Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A COSMIC RELIGION?
5/5/2015 6:10:03 PM

Doing the five Tibetans can add energy and years to your life

(Health Secrets) The five Tibetans are a unique sequence of yoga poses reputed to be the key to longevity. According to legend, the sequence was created by Tibetan monks in a Himalayan monastery and then brought into the world by British Army Colonel Bradford. The colonel was amazed by the monks’ vitality and superior health. They credited their religious observances, simple diet and the five Tibetans.

1. Whirling Dervish

The first of the five Tibetans is a standing exercise. To perform this exercise, stand up straight with your arms held out to your sides at shoulder height. Spin to the right and keep looking forward. Let your vision blur as you spin. Breathe deeply into your abdomen. Slowly work up to 21 spins.

2. Tibetan leg lifts

The second of the five Tibetans is similar to an abdominal exercise called leg lifts. To begin, lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms at your sides. Touch your legs together. Inhale as you lift your legs until they are perpendicular with the floor. Raise your head off the floor at the same time, bringing your chin toward your chest. Exhale as you lower your head and legs back to the floor. Work up to 21 leg raises.

3. Moving through camel pose

The third of the five Tibetans promotes flexibility of the spine and gently stretches the back, chest, abdomen and neck. The exercise is similar to camel pose used in other styles of yoga but is a less extreme back bend.

To perform the exercise, kneel on the floor and relax your arms against your sides. Your back is straight with your hips, shoulders and knees in line. First, exhale and bend your chin toward your chest. Then, inhale as you bend your head back to look up and you gently arch your lower back. Slide your hands up to your lower back as you bend backwards. Repeat up to 21 times.

4. Staff to upward plank pose

The fourth exercise combines two popular yoga postures, the staff pose and a variation of upward plank pose. The exercise strengthens the wrists, arms, core and legs.

To begin, sit with your legs together and straight in front of you. Place your hands on the floor next to your buttocks with your fingers pointing forward and flex your feet toward your shins. This is staff pose. Inhale as you bend your knees and raise your hips off the floor. Lift up until your spine is parallel to the floor and your knees are in line with your ankles. Look at the ceiling. Exhale as you lower back into staff pose. Perform up to 21 repetitions.

5. Down dog to cobra pose

The fifth exercise moves from downward-facing dog pose to cobra. The Tibetan exercise strengthens the arms, shoulders and chest while also stretching the abdomen, shoulders and legs.

To begin, assume push-up position with your hands shoulder-width apart. Inhale and press your hips up toward the ceiling. Your arms and legs are straight. Push your heels down and align your neck with your spine. This is down dog. Exhale as you lower your hips and arch your back. Lift your chest to face forward as you tilt your head to look up. Your hips are inches from the floor and your arms are straight. Perform up to 21 reps.

Starting off the day with the five Tibetans provides energy and increases alertness. The sequence can also provide a burst of energy in the afternoon or evening, when many people’s energy levels drop.

For more information:
http://www.lifeevents.org/5-tibetans-energy-rejuvenation-exercises.htm
http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm
http://home.acceleration.net

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/17/2015 6:43:38 PM

Can the Bible Teach Us Anything Genuine?

Credit: Turnbacktogod.com

By Wes Annac, Culture of Awareness

This is going to be hard for me to write, because I’ve always had a problem with the way religion misrepresents spirituality. I feel like religion gives spirituality a bad name, and especially when it comes to tolerance, religion has failed to reflect the messages of various enlightened messiahs, prophets, masters, etc.

I’ve always resisted religion because it uses control and uptight dogma to keep us from understanding true spirituality, and I feel like it was devised to make people forget what spirituality is supposed to be.

Spirituality doesn’t have to be associated with control or giving up our lives just to be in God’s favor, but religion has twisted and perverted it into something that completely contradicts its original meaning.

Not to mention that people have been (and continue to be) killed senselessly for centuries in the name of God or because of some ‘holy’ book. I could probably write a whole book of my own on why we shouldn’t put our faith in religion, which is why it’ll be difficult to say what I want to say.

The bible (and various other religious books) has obviously been edited by leaders throughout history who wanted to control their people, but I don’t think we should give up on it.

