eye-opening event, the CIA has released online over 13 million pages of declassified documents. Some of the documents discuss Nazi war crimes, the Cuban missile crisis, UFO sightings and psychic experiments from the famous “Stargate Project.”

This all came about because of public pressure to release the information, which was spearheaded by MuckRock, a non-profit freedom of information group. The group filed a lawsuit against the CIA and the process took over two years to complete, but has now been successful.

The papers show extensive information on Henry Kissinger, Gerald Ford and Richard Nixon, as well as hundreds of thousands of pages on intelligence analysis and science research and development.

One incredibly interesting aspect of the documents were that of the Stargate Project, which has been famous for testing psychic abilities and extrasensory perception.

In 1973, Uri Geller, a famous and established psychic, was able to partially replicate drawings of another person who was in a separate room. Some drawings varied in accuracy, but some were precise; similar to the ones below. The researchers wrote that Geller “demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing and unambiguous manner.”

gellerOne set of documents details results of psychic tests on Uri Geller, where he attempted to copy drawings made by researchers from within a sealed room

While a lot of the material has been publicly available since the mid 1990s, it has been incredibly difficult for most of the population to access it, as it has only been available on four computers located at the back of a library at the National Archives in Maryland, between 9 am and 4:30 pm.

However, now that they just became available online, UFO researchers and enthusiasts will now be able to dig through these documents and put forth their findings.

The past year has brought many more steps in the UFO/ET disclosure process, which just a couple weeks ago saw the Chilean Navy release video footage of a UFO, which they also officially and publicly announced it as.

Also, Wikileaks revelations from the Podesta Files showed very interesting emails sent to John Podesta from former NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell. In the emails, Mitchell discussed formal and official disclosure of extraterrestrial presence, free energy technology and the Vatican’s knowledge of these topics. He also discussed how certain ET races want to help us establish peace on this world and have very advanced technology to offer us. You can check out Dr. Mitchell’s words in the emails here.

More emails also showed how former Blink 182 musician Tom Delonge was also sending emails to John Podesta about UFO and ET disclosure.

Two-time New York Times bestselling author David Wilcock, who is one of the foremost lecturers and researchers on the UFO disclosure movement, recently put out a massive two part update and included many more examples of how the disclosure process continues to move forward. His books and articles are highly recommended.

While the 13 million page release by the CIA isn’t surprising to many who are aware of the reality of UFOs/ETs, it is nonetheless a big movement forward, especially for those who might be skeptical. It is yet again another move that shows how these things can’t and won’t be kept quiet for too much longer. There is too much public awareness about it, which by the way, is spreading more each day thanks to the internet, and there is already significant awareness of the topic within the intelligence community. Once the dam breaks open, it will be impossible to close, as many whistle-blowers will come forth telling the world what they know.

If you have friends who are interested in this topic, or have friends who are on the fence about it, please tag them in this post or share the article with them. The more forward momentum we can create with awareness, the better it is for all.

The documents will surely provide hours of inquiry for historians, war buffs, UFO enthusiasts and others. The archives cover events from the 1940s the 1990s. It can be accessed as the following link.

Lance Schuttler graduated from the University of Iowa with a degree in Health Science-Health Coaching and offers health coaching services through his website Orgonlight Health. You can follow the Orgonlight Health Facebook page or visit the website for more information on how to receive health coaching for yourself, your friend or family member as well as view other inspiring articles.

(themindunleashed.com)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2017 2:44:03 PM

Pakistani mom promised her daughter a wedding reception. Instead, she burned her alive.

Zeenat Rafiq had been married to her husband for just one week when her mother showed up at the couple’s home in June offering to throw them a wedding celebration.

It must have been strange for the 18-year-old Pakistani woman. Her mother, Perveen Bibi, had never approved of her relationship with Hassan Khan, a classmate. Nor had other members of the family, who had rejected multiple marriage proposals from her husband before the couple eloped.

But now, all was forgiven, her mother told her. Come home to celebrate so you’re not branded as an eloper.

Rafiq nervously agreed.

But there was no celebration on her return to the family’s home in Lahore, Pakistan. Instead, her mother and brother beat and strangled her, then tied her to a cot, doused her in kerosene and lit her on fire, according to reports at the time.

After the attack, Bibi ran outside and yelled, “I have killed my daughter for misbehaving and giving our family a bad name,” the mother’s sister told Agence France-Presse at the time.

Authorities arrested the mother and later Rafiq’s brother, Anees Rafiq, and charged them in the young woman’s death. The mother confessed almost immediately, telling police, “I have no regrets,” according to the Associated Press.

On Monday, Bibi was sentenced to death and Anees Rafiq to life in prison for killing Zeenat Rafiq, the AP reported. A defense attorney for Rafiq told the AP his client was innocent.

Such “honor killings” are commonplace in Pakistan, where roughly 1,000 women are slain every year by relatives, most of them men, who believe they have disgraced their families. In 2015, about 1,100 women died in honor killings, while another 900 suffered sexual violence and 800 attempted suicide or took their own lives, the country’s independent Human Rights Commission said in its 2015 report.

Rafiq’s death came after a series of attacks on women triggered outrage in Pakistan, which is struggling to reconcile traditional attitudes about women and marriage with growing calls for reform. A week after her mother’s arrest, a group of Pakistani clerics issued a fatwa, a ruling under Islamic law, calling honor killings “unethical and unjustifiable” and urging the government to draft new legislation to punish perpetrators.

