Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: ARE WE NOW IN THE END TIMES?
11/21/2014 3:41:47 PM

Giant sinkhole swallows up old mine in Russia's Urals (PHOTOS)

Published time: November 20, 2014 17:40
Edited time: November 20, 2014 20:22

Image courtesy: Uralkali press service

A sinkhole 20 by 30 meters (65 by 98 feet) in size has been found near a Uralkali mine in Russia's Perm region. While the company says the development is of no further threat, locals fear the whole nearby town could go underground.

The sinkhole was first discovered by Uralkali's Solikamsk-2 mine workers on November 18. According to local emergency services, it's located some two miles from the mine itself, in an old abandoned mine.

Old, out-of-use garden patches were affected by the accident, and there is no danger to locals, as the sinkhole is in no close proximity to any residential buildings, the company said.

There are no "catastrophic" effects of the sinkhole neither for the company, nor for the locals, Uralkali CEO Dmitry Osipov said, adding that the incident has been localised.

Before the giant hole appeared near the town of Solikamsk, the company, which is Russia's biggest potash miner, evacuated workers at the Solikamsk-2 mine, due to the inflow of saline water. Operations at the site have been halted, and the level of underground water is being monitored.

Locals fear that the hole could get bigger and swallow their houses, which are some 2 miles from the sinkhole now. Regional authorities say the sinkhole could get bigger, but would still be of no danger to people.

"The sinkhole will get slightly bigger... up to 50 by 60 meters [164 by 197 feet] - maximum," Perm Governor Gennady Tushnolobov told journalists, regional media v-kurse.ru reported. He added that the exact size of the expansion will be determined in a couple of days.

The flooded mine, Solikamsk-2, is connected to another mine, Solikamsk-1, which is causing concerns among people in the region. The underground tunnels linking the two were walled up decades ago, but water would only need time to break through, people fear.

Первое фото провала

The town of Solikamsk is located "almost entirely" above the Solikamsk-1 mine, according to the town's mayor, Sergey Devyatkov, v-kurse.ru reported. If the mine is flooded - which could happen in theory, but not in the immediate future - the whole town would have to be evacuated, according to the source.

"There is no need to talk about the first mine now. All is good there," the mayor said in an interview with Russia's KP daily, adding that the situation is monitored around the clock, and there is plenty of time for observation.

"
Various possible impacts of the brine on connections [between the two mines] are being studied now, not to let the flooding of the first mine happen. I think the final decision will be made in two weeks, but even if no action on fortification of walled-up tunnels is taken, scientists predict they could stay strong for another five to 15 years," Tushnolobov said, RBC.ru reported.

Uralkali said that Solikamsk-1 and Solikamsk-2 mines border each other, and together with leading geologists the company is monitoring all processes in both of the mines, which produce potash chloride, to be used primarily as crop nutrient.

Crater formed close to the Berezniki railway station, after an earth sink on rails adjacent to the Berezniki mine-building facilities and the First Uralkali Mine Administration in 2010. (RIA Novosti/Viktor Brandman)

Crater formed close to the Berezniki railway station, after an earth sink on rails adjacent to the Berezniki mine-building facilities and the First Uralkali Mine Administration in 2010. (RIA Novosti/Viktor Brandman)

The company's facilities in the area have previously been affected by similar incidents. Uralkali's oldest mine was shut down in 2006 due to water inflow, which also caused a sinkhole to form in the town of Berezniki, which is the second largest town in Perm region.

Another sinkhole appeared in Berezniki in 2011, when a round hole as wide as 137 meters (450 feet) formed less than a mile away from a residential area.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2014 3:53:51 PM

Report: China nuclear forces significantly expanding

Commission report faults administration for not releasing data on Chinese nuclear forces

Chinese vehicles armed with Dongfeng 31A missile / AP

Chinese vehicles armed with Dongfeng 31A missile / AP

BY:

China’s nuclear forces are expanding and details about the nation’s strategic weapons programs remain hidden by Beijing’s secrecy, according to the annual report of the congressional U.S. China Economic and Security Review Commission.

New missiles, missile submarines and multiple-warhead systems will be deployed in the coming years, the report said.

“Despite the uncertainty surrounding China’s stockpiles of nuclear missiles and nuclear warheads, it is clear China’s nuclear forces over the next three to five years will expand considerably and become more lethal and survivable with the fielding of additional road-mobile nuclear missiles; as many as five JIN SSBNs, each of which can carry 12 JL–2 submarine-launched ballistic missiles; and intercontinental ballistic missiles armed with multiple independently targetable reentry vehicles (MIRVs),” the report said.

