Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: POTW Feedback
12/17/2012 10:03:54 PM
Hi Myrna (great job you're doing by the way:)
This thought came to me when Diane mentioned Michael Derwoyn in her remarks on getting her selection.
I think if the first thread is for those we can think of gets started that would give people a chance to remind us of people they know about who have passed in our community.
A simple question asking members should do it.

+0
Dennis Clairmont

642 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/18/2012 1:07:00 AM
Quote:

You can do as you wish. I can be supportive and help with the design of the memorial.

It would be another challenge to create something different with a member that is no longer with us.

Who knows, she still may be logging in and watching her friends.

Good Morning Volunteers, and Supporting Members.

I have a simple question this morning about the 100 Friends.

One of the features I like when a new request agrees to be friends,

I get a notification in my main email account saying:

"You Have a New Friend"

The email contains a link to this persons profile that makes it easy to

visit their profile, and send them a welcome package.

With this new feature for new members that accept the 100 friends,

will we still receive this valuable email saying:

"You Have a New Friend" ?

To me this needs to still stay in place with notifications.

Hi Mark

That is a good message to send out to people.
It is nice to go to our emails and see that we have new friends
Once the 100 Friend List is added to adlandpro you'll get new friends everyday.

A message From Bogdan

We have already rough implementation of 100 friends addition and it will be integrated on Monday.
Regarding credits for activity. It is like you are reading my mind.
Exactly on Saturday I have this thoughts. lf we create incentive in forms of credits e.g. for direct contact, we can incentive activities like opening the forum thread, posting to the forum, loggin in, growing friends list and others. Again there has to be caution in there as we might just create a way to spam or abuse.

Bogdan

Looks like things on that end are going through nicely.These kind of additions are what Draw people to join a Community.
I've been in this game since 1995 and from observing social communities you have to give your members something they are looking for without emptying there pockets.
In return a community will be more successful because Activity of the Members is the key.Once you have the Activity the community makes money.
It's not Rocket Science but it can be tricky because a community needs so many interesting Departments for so many needs and interest of the members.
Adlandpro reminds me of a Huge Department Store.

What Floor is Advertising
What Floor is the Sports
What Floor is the Art Section
What Floor is The Networking Dept.
Where's The Information Booth
And so on and on.

The Adlandpro Main Page needs to be set up like the lobby of a Department Store with a path to the members interests.

Dennis

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/18/2012 6:17:20 AM
I think to we need a memorial forum for past deceased members. Mark that would be great to have your designs on it. Lets do it.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
12/18/2012 2:54:39 PM
I agree totally that Jill Bachmann deserves to be recognized either as POTY current or as the first honor going to a deceased member. She is smiling down on us from heaven, let's smile back!!! Kudos, Steve

Adlandpro is one of my fave sites as the people are fanta-bulous, the networking is great, having a place to share ads and info rocks! For over 20 years now I've been part of a huge T.E.A.M., where "Together Everyone Achieves More." Our dreams and goals are to help as many folks succeed as possible no matter what occupation or biz you are in. I have 3 main blogs or websites, including expertise in blogging, forums, communities, network marketing, social networking, advertising, lead generation, SEO & more. Love connecting with like-minded individuals. Thanks so much, Mark Stephen Hauser of http://www.facebook.com/martinezshopper and my main blog https://martinezshopperdotws.blogspot.com/
+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/18/2012 3:09:18 PM
Quote:
I think to we need a memorial forum for past deceased members. Mark that would be great to have your designs on it. Lets do it.

Thank you for saying, we will see if this works out.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!