Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
3/30/2015 6:01:23 PM

Ex-Intelligence Chief: U.S. Displaying 'Willful Ignorance' Regarding Middle East

March 30, 2015 - 5:31 AM

Lt. Gen, Michael Flynn, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency

Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, then-director of the Defense Intelligence Agency (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

(CNSNews.com) - Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency under President Obama, says there is "incredible policy confusion" in Washington regarding the Middle East, where the United States sides with Saudi Arabia and Sunni Muslims in some cases, but then sides with Iran and the Shi'ites in other cases -- all while trying to strike a nuclear deal with Iran, a country he said can't be trusted.

"So, let me just start by saying as an intelligence officer, intelligence has to be part of the calculus of every strategic level of decision. And, right now, I don't -- my sense of where the policy is at is sort of, and I hate to say it like this, but it's almost a policy of willful ignorance," Flynn told "Fox News Sunday."

"And to me, we have some major problems that we are dealing with, and here we are talking to Iran about a nuclear deal with this almost complete breakdown of order in the Middle East."

Later in the interview, Flynn said U.S. policy in the Middle East is not only confusing the American people, but "it's probably confusing to many in government."

"It is a state of confusion," he repeated. "And like I said, I can't say it any stronger: I almost feel like our policy is a policy of willful ignorance rather than facing the reality that we actually have right now."

Flynn noted that the old order has completely broken down in the Middle East, and "a new Middle East is essentially struggling to be born."

First, Iran is "clearly on the march," advancing its interests in Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen and elsewhere in the Middle East.

He also mentioned the takeover of Islam by radical extremists, both Shi'ite and Sunni: "We have to acknowledge that they do not like our way of life. In fact, they have stated that they want to see the destruction of our way of life."

"And I think that at the end of the day, we have just this incredible policy confusion, never mind what our strategy is to execute that policy."

Host Chris Wallace asked Flynn how close we are to seeing a "sectarian regional war in the Middle East."

"We're not close, we're there," Flynn responded. "I mean, this is what's going on." He said the United States has to "face reality" and not expect its policies to be carried out just because we "say something."

Flynn made it clear that he doesn't trust Iran, and he opposes a nuclear deal.

"One of the things that we have to keep in mind on Iran is, Iran is also a country with ballistic missiles, cyber capabilities. They are also still a state-sponsor of terrorism. And here we are dealing with them as though we're going to give them a carte blanche," he said.

"I will tell you that we have to make sure that we step back and understand the full breadth and scale and scope of what's happening in the Middle East before we cut a deal with Iran. I think it's dangerous...I think it's very dangerous."

Flynn said he doubts the U.S. will have "as much information as we're going to need to be able to verify" any nuclear deal with Iran. "We have not had a lot of luck in that in the last 30 years, if not in the last couple of years.

"And I -- so, I don't trust Iran. And I have seen a lot -- what I know, Chris, about what I've seen over certainly the last 10 years, if not the last 30, they are not a nation to be trusted."

Asked what he would tell President Obama if he were still head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, Flynn responded, "I would say stop all engines on this nuclear deal. Take a step back. Really take a deep dive look at everything going on in the Middle East. It's not just the Middle East. It's all of North Africa. It's parts of West Africa. It's Central Asia.

"Chris, this is a growing threat. It has clear consequences on our national security. We -- if it's not existential today, we should not wait for it to be existential. In my belief, my experience, my judgment, we have to stop what we're doing and take a hard look at everything going on in the Middle East right now, because it's not going in the right direction."

President Obama nominated Flynn to serve as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in April 2012. He served in that position for two years, from July 2012 until August 2014.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2015 6:15:35 PM

Kevin Barrett VT 3-29-15… “US-Israel “alliance” imploding?”

veterans_today_banner_NEW_96veterans_today_kevin_barrett_banner_23Well, this is connected to the prior post (from the Washington Examiner).

“On Monday, White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough threw down the gauntlet: “An occupation that has lasted for almost 50 years must end.”… McDonough added that Netanyahu’s obstructionism was “so very troubling.”

“…Obama himself blamed Netanyahu for the “very dim” prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace. Though the US president also added that “our military and intelligence cooperation with Israel will continue,” the fact that he felt it necessary to say so, spoke volumes—raising the possibility that the relationship some day might NOT continue.

“In the immediate aftermath of the Zionist coup d’état of September 11th, 2001, the US military and intelligence high commands were purged of “aware” individuals loyal to the Constitution of the United States. But since then – and especially since the election of President Obama – loyalists have been creeping back into high positions, while Zionist traitors are on the defensive.

