Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
RE: Let's Pause To Remember Those Who Have Fallen
5/28/2010 10:09:36 PM
Hi Phil,

This is an excellent forum. Even though we are in Canada my family and I will stop our day for a moment and say a prayer for all the U.S. troops and their families who are stationed around the world.

God Bless them all,

Sincerely,
Barry
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2010 1:52:17 AM

Hi Barry,

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit and thanks for your kind words of support for not only those who've already given their lives for the cause of Freedom, but for those brave young Men & Women who are still putting their live son the line even as we speak.

We here in the States appreciate the support that Canada has offered, and as a matter of fact, roughly 2,500-2,830 Canadian Forces (CF) personnel are currently deployed in Afghanistan as part of International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).

(Please Click Below For Some Special Music)

And Please Join Me In Prayer...

As we turn our thoughts toward Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and we pray for the men and women who currently stand in the gap for our protection:

Dear Heavenly Father,

As we remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, we think of how they have followed in the footsteps of your son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. Please hold our service men and women in your strong arms. Cover them with your sheltering grace and presence as they stand in the gap for our protection.

We also remember the families of our troops, and ask for your unique blessings to fill their homes and your peace, provision and strength to fill their lives.

May the members of our armed forces be filled with courage to face each day and may they trust in the Lord's mighty power to accomplish each task. Let our military brothers and sisters feel our love and support. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

May Our Lord Bless & Keep You & Your Family,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
5/29/2010 4:35:54 PM

Thank you Phil and for reminding us what MEMORIAL DAY is all about. We get lost in the family reunions, picnics, hot dogs and treats, cook-out, vacations and celebrating but sometimes forget why we do these things.

(didn't have a graphic, so I borrowed yours!)

Sara

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/30/2010 4:52:33 PM

Hi Sara,

Thanks for stopping by my Friend, Thanks for you Comments & Your Support, and Thank You for always Remembering.

(Please Click Below)

WE HONOR & WE REMEMBER

Wishing You & Your Family A Blessed Memorial Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/30/2010 6:09:03 PM

Hello My Friends,

Have you ever looked, really looked, at a soldier's face? Sometimes it's young, barely an adult the hopes of youth still painted in its features. Sometimes it's old, older than faith, older than wisdom, older than time. And sometimes...sometimes it's a bit of both all at once.

Sometimes it's gritty and pained, remembering the face of another, a Brother, who has fallen. Sometimes it's laughing, pleased to have a moment of peace. Most of the time it's proud, because it knows, oh yes it knows, the world is a different place a better place because of it.

Next time you look at a soldier's face, see if you can find that glint of pride. Sometimes it’s hidden, and you have to search it out. You'll find it in the eyes always in the eyes. For the eyes are indeed the windows to the soul, even a soldier's soul.

And when you've carefully examined every feature of that soldier's face, stand upstraight and tall and smile your best smile. Thank that soldier, because it does what some cannot, or will not, do. It defends what it believes to be right withit's very life.

But more important, it defends a perfect stranger, you.

And finally, next time, when you see a flag covered casket, stand in memorium of all the soldier's faces you've examined. For when one of them falls, they all fall. And when one of them stands, they all stand.

Shouldn't we stand with them?

God Bless These Brave Soldiers One And All

God Bless You My Friends & God Bless America,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!