In my opinion, a big portion of the bible is nonsense that has nothing to do with true spirituality, and we really don’t need it. However, if we read certain verses with a conscious, open-minded perspective, we can decode them and find little gems of genuine spiritual advice.

Credit: NowUniverse.com

We have to understand that most spiritual text centers on finding enlightenment, whether we realize it or not, and a lot of bible verses are actually encoded lessons that can help us on the enlightenment path.

There’s a reason so many spiritual teachers use religious terminology – all of the texts and teachers are united in the goal of helping their followers find enlightenment.

A lot of people (like the late great Terence McKenna) tell us to distrust ideology of any kind and find our own way, and this is great advice, but it doesn’t change the fact that the bible and various other spiritual texts can teach us about enlightenment and a higher consciousness.

We just have to interpret the things we read in ways that help us. For example: When I read a spiritual teacher’s writings about giving God all of our faith and devotion, I translate it as putting our faith and devotion into love and our higher consciousness.

When a bible verse talks about giving ourselves away to God, I translate it as giving ourselves to enlightenment, which completely empties us before refilling us with God’s love and awareness. When I read that we should be ‘obedient to God’, I translate it as staying disciplined and dedicated to our spiritual practices.

It’s all a matter of interpretation, and we can take these spiritual texts or leave them. We’ll find our way back home no matter what we do, but should we choose to open up to these books or the teachers who can help us take the next step, we might learn some valuable lessons.

It isn’t easy for me to be open to the bible or spiritual teachers who talk so much about God, but I’m learning that there’s a lesson in everything. When we read something that sounds ridiculous, we learn to be more discerning and we skip right past it and look for something that will help us.

I’m not saying we have to be completely open to spiritual texts or teachers, but we don’t have to be so rigid toward them either. Everything has its role to play, and if we can be open to things we once rejected, we might understand how they’re relevant and maybe let them teach us a thing or two.

Credit: Ihopkc.org

The first step is to open up to them, and the second step is to remember only to take what resonates with us and let the rest be. This process of picking and choosing what advice is helpful can actually connect us with our higher consciousness, because it allows us to grow closer with our authentic truth.

So the next time we want to trash religion or the bible, let’s try to be a little more open and centered in love. Even the religious people we think are brainwashed are following a path that works for them, and we don’t have to agree with their path to show them love or acceptance.

They might not accept us, but we can take the high road and show them love anyway.

Not every religious person is crazy or overly judgmental, and not everything that’s written in the bible is meant to confuse or mislead us. There really are genuinely loving religious people and genuinely helpful religious texts, and if we try hard enough, we’ll find them.

If we’re passionate enough about bringing the world together that we’re willing to open up to things we once resisted, we could make it easier for the world’s religions to accept each other instead of killing each other in the name of their quarreling, illusory gods.

Our actual creator doesn’t want us to turn its sacred creation into a battlefield, and if the conscious community can learn to tolerate religion, we could eventually persuade various religions not to be so hateful or judgmental toward each other.

We could bring the world together, but for now, let’s focus on how these spiritual texts can help us personally. You might not agree with what I’m about to say, but I really do think a fundamental truth underlies every religion, belief system and spiritual text.

We can search for this truth independently without the assistance of any spiritual teacher or text, or we can receive that extra bit of assistance that might make some things clearer. The choice is ours, but no matter what we choose, let’s try to be little more tolerant of people who think differently – even if they don’t tolerate us.

Share freely.

I’m a twenty-two year old spiritual writer, blogger and channel for the creative expression of the inner universe, and I created The Culture of Awareness daily news site.

The Culture of Awareness features daily spiritual and alternative news, articles I’ve written, and more. Its purpose is to awaken and uplift by providing material about the fall of the planetary elite and a new paradigm of unity and spirituality.