“The recent firing of Captain Heather E. Cole, former commander of Strategic Communication Wing 1 at Oklahoma’s Tinker Air Force Base, is just the latest incident in an apparent ongoing purge of unreliable links in the nuclear command chain… Veterans Today sources report that the firing of Captain Cole may have been part of an attempt to deprive Netanyahu of his “Samson Option”–his ability to threaten the world with nuclear apocalypse.

“The behind-the-scenes war between loyalist elements of the US military and intelligence communities and Zionist infiltrators is the elephant in the living room that no mainstream media outlet will cover. This covert power struggle, in which President Obama is said to lean lightly toward the side of the loyalists, could be Israel’s undoing.”

—————————————————-

US-Israel “alliance” imploding?

Will this week go down in history as the beginning of the end of Israel?

As Obama leaks documents outing Israel’s nukes, Barack-vs.-Bibi fireworks are going off in advance of a likely deal with Iran this week, MondoWeiss reports.

By Kevin Barrett, Veterans Today Editor, for Press TV

Is this the week that the US-Israeli relationship began to implode?

On Monday, White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough threw down the gauntlet: “An occupation that has lasted for almost 50 years must end.” The statement was a pointed rebuke to Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu, who won re-election last week running on a no-Palestinian-state platform. McDonough added that Netanyahu’s obstructionism was “so very troubling.”
Read more at VT…

Also on Monday, the Wall Street Journal revealed that Israeli spies eavesdropped on US-Iran negotiations. The Israelis shared classified information with Zionist assets in the US Congress in an effort to destroy progress toward a US-Iran agreement. The representatives who collaborated with Israeli spies appear to be guilty of conspiracy to commit espionage. They are certainly guilty of bribe-taking (since they are all on the Israeli payroll by way of “campaign contributions” as well as illegal, unreported favors.) And in working to undermine their own government at the behest of a foreign power’s intelligence service, they are arguably guilty of treason as well.

On Tuesday, an Israeli official said “it’s no secret” that President Obama tried to unseat Netanyahu by influencing the Israeli election. (It’s also no secret that Netanyahu tried to get rid of Obama in 2012 by having Likud assets, including billionaire Las Vegas godfather Sheldon Adelson, funnel more than one hundred million dollars into the coffers of Obama’s opponent, Mitt Romney.)

Also Tuesday, Obama himself blamed Netanyahu for the “very dim” prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace. Though the US president also added that “our military and intelligence cooperation with Israel will continue,” the fact that he felt it necessary to say so, spoke volumes—raising the possibility that the relationship some day might NOT continue.

But could any US president really decide to end American subservience to Israel? Given the power of the Zionist lobby (which owns the US media, Congress, and much of the financial and organized crime sectors) many observers say a break with Israel would be politically impossible.

But if, as Mao said, political power grows out of the barrel of a gun, the Zionists may be in trouble. There is one powerful institution in America that the Zionists do not fully dominate: the US military. And many of the men and women who have been fighting and dying in the post-9/11 wars-for-Israel are furious at the deceptions that launched those wars.

In the immediate aftermath of the Zionist coup d’état of September 11th, 2001, the US military and intelligence high commands were purged of “aware” individuals loyal to the Constitution of the United States. But since then – and especially since the election of President Obama – loyalists have been creeping back into high positions, while Zionist traitors are on the defensive.

The recent firing of Captain Heather E. Cole, former commander of Strategic Communication Wing 1 at Oklahoma’s Tinker Air Force Base, is just the latest incident in an apparent ongoing purge of unreliable links in the nuclear command chain. Beginning with the “loose nukes” incident at Minot Air Force Base in 2007, which led to a rash of firings and mysterious deaths, members of a Zionist-linked parallel command chain implicated in the 9/11 attacks have been removed from sensitive nuclear-weapons-related positions.

Veterans Today sources report that the firing of Captain Cole may have been part of an attempt to deprive Netanyahu of his “Samson Option”–his ability to threaten the world with nuclear apocalypse. According to VT sources, Netanyahu was expected to lose the Israeli elections. (Based on exit polls, he may actually have lost the vote but won thanks to rigged voting machines.) Knocking out one more link from the Zionist parallel command chain infesting the US military weakened Netanyahu’s Samson Option position, and sent a message that no nuclear nonsense would be tolerated from the Likudniks and their US assets in the event Netanyahu was overthrown.