The July 2016 honor killing of Pakistani model Qandeel Baloch by her brother received international attention. After Baloch's death, Pakistan's ruling party said it would plan to pass long-delayed legislation against "honor killings," according to the daughter of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. (Reuters)

In October, Pakistan’s parliament passed a landmark law guaranteeing 25-year prison sentences for men convicted in honor killings and barring families from legally pardoning killers. Previous law allowed a victim’s family to absolve killers of guilt, making prosecutions difficult or impossible in many cases.

Hassan Khan, Rafiq’s husband, described his wife as his high school sweetheart in an interview with Newsweek Pakistan.

“We were just friends in the beginning,” he said, “but both of us realized we loved each other after some time.”

Eventually, the two decided to get married. Khan said he urged Rafiq to discuss their engagement with her family. When she did, he said, they beat her “mercilessly.”

“Her family found it a matter of great dishonor,” he said.

The couple tried on other occasions to get the family’s permission to marry, Khan told Newsweek, but they were rejected. So in the summer of 2016, they eloped.

For the first two days, Khan said, they hid at a cousin’s house, fearing retribution from Rafiq’s relatives. Then they went to Khan’s mother’s house.

A few days later, Khan said, Rafiq’s mother and an uncle arrived with something of an olive branch: if you let Rafiq return home, they said, we’ll arrange a formal wedding reception.

It took some coaxing, but a male relative guaranteed Rafiq’s safety, Khan told Newsweek. But even after Rafiq agreed to go, she knew she was taking a risk, he said.

“Please forgive me if I don’t come back,” Khan recalled his wife saying.

It was the last time he saw her alive.

Rafiq had been home just a couple days when her mother and brother burned her. Neighbors heard screams and saw smoke rising from the house, but family members prevented them from coming inside, the AP reported.

Khan said he learned about her death through one of her cousins, who called and said, “They have killed her.”

“I couldn’t believe my ears,” Khan told Newsweek. “I rushed to their house and saw the burned remains of a body — it was so badly disfigured I couldn’t even tell if it was a person.”

Before Rafiq’s mother and brother were sentenced, Khan vowed to seek justice for his wife. He told Newsweek he refused to let her killing cloud his memory of her.

“She was full of joy,” he said, “and had such a beautiful smile.”

(The Washington Post)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2017 3:03:20 PM

‘Monster Mom’ Sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for Killing Her 11-Year-Old Daughter

chrisharristimeinc
People

‘Monster Mom’ Sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for Killing Her 11-Year-Old Daughter

On Tuesday, an Illinois judge dubbed a 35-year-old woman a “monster mom” before sentencing her to 43 years in prison for the 2014 murder of her 11-year-old daughter, PEOPLE confirms.

Addressing the courtroom, 19th Circuit Court Judge James Booras questioned how anyone could treat their child the way Nicholette Lawrence did.

“Who would lock a child up in a closet furnished only with a sink and feed the child only a bowl of cereal a day?” Booras asked aloud, according to a court transcript obtained by PEOPLE.

As Booras spoke, he noted that such crimes are usually committed against children by “a stranger or an evil individual” — not their parent.

Lawrence pleaded guilty to murder in October. Had she been convicted, she could have received a life sentence.

Raashanai Coley, 11, died on Sept. 5, 2014 — just two days after Lawrence allegedly punched the 67-pound girl in the stomach. Medical examiners determined that the powerful blow resulted in an infection that ultimately killed the young girl.

An autopsy on Raashanai additionally revealed the girl had endured physical abuse long before her death. Court records show her body bore scars, indicating she had sustained — and then healed from — substantial injuries caused by the beatings.

“It’s why I refer to her as a ‘monster mom,’ ” the transcript quotes Booras as saying of Lawrence. “I saw photos of the autopsy. The state made reference she came from a prison camp. No. It looked like she came out of concentration prison camp. How can humans do this? Animals don’t do this to their own.”

In sentencing Lawrence, Booras ruled she would be ineligible for early release, ensuring she will remain incarcerated until she’s at least 76.

A court spokesperson confirms Lawrence barely reacted upon learning her fate Tuesday, showing no emotion as her sentence was delivered.

PEOPLE was unable to reach her defense team for comment on whether she plans to appeal.

Booras told the court he suspects the girl’s death was planned and that Lawrence abused the child in front of Raashanai’s stepfather. Officials say the stepfather will not face any criminal charges connected to the girl’s murder.

During sentencing hearings last week, prosecutors showed video footage of Lawrence screaming at her daughter before loudly beating her. The person recording the footage can be heard snickering as the violence unfolds.

“The defendant and others … treated this child as an animal,” Booras told the court. “We saw the video of this child being beaten by her mother with a belt, and to someone’s amusement. Someone was videotaping it. People are strange.”

During her sentencing hearing, Lawrence read from a prepared statement and apologized for the way she had treated her daughter.

“I just want to say to you and everyone that I am truly sorry for what has happened,” Lawrence said. “There is not a second of the day I am not tormented by pictures in my mind. I rarely sleep. But it’s not about me. I hope someday to help others so they don’t have to be filled with the sadness and grief of causing something so horrible to their own child.”

In interviews conducted in 2014, Raashanai’s half-brother — who was 6 when she died — told investigators his parents told him his sister was “bad.”

He said she lived in a small, locked closet in his parents’ bedroom. The room contained only a sink and a window that had been covered up, letting no light in.

The boy also said that Raashanai rarely received food, never eating with the rest of her family. He said that his mother beat her with her hands or a belt and that relatives would occasionally use a stick to discipline Raashanai.

(Yahoo News)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!