Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: I'm 63 and I'm Tired"
5/3/2010 7:15:34 PM
Jim, I' m with you ! Amen and Kumbi Yaaaaaa ! Lord Kumbi Yaaaa !

Group Hug !
+0
Mark Gibson

236 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/4/2010 12:44:29 AM

I second all those comments.

INCLUDING THE AMEN!!

To YOUR success, Mark Gibson mystuff@cards4u.ws www.cards4u.ws
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/4/2010 5:15:06 AM
: I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

Yes, Amen Again Mark !
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2010 6:05:10 AM
I am proud to be an American because I am a Progressive Liberal Democrat and do not have the fear of some about our future.

I'm not tired of hearing how bad things will be because the "LEFT" is in power again nor am I tired of hearing from either side the views that are expressed because that is the freedom most cherished by most Americans.

Freedom of Speech. Who was it that said something like: I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight to the death to protect your right to say it? one of the founders... I had it posted on the refrigerator when my girls were growing up. I should call one of them. One, I know recalls this!

No one is being told how or what to think. Yes, Obama did say not to listen to Rush Limbaugh and he was a bit off base about that! Poor Rush - he has been seriously misquoted at times but there are times he really is off base and loud and annoying and it's a wonder that anyone listens to him then.

Sure, I've listened to the right. They're all over am radio now. Progressive radio has declined in the years since Reagan.

I'm not tired of people trying to get into America even at the cost of their lives like the people from Mexico who only want a better life. Yes, Drugs also come that way and crime. That's going to be the case no matter what because that's what criminals do. The honest hard working Mexican who only wants to better his life or send money home to his wife and children is who needs a way to come to our country and work the jobs that are available to him without being underpaid, poor working conditions and all the rest, like the discrimination that any non-white experiences in our country.

Most don't realize that when there was an influx of German immigrants early in our history and up thru the turn of the 19th to 20th century - that they also created German Language Newspapers and German Neighborhoods where the business owners spoke German and english speaking business men learned enough german so commerce could take place. It takes time to learn a new language.

Our Country is not being taken over by any other culture. Not the Left or the Right holds sway for long but it seems the right has gone extreme the way the extreme left was in the 60s & 70s! I think I am more awake about this than tired about it all... there are things to be concerned about and a lot of it is expressed in the intolerance of the right for what should be a democratic discourse of views, a conversation, not the hollering and yelling that the Left talk shows and Right talkers have been doing the past several years.

There I said some stuff! No doubt not well accepted here, so I hope you don't mind that I stopped by.

I just felt I I needed to say a few things
have a great Today
Beth

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2010 6:41:13 PM
Beth, Thanks for stopping by and I loved your informative view !

Great discussion ! I would love to hear more !

Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!