The behind-the-scenes war between loyalist elements of the US military and intelligence communities and Zionist infiltrators is the elephant in the living room that no mainstream media outlet will cover. This covert power struggle, in which President Obama is said to lean lightly toward the side of the loyalists, could be Israel’s undoing.

The bottom line is that the US and Israel have very different geopolitical interests. The US would profit from rebuilding its industrial base through modest protectionism, while using its military edge to promote peace and stability as the world gradually turns multipolar. Israeli expansionists (and the international banksters behind them) profit from global and regional destabilization, wars (especially against Israel’s Islamic enemies), and the establishment of a neoliberal New World Order built on the smoking ruins of traditional societies.

Netanyahu’s minions have worked hard to convince American leaders that Israel and America have the same interests. The infamous Wolfowitz Doctrine, drafted in the wake of Persian Gulf War 1, held that the US should destabilize and hobble other countries to ensure they can never rival the US in wealth and power. But Wolfowitz is a Zionist agent, and his doctrine was designed to promote a hard-line American imperial agenda that would be “good for Israel” but bad for America. America’s war on the world, which accelerated when the Wolfowitz doctrine became official US policy after 9/11, is above all a war on Israel’s enemies. To a lesser extent, it is a war to maintain the American imperial autocracy that makes Greater Israel possible.

But the Zionists are not really interested in any “New American Century.” Netanyahu’s real feelings about America were revealed in a secretly tape-recorded conversation in Fink’s Bar in Jerusalem al-Quds in 1990:

“If we get caught they will just replace us with persons of the same cloth. So it doesn’t matter what you do, America is a Golden Calf and we will suck it dry, chop it up, and sell it off piece by piece until there is nothing left but the world’s biggest welfare state that we will create and control. Why? Because it’s God’s will and America is big enough to take the hit so we can do it again, again and again. This is what we do to countries that we hate. We destroy them very slowly and make them suffer for refusing to be our slaves.”

Netanyahu’s arrogance will prove to be his – and the Zionists’ – undoing.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2015 10:58:21 PM
Another mysterious incident

NSA shooting: 1 dead after 2 men dressed as women tried to crash gate outside Fort Meade

'We do not believe it is related to terrorism,' FBI says

Yahoo News

An aerial view of a shooting scene at the National Security Agency at Fort Meade in Maryland is pictured in this still image take from video, March 30, 2015. The incident left one person dead and another injured, CNN reported, citing Anne Arundel County Police. (REUTERS/Courtesy of NBC4Washington)

One person was killed in gunfire that erupted outside National Security Agency headquarters at Fort Meade, Md., Monday after a car carrying two men dressed as women tried to crash through a checkpoint at the base, officials say.

One of the men in the car was killed when armed security guard at the gate opened fire, a senior U.S. official told The Associated Press. ABC News reported that the other was “severely injured” and “probably won’t survive.”

An NSA official told the AP that their vehicle smashed into a police car, and that police opened fire when it refused to stop. An NSA police officer was injured in the encounter, the official said.

According to WTOP.com, one person was transported to a Baltimore trauma center.

The identities of the men involved in the shooting were not immediately released.

Aerial images from news helicopters on the scene appear to show two damaged SUVs outside the gate and a white sheet covering a body next to one of them. The footage also showed emergency workers treating a man in a uniform and loading him into an ambulance.

The FBI is investigating the shooting.

“The shooting scene is contained, and we do not believe it is related to terrorism,” FBI Baltimore said in a statement.

A U.S. official told NBC News that the incident appears to be a “local criminal matter.”

Fort Meade, a U.S. Army installation, is home to approximately 11,000 military personnel and about 29,000 civilian employees, according to its website.

Earlier this month, a man was arrested in connection with five shootings that occurred over several weeks in the Washington-Baltimore area, including one near the National Security Agency at Fort Meade. One of the spy agency's buildings was damaged in the alleged shooting spree.

Related video:

Man arrested in connection with Washington, Baltimore-area shooting

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2015 11:12:23 PM

Air strike kills at least 40 at Yemen camp for displaced

Reuters

A man looks on as smoke billows from military barracks in the Jabal al-Jumaima mountain following an air strike near Sanaa March 30, 2015. REUTERS/Mohamed al-Sayaghi

By Mohammad Mukhashaf and Sami Aboudi

ADEN (Reuters) - An air strike killed at least 40 people at a camp for displaced people in north Yemen on Monday, humanitarian workers said, in an attack which apparently targeted nearby Houthi fighters who are battling President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

Yemen's state news agency Saba, which is under the control of the Houthis, said the camp at Haradh was hit by Saudi planes. It said the dead included women and children, and showed the bodies of five children laid out on a blood-streaked floor.

