Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Take the UFO Poll
7/25/2010 5:33:32 AM

Have you ever seen an Unidentified Flying Object?
Any object that is not identifiable in our skies is classified as an UFO by the U.S. Military ~ Have You Seen UFOs?
Yes, it was unidentifiable - (1)
I saw a UFO that I'm certain was not from our home planet - (2)
No, I have never seen a UFO - (1)
There is no such thing as other worldly UFOs - (0)
I believe in UFOs - (1)
What? You've got to be kidding! - (1)
Seeing is believing. Join the club! - (0)
This poll has expired.
Total Votes: 6

Please login to vote.
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Take the UFO Poll
8/12/2010 8:48:08 PM
Take this Poll about unidentified flying objects!
thanks and have a wonderful day!
Beth

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Take the UFO Poll
8/15/2010 5:56:09 AM

Churchill ordered UFO cover-up, National Archives show
2010-08-05, BBC News
Posted: 2010-08-09 10:42:19
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10853905

The government took the threat of UFOs so seriously in the 1950s that UK intelligence chiefs met to discuss the issue, newly-released files show. Ministers even went on to commission weekly reports on UFO sightings from a committee of intelligence experts. The files show reports of UFOs peaked in 1996. The latest batch of UFO files released from the Ministry of Defence to the National Archives shows that, in 1957, the committee received reports detailing an average of one UFO sighting a week. The files also include an account of a wartime meeting attended by Winston Churchill in which, it is claimed, the prime minister was so concerned about a reported encounter between a UFO and RAF bombers, that he ordered it be kept secret for at least 50 years to prevent "mass panic". Nick Pope, who used to investigate UFO sightings for the MoD, said: "The interesting thing is that most of the UFO files from that period have been destroyed. But what happened is that a scientist whose grandfather was one of his [Churchill's] bodyguards, said look, Churchill and Eisenhower got together to cover up this phenomenal UFO sighting, that was witnessed by an RAF crew on their way back from a bombing raid. The reason apparently was because Churchill believed it would cause mass panic and it would shatter people's religious views."

Note: For reliable information on UFOs, check out our UFO Information Center.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!