Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Forum Informum - Feedback for Business and Pleasure
9/5/2010 2:16:40 AM
Quote:

Read through this entire forum after being sent here at the suggestion of Bogdan. Much is off subject but I made it to the last page.

My question is this, why does the system allow "squaters" to post threads on my forums. They are blantant ads. The title of the forum and description are clear and percise to the reader. I spend time everyday cleaning out forums.

Just because my forums have readers, are noticed by many does not give people privilage to post this same stuff all over the place.

Here is what I have tried

>personal message---may I help you find places to advertise

please don't put threads on my forum unless you are willing to invite readers

>cut and paste letter asking them to cease and here's some ideas where to advertise

>leave the thread for a day or two and then just delete.

I have seen lovely forums whose owners do not remove the trash threads and it ruins the quality of the forum. To each his own, it is their forum and can allow what they want. Some of the problem is language barriers and some is not understanding the system.

Could the system not allow threads by anyone but the owner?

Thank you Bogdan, you have always been a good listener and provided help for our best interest.

With the next update we will be providing option to mark forum as "Exclusive" meaning that no other users can create new threads.

This component is already developed, it just waits to be updated, which will be on Tuesday.

Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2010 2:48:27 AM

That is great news! ! Thank you for the update and I will just have to be patient.

I was sure I would be told the solution is to ban the person. I dislike doing that as there is no way to explain doing that to someone.

The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.

Theodore Isaac Rubin

Thank you Roger for providing a sounding board.

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2010 6:30:06 AM
Actually when you BAN someone for Spamming your forum, you have the option to give a reason why and notify the person. I have recently had to use that function. In my experience it is up to the forum owner to set the standard, tenacity and fearless moderation of ones forum is required.

The unban is a feature in your chest too. Just in case you act in haste or in a weak moment.

The new feature will be welcome but beware of what you wish for as it could drive visitors elsewhere, as may topics, have sub-topics and they are micro-niches in themselves.

In my view new threads on the topic or covering a hot topic are useful to all involved with the forum. Exposure is the main reason any of us do this after all. My own reason anyways. Though there are a few that only want similar opinions and opposing ones are unwelcome.

Now blatant ads as new thread unless asked for are unwelcome. Especially when many of us offer advertisement threads to appease those unwilling to have conversations.

Good point though and it appears a workable solution is on the way.

Quote:

That is great news! ! Thank you for the update and I will just have to be patient.

I was sure I would be told the solution is to ban the person. I dislike doing that as there is no way to explain doing that to someone.

The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.

Theodore Isaac Rubin

Thank you Roger for providing a sounding board.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2010 6:37:59 AM
Go to work for government and/or support the current administration and all your woes will be taken care of for you. Or you could enjoy the hunt, learn the lessons along the way and apply and share the knowledge you will gain by challenging ones self.

Also I have garnered much knowledge, expertise and yes a few dollars by taking the Challenge 2010 with my fellow 12SC users. One or both may help you.

Quote:
What do I want from MY new business? Just a comfortable income, I'm not greedy but would like to be able to sleep soundly at night with out having to worry about where the next dollar or meal will come from.

Jim Allen III

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2010 6:52:22 AM
Steven,

I know what you need, and that is the Challenge 2010 it will help you find the market, niche, or micro niche for your business. Learning these basics will help you attract generic traffic from the SERPs and climb the ranks in the search engines. I am sure your gift site has many products that will help attract attention to your site.

Take this unique blueprint Challenge 2010 and grow your business. This a FREEBIE so do not mistake this as a sales pitch.

Roger asked for suggestions and this is the best one I have for anyone looking to earn consistent income. Learn these lessons and write your own ticket in your local market or your online business. I do ask you check out my online tools site after you have
seen how valuable the Challenge 2010

Jim

Quote:
Quote:
Stephen....

Just wanted to let you know that I read your post here and Roger suggested that I give you some info that may be just the thing for you. You can follow the link that I've pasted here and go to my forum thread to read more about an excellent way to make money. Don't know whether it's for you or not...but if you're interested I will be happy to give you the info that I have you may want for yourself. Follow the link that I've placed here:

Thanks Roger for guiding me here to see Stephen's post. Yes, I will post the info here for him to access at my forum. I don't want to post the body of the text here since it's a different topic than what your thread is about, but for Stephen and anyone else who is curious and searching to find a way to make some serious money I invite you to follow Roger's advice and see the info that I started a thread about in my forum: "Just to Let You Know" related to BULK REO's, you can go find out what that means and feel free to contact me with any questions. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/2417743/BULKREOsEverHeardofThisWhatTheHeckDoesThatMeanFindOutHere/1.aspx

Thank you for your comment. However, I have a full plate right now trying to launch my web site www.cozmogifts.biz and don't have any room nor time to take on any more money making opportunitys but thank you for your offer.

Warmest regards,

SC

Jim Allen III

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!