Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tenor voice Forum
6/28/2010 1:38:45 PM
Thanks for inviting me to this forum, Steve. My favourite tenor is José Cura. Have you listened to him at all? Fabulous voice and a wonderful musician. He also conducts. He is a protegée of Placido Domingo who is conducting the orchestra on a recording I have of Cura singing Puccini arias. I am a professional accompanist as well as a concert solo pianist and I love accompanying singers! Living as I do now in a small town on a farm in the beautiful countryside of the South African Western Cape, there is not a lot of opportunity for accompanying but I have done several concerts solo and with singers and instrumentalists in the area over the last three years. I look forward to hearing more about yourself and your singing.
Sylvia Schulman Benatar
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Tenor voice Forum
6/28/2010 3:23:35 PM
Thanks Steve, what a clever idea. We need more good forums with a lot of beauty.

My favorites are IL Devo

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2010 5:23:44 PM

Hi Steve,

There's nothing quite as Sweet, or nearly as Pure, as the voice of an Irish Tenor. It's what I expect to hear when I listen to the Angels in Heaven. Please click below to enjoy one of my very Favorites...

Thanks and Have A Blessed Week My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2010 6:18:17 PM
Hi Steve,

I think you hit a good subject. I like it very much.

Phil, you remind me so much of my dad, he liked the Irish tenors too. Thanks.
How about the Canadian Tenors?

Blessings,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2010 8:34:48 PM

I had the great honour to be a friend of the international tenor Phillip Langridge who died after a very short illness a few months ago.

Phillip Langridge was one of those wonderful artists who was never to scared or proud to try something different. He is fondly remembered for his roles in Benjemen Britten operas.

Phillip was a gentleman, a true professional and loved his art to the last.

I shall miss him personally, many others will miss his music and stage presence.

His voice was unique and beautiful. We are so lucky that his voice remains recorded. I recommend a listen.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!