Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Blogging Hints and Tips
5/15/2010 1:04:43 PM

I have posted a lot about blogging myself, but I feel that there are more ideas out there, and more ways to say things, so I have decided to put up this thread with blogging hints and tips. I will primarily use articles written by others on the subject. Today, we start with an interesting article by Catherine Henry.

Blog Content - 5 Tips For Finding Ideas to Write About
By Catherine Henry

As the saying goes, "Content is king". Without top notch content, you have not web presence. The only thing that separates your website from any other site is the amount and quality of content you provide to your visitors. That is the pure and simple truth.

What makes anyone visit your website or blog? Content. What will make a visitor come back? Content. So if you have your business on the web you must be prepared to provide some great information and articles on a regular basis if you want to get traffic to your site.

For many people, this is a major stumbling block but it doesn't have to be. Perhaps you are not comfortable with your writing skills? That is one area you can develop over time but in the meantime, there are internet marketing services out there who have writers who can create content for you.

Running out of ideas of what to write about? Here are a few sources that never fail to give me inspiration so I thought I would share them with you.

Newspapers and magazines. These are great places to find topical and timely information that you can post on a daily basis. Of course I am not suggesting you copy any publication directly, but they are great places to give you ideas of what is current in your niche.
Other blogs. If you have a favorite blog in your niche, why not give your perspective or point of view on one of the recent posts found on that blog? You can even send the blog owner your review and let him know you have mentioned his blog on yours and he might even give you a link back or a mention on his blog.

YouTube. Some people find creating videos easier than writing articles. Often you can find a video related to your niche and just write an article about it. Again, make it your own. Do not directly steal someone else's work. Watching videos has never failed to give me ideas for articles yet.

Read what others are writing within your niche. A great way to do this is to sign up for Google alerts for your keywords. Then you will be sent all of the latest posts and news every day from within your niche. You can quickly scan over these and find out what the "buzz" is today and just pop into your blog and write an update or editorial about the hot topic of the day.

Subscribe to niche or trade newsletters. Newsletters and ezines within your niche are another great way to have ideas sent right to your email. Read a newsletter and write an article about whatever topic that was delivered to you. These are ideas that are handed right to you. All you have to do is give your own twist to them.

These are just a few of the ways I come up with new ideas and articles every single day. It really is not difficult to come up with new and fresh content. The hard part is making the commitment to do it every day with consistency. Really though, 10-15 minutes per day is all it takes and the benefits are huge. It is generally my morning coffee activity. It should be yours too.

To receive a free website analysis from a professional or to learn more about SEO visit http://ukinternetmarketingservice.co.uk/our-suite-of-marketing-tools/on-page-seo/

Article Source: Blog Content - 5 Tips For Finding Ideas to Write About

Have a great day!

Don

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!