A Saudi military spokesman said the kingdom was seeking clarification on the incident.

"It could have been that the fighter jets replied to fire, and we cannot confirm that it was a refugee camp," Brigadier General Ahmed Asseri said.

"We will ask the Yemeni official agencies to confirm that," he told reporters.

Hadi's Foreign Minister Riyadh Yassin earlier blamed Houthi artillery for the explosion.

The International Organisation for Migration, which initially reported 45 deaths, said 40 people were killed and 200 wounded - dozens of them severely.

A humanitarian worker said earlier that the strike hit a truck of Houthi militiamen at the gate to the Mazraq camp, near Haradh, killing residents, guards and fighters.

The medical aid organization Medecins Sans Frontieres said at least 34 wounded people were brought to a hospital in Haradh which it supports. Another 29 were dead on arrival.

"People in Al Mazraq camp have been living in very harsh conditions ... and now they have suffered the consequences of an air strike on the camp," said Pablo Marco, MSF operational manager for Yemen.

Mazraq, in the province of Hajja next to the Saudi border, is a cluster of camps that are home to thousands of Yemenis displaced by over a decade of wars between the Houthis and the Yemeni state, as well as East African migrants.

Saudi Arabia, supported by regional Sunni Muslim allies, launched an air campaign to support Hadi after he withdrew last month from the capital to Aden. He left Yemen on Thursday to attend an Arab summit and has not returned.

The fighting has brought civil war to the Arabian Peninsula's poorest country. Sunni Muslim tribesmen allied with Hadi are battling northern Zaydi Shi'ites backed by soldiers loyal to former President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who stepped down after 2011 mass protests against his 33 years in office.

Yemen was already sliding into chaos with a growing southern secessionist movement and a covert U.S. drone campaign -- now stalled -- against al Qaeda in the east.

The growing power of the Houthis, part of a Shi'ite minority that makes up about 20 percent of the country's 25 million people, also means Yemen has become the latest stage for Saudi Arabia's power struggle with Iran.

The two regional rivals support opposing sides in Syria's civil war and in neighboring Lebanon. Tehran also supports and arms Shi'ite militias in Iraq, although it denies Riyadh's accusations that it supports Yemen's Houthis militarily.

WARSHIPS FIRE ON HOUTHIS

In the capital Sanaa, controlled by the Houthis, jets struck around the presidential palace overnight and made more raids throughout the day. Most of the air strikes, launched on Thursday, have taken place so far only at night.

In the south, Houthi fighters closed in on the port city of Aden, the last major stronghold of Hadi supporters, and residents said warships believed to be Egyptian shelled a column of Houthis advancing along the coastal road.

It was the first known report of naval forces taking part in the conflict. A Reuters reporter heard heavy explosions and saw a thick column of black smoke rising from the area about 15 km northeast of Aden, apparently after air strikes.

Saudi-led war planes also shook buildings in Aden's Khor Maksar district when they fired at least one missile at the airport, where Houthi-allied fighters are based, residents said. A stray shell killed at least three people on a mini-bus in the same area, local fighters said.

A Hadi aide told the Dubai-based al-Arabiya TV that Houthi fighters also shelled the president's private residence in Khor Maksar killing a number of guards.

While Hadi's fighters ceded ground around Aden, Pakistan announced it would send troops to support the Saudi-led coalition.

"We have already pledged full support to Saudi Arabia in its operation against rebels and will join the coalition," a Pakistani official said.

In a cabinet statement, Saudi King Salman said Riyadh was open to a meeting of all Yemeni factions willing to preserve Yemen's security, under the auspices of the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council.

The Arab leaders agreed at their meeting in Egypt to form a unified military force to counter growing regional security threats such as the Yemen conflict.

But working out the logistics of the force will be a protracted process and Yemen's rugged geography, internal power struggles and recent history all present challenges to any military campaign.

Just four years after the 1990 unification of North and South Yemen, civil war erupted when southerners tried to break away, but were defeated by Saleh's northern forces.

In the 1960s, intervention by Saudi Arabia and Egypt on opposing sides of a civil war in North Yemen led to a long and damaging military stalemate.

Saudi Arabia says it is focusing for now on air strikes against the Houthis, rather than a ground campaign, promising to increase pressure on them over coming days.

