Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Need Your Thoughts on This...............
4/30/2010 5:14:33 PM

Dear Friends,

I am working on a 'write' titled 'FREEDOM'.

FREEDOM means differently to each and every one of us......I would love for you to share your thoughts on what does 'FREEDOM' mean to you ?

I will be posting this question at all the other communities I am active in and look forward eagerly to reading all the views that will be posted.

Hugz n blessings

Pauline

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Need Your Thoughts on This...............
4/30/2010 5:35:22 PM
Freedom of religion, education, thought ....

spirit, well being, to prosper, to travel

hmmm a lot to think about !

Linda
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/1/2010 5:43:16 PM
Thank you Linda !!!!!!!
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2010 10:51:34 PM

freedom_logo.jpg My Project image by patylima

Freedom

Freedom to me is not just a choice of where I choose to go or with whom.

Freedom can mean so many things to many people.

A poor person living in a deprived environment, barely surviving nutritionally and lacking basic sanitation or safe water may consider themselves free if they have a choice to follow their religious beliefs without persecution or fear. They may consider their present situation to be temporary and a mere stepping stone to another level of existance.

To me, being privileged in that I was born in a country where democracy is the basis of the political system, freedom is a huge part of my life. I have a chance to influence political decisions through my vote, and, although my vote alone might not change a political direction, I have the right to stand as a candidate for whatever I want within the reasonable restraints of the law.

I am free to follow my religious pursuation and to bring my children up with the values that my religion encourages. I can talk freely to others about my religion or politics without repercussions as long as I don’t go beyond accepted racial or moral boundaries.

All societies must have rules and standards and these can sometimes feel like restraints on our freedom so it is impossible to have unlimited freedom.

For me, if I want to pray, write and expound my faith or ideas or travel freely within my own society without unreasonable restraint, I AM HAPPY TO FEEL FREE.

If I wish to travel abroad, on average, I am free to do so.

As a UK citizen, I get more and more concerned about survielance by electronic means but I have to accept that some of this is nescessary to protect the majority.

Freedom has to have boundaries within a society but if those boundaries can be changed or influenced by me in some way then I consider myself to be free.

I daily pray that others can share my level of freedom, after all, freedom is about having a chance to make choices.

Roger

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/5/2010 10:55:22 PM
I am Happy to Feel Free Also !
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!