China’s military also is expected to modernize its silo-based missile forces while hardening its nuclear storage facilities, launch sites and transportation networks against attack.

Additionally, the Chinese are also expanding the “already extensive network of underground facilities,” the report said.

China has a large underground nuclear system of tunnels for storage and production of nuclear weapons and missiles that is estimated to be 3,000 miles in length. It has been referred to as the “Great Underground Wall.”

China also is adding newer road-mobile missiles, including a DF-31B first disclosed by the Free Beacon.

“Unlike the rest of the Second Artillery’s

Intercontinental ballistic missile force, the DF–31 and DF–31A are road mobile, allowing for faster launch times and making them much more difficult for an adversary to locate and attack,” the report said.

“Furthermore, the new missiles use solid fuel instead of liquid fuel, increasing portability and service life while reducing maintenance costs.”

The DF-31A, with a range of nearly 7,000 miles, can hit most of the United States.

A new missile, the DF-41, could be deployed by next year with up to 10 multiple, independently targetable reentry vehicle warheads. Its range of nearly 8,000 miles will allow the missile to target most of the United States.

China’s sea-based nuclear forces are also expanding. China has three Jin-class missile submarines and is adding two more submarines by 2020. The submarine is equipped with the JL-2.

“The JL–2’s range of approximately 4,598 miles gives China the ability to conduct nuclear strikes against Alaska if launched from waters near

China; against Alaska and Hawaii if launched from waters south of Japan; against Alaska, Hawaii, and the western portion of the continental United States if launched from waters west of Hawaii; and against all 50 U.S. states if launched from waters east of Hawaii,” the report said.

The report noted the official Chinese newspaper Global Times reported in November 2013 that Chinese submarine-launched missile attacks against the western United States would kill 5 million to 12 million people through blast effects and subsequent radiation.

The report faulted the Pentagon for not releasing information on China’s nuclear forces since 2006, noting last year that China’s nuclear arsenal consists of between 50 and 75 long-range missiles.

“Estimates of China’s nuclear forces and nuclear capabilities by nongovernmental experts and foreign governments tend to be higher” than U.S. estimates, the report said.

China also has not disclosed data on its nuclear forces as part of a policy of creating “strategic ambiguity,” the report said.

“China’s official pronouncements about its nuclear policies and strategies are short, rare, and vague,” the report said.

The report also questioned China’s announced policy of not being the first to use nuclear weapons in a conflict. Chinese officials and writings have suggested that the Chinese could in some circumstances carry out a surprise nuclear attacks without being attacked first.

PLA writings have suggested that China might considered an enemy nuclear attack to have occurred if a nuclear strike is imminent or if China assesses that an enemy is threatening the destruction of its nuclear forces with conventional arms.

“For planning purposes, Chinese strategists consider the United States as the principal threat,” the report said. “High-confidence assessments of the numbers of Chinese nuclear capable ballistic missiles and nuclear warheads are not possible due to China’s lack of transparency about its nuclear program.”

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2014 4:09:31 PM

ICE readies 2,400 beds for new spring surge of illegal immigrants through Texas

BY |

Rick Perry: Texas May Sue Obama Over Inmigration - Inform

The Obama administration is bracing for another surge of illegal immigrants next spring, bringing online a family detention center that will have 2,400 beds.

“We must be prepared for traditional, seasonal increases in illegal migration. The Dilley facility will provide invaluable surge capacity should apprehensions of adults with children once again surge this spring,” said Acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Thomas S. Winkowski.

In advance of the president’s new pro-immigrant announcement set for Thursday night, ICE is readying its strategy for next year when over 100,000 illegals are expected to flood over the U.S.-Mexico border.

The agency said in a statement that it hopes illegal immigrants look at what they are doing in building holding facilities like the 2,400 bed center in Dilley, Texas, and will decide the trip isn’t worth it.

“These facilities help ensure timely and effective removals that comply with our legal and international obligations, while deterring others from taking the dangerous journey and illegally crossing into the United States,” he said.

But the construction of the facilities has not slowed the waves this year.

When Dilley opens in December, it will have 480 beds, but “ultimately” will hold 2,400, said ICE. It will be among the nation's largest. The town's motto is, "A slice of the good life."

Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted atpbedard@washingtonexaminer.com.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2014 10:46:32 PM

Gunman shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University

Reuters

Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo (C) speaks during a news conference with Mayor John Marks (L to R), Florida State University (FSU) president John Thrasher and campus police Chief David Perry at FSU campus in Tallahassee, November 20, 2014. REUTERS/Bill Cotterell

By Bill Cotterell

TALLAHASSEE Fla. (Reuters) - Brandishing a semi-automatic handgun and carrying extra ammunition in his pockets, a Florida State University graduate opened fire early on Thursday at the school's main library, wounding two students and an employee as hundreds were studying for exams.

The shooter, identified by authorities as Myron May, 31, was fatally shot by police near the entrance to Florida State's Strozier Library, the latest in a string of shootings on U.S. campuses. One victim was critically wounded.

Authorities said they found journals and videos produced by May in which he expressed fears that government agencies were targeting him.

"Mr. May was in a state of crisis," Michael DeLeo, the police chief in Tallahassee, told a news conference.

A 2005 Florida State graduate, May received his law degree from Texas Tech University in 2009 and had moved back to Florida about three weeks ago, DeLeo said.

He recently quit his job and broke up with his girlfriend, according to police reports in Las Cruces, New Mexico, where he was living. He told authorities he was hearing voices and thought he was being watched.

Florida police said they did not know why he chose this day to open fire. The initial call about a gunman came at 12:25 a.m. local time, police said. By 12:27 a.m., May had been shot down outside the library.

Thirty rounds were fired during the incident, including shots by law officers and by May, who used a .380 caliber handgun, authorities said.

Authorities did not identify the man who was critically wounded or another man treated at the scene for a graze wound. A third victim, Nathan Scott, was in good condition after being shot in the leg and recovering at Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare hospital, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Atlanta's WSB-TV said eight of May's friends were expecting packages to arrive from him on Friday. They have been told to call police when the parcels arrive, the ABC affiliate reported.

Campus security was raised and classes were canceled on Thursday. University President John Thrasher said normal operations would resume on Friday at the campus of about 40,000 students.

The shooting came amid heightened concerns about safety at U.S. schools and a long-running debate about gun control.

"Another campus shooting. Yet we still haven't started even a dialogue on keeping guns from criminals and the mentally ill," Democratic U.S. Senator Bill Nelson of Florida said on his Twitter page.

(Writing by Letitia Stein in Tampa, Florida and Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Editing by Will Dunham and Eric Walsh)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2014 11:00:05 PM
Dear friends, yet another article by James Gilliland here (as posted by Kauilapele).

James Gilliland 11-20-14… “Mexico, Sign of the Times”

james_gilliland_from_bbs_4Mexico, Sign of the Times

Today is Revolution Day in Mexico. Just recently according to the press and the locals 43 students were killed on the way to a protest. There were six others including the bus driver with a total of 49. They were on their way to protest a party and speech by the governor’s wife who decided to have them what seems to be permanently removed. She tried to escape the country but was apprehended. Today people are coming out all over Mexico in demonstrations. Mexico City may have as many as a million people which in a grand understatement are not happy campers. This could turn into an Arab spring in Mexico. It seems events like these are transpiring all over the world. People are finished with the corruption and tyranny. It is part of the awakening and healing process. Iceland lead the way as a solution to the problem which always boils down to the banksters, installed puppets and behind the scenes manipulation having nothing to do with the will of the people.

I believe Revolution Day will come to America after it has its own Arab spring. It will take a trigger point like in Mexico that will generate a mass uprising. The door is always open to peaceful solutions, many of which are already in place and well underway. You will not hear about them in the mainstream corporate owned media. It will come through alternative media. Statistics have proven people have lost faith in the main stream media and are fast awakening to the propaganda machine it has become. The transformation cannot come without a transformation in consciousness and the will of the people demonstrated in mass.

We are fast approaching critical mass, what some call the hundred monkey effect. Resistance is futile. We either flow with and align ourselves with the new energies which are exponentially rising or take the downward spiral. Everything is being accelerated. Action/Reaction, karma as well as the positive attitudes, emotions, and deeds. It is time to choose wisdom over cleverness. You cannot outsmart your soul and spirit. Right thought and right action will be necessary in the days to come. Universal Law is coming to humanity and the Earth. We cannot hide from our selves, our karma or outwit the Source.

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!