On Sunday, sources said Yemeni exports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) were running as normal despite the shutdown of major seaports. But French oil firm Total said on Monday operations at its Block 10 had been reduced, with gas production maintained only for local power generation and to supply nearby areas.

Several countries have evacuated citizens from Yemen in recent days. About 500 Pakistani nationals were flown out of the Red Sea port of Hodeida on Sunday, and India said on Monday it was preparing to fly out 500 people from Sanaa.

(Additional reporting by William Maclean, Noah Browning and Rania El Gamal in Dubai, Angus McDowall in Riyadh, Stephanie Nebehay in Lausanne; Writing by Dominic Evans; Editing by Angus MacSwan and Catherine Evans)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2015 11:54:19 PM

Last minutes of ill-fated Germanwings flight

AFP

People arrive to pay tribute to the victims of a Germanwings flight that crashed in the French Alps, killing all 150 aboard, on March 28, 2015 at a memorial in le Vernet, south-eastern France, near the site of the crash (AFP Photo/Jeff Pachoud)

Berlin (AFP) - The Germanwings flight started like any other, the conversation in the cockpit normal, with co-pilot Andreas Lubitz offering no indication of the horror he would allegedly inflict.

This is how Flight 4U 9525, which investigators believe Lubitz deliberately steered into a French mountainside, unfolded according to French prosecutors and Germany's Bild newspaper.

Both accounts are based on information from the cockpit voice recorder captured by one of the black boxes discovered among debris of the Airbus A320 that crashed in the Alps Tuesday.

- Captain Patrick S. apologises to passengers for a 26-minute delay in take-off and says they will try to catch up the time during the flight from Barcelona to Duesseldorf, Sunday's Bild said.

- The plane took off at around 10am local time and for the first 20 minutes the pilots "spoke in a normal fashion, courteous, like normal pilots. There was nothing abnormal," French prosecutor Brice Robin told reporters on Thursday.

- According to excerpts published by Bild on Sunday, during the conversation the captain said he didn't have time to go to the toilet before leaving Barcelona and Lubitz offered to take over at any time.

- At 10.27 am local time (0827 GMT), the plane reaches its cruising altitude of 11,600 metres (38,000 feet) and the captain asks Lubitz to begin preparations for landing, according to Bild.

- The responses from Lubitz remained normal, but "very short... not a real dialogue," Robin said.

- According to Bild, the co-pilot is heard saying, among other things, "hopefully" and "let's see". After checks for the landing, he is heard telling the pilot he can go now. Two minutes pass and the pilot then says to Lubitz "you can take over".

- Bild and Robin said the sound of a seat being moved back is heard and a door closing. "We can assume he left to answer nature's call," Robin told reporters.

- At 10.29, the plane begins to descend, Bild noted.

- The French prosecutor believes that, once left alone, Lubitz turned a button on the flight monitoring system that began the plane's descent.

"This action can only be deliberate," Robin said. "It would be impossible to turn the button by mistake. If you passed out and leaned over on it, it would only go a quarter-way and do nothing."

- The Airbus A320 jet descended rapidly for eight minutes, according to the low-cost carrier Germanwings.

- At 10.32, air traffic controllers try to make contact with the plane but receive no reply and an automatic alarm is heard going off at almost the same time, according to Bild.

- The newspaper said that shortly afterwards there was a loud bang, like someone trying to open the door and re-enter the cockpit. The captain can be heard shouting "For God's sake, open the door", as passengers' screams begin to be heard in the background.

- Robin had indicated last week that the black box recorded increasingly frantic attempts by the pilot to break down the heavily reinforced door as per international standards, to which Lubitz made no response.

- At 10.35, Bild said "loud metallic blows" against the cockpit door can be heard, with another alarm sounding about 90 seconds later. At around 5,000 metres altitude, the pilot is heard screaming "open the damn door".

- At 10.38, Bild's account indicates the sound of Lubitz's breathing but him saying nothing. "He does not say a single word. Total silence," Robin said of the co-pilot during the descent.

- Around 10.40, the plane hits a mountain and passengers' screams are heard -- the last sounds on the recording, according to Bild.

- The plane dropped gradually from around 10-12,000 metres to 2,000 slowly enough, Robin said, that passengers would have been unaware anything was wrong.

"I think the victims were only aware at the very last moment. The screams are heard only in the last instants before the impact," said Robin.

Info from Germanwings Flight 9525's cockpit voice recorder reveals Andreas Lubitz saying "hopefully" and "let's see."
Final moments

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!