I’ve contributed to a few different spiritual websites including The Master Shift, Waking Times, Golden Age of Gaia, Wake Up World and Expanded Consciousness. I can also be found on Facebook (Wes Annac and The Culture of Awareness) and Twitter, and I write a paid weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to for $11.11 a month here.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
6/21/2015 4:16:00 AM
I agree with Einstein for the base of "man's ethical behavior" ... this is why it is important to LEARN something about individual in order to find common ground IF possible. If not, THANK OUR CREATOR for many, many, many individuals to meet, greet and possibly find something in common that can be encouraged. "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; ... Albert Einstein
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/21/2015 10:57:46 AM

Einstein may have been right in his assumption that man's ethical behavior is enough for coexistence and no religious basis is necessary, but in arriving at it he may have only been thinking of Christianity and Islamism - where "fear of punishment and hope of reward after death" are the main ingredients in a receipt for good behavior. I am rather thinking of Hinduism, where good behavior is assumed from the start and the religious experience is all that matters as it points to sanctity.

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/3/2015 6:58:21 PM

Everything You Wanted to Know About the Pineal Gland
BY ON ·

(Waking Times) The famous philosopher Descartes described the pineal gland as the “principal seat of the soul.” You’ve probably heard of this gland being the ‘third eye,’ a mystical chakra point residing right in the middle of your eyebrows. Well, it turns out these ideas aren’t too far off. The small, rice-sized, pinecone-shaped endocrine organ known as the pineal gland sits alone in the middle of the brain and at the same level as the eyes.

Pineal Gland Functions

How you think and feel every day depends on the pineal gland. As the producer of the hormone melatonin, the quality and duration of your sleep relies on how well it produces this hormone. This tiny organ regulates your daily and seasonal circadian rhythms, the sleep-wake patterns that determine your hormone levels, stress levels, and physical performance.

4 Ways to Activate the Pineal Gland

Activating your pineal gland may be helpful for regulating mood, sleep, and energy levels. Here are 4 ways to get started:

1. Get Out and Into the Sun

Sun exposure kick starts the pineal gland to produce serotonin and stimulates the mind. Any type of light exposure, either directly or indirectly, activates the pineal gland, prompting it to produce serotonin. This neurotransmitter is responsible for mood and improves energy levels. This is why it’s crucial to avoid light after the sun goes down, because you need your pineal gland to produce melatonin and suppress serotonin. This process can only be accomplished by reducing light from electronics and lightbulbs as much as possible.

2. Sleep in Complete Darkness

A dark environment ensures your pineal gland produces enough melatonin to ensure good, restful sleep. Make sure you avoid backlit devices like phones, tablets, computer monitors, or TV right before bed. The lighting of these devices stimulates serotonin production, tricking your pineal gland into thinking it’s daytime, confusing your wake/sleep cycle.

3. Sun Gazing

Sun gazing is perhaps one of the most controversial exercises you can do to activate the pineal gland, simply because there’s no scientific evidence to prove its effectiveness or safety. Here’s the basics of the practice: within the first 15 minutes of sunlight at the beginning of the day and then the final 15 minutes of sunlight at the end of the day, you gaze into the sun for a couple of seconds, but only a couple of seconds. Again, sun gazing has its risks. Simply getting out in the sun and having your eyes exposed to light indirectly can help stimulate the pineal gland without having to stare directly into the sun’s rays.

4. Meditation

The pineal gland responds to the bioelectric signals of light and dark, and meditation activates this bioelectric energy. With practice, you can learn to direct this energy to this highly-sensitive organ.

Modern Problems with the Pineal Gland

Calcification is the biggest problem for the pineal gland. Fluoride accumulates in the pineal gland more than any other organ and leads to the formation of phosphate crystals. As your pineal gland hardens due to the crystal production, less melatonin is produced and regulation of your wake-sleep cycle gets disturbed. [1]

Research also reports fluoride hardening accelerates sexual development in children, particularly in girls. [2] And this is a serious problem as a study from 30 years ago reported 40% of American children under 17 were found to have pineal calcification in process. Since then, we’ve see children, especially girls, experience the early onset of puberty. [3]

In addition to fluoride, halides like chlorine and bromine also accumulate and damage the pineal gland. Calcium supplements can also cause problems. Without enough vitamin D–64% of Americans are vitamin D deficient–calcium does not become bioavailable and calcifies human tissue, including the pineal gland. [4]

Eliminating fluoride may be the best first step for reducing health concerns. Use fluoride-free toothpaste, avoid tap water, and drink filtered water. For the best filtered water, use a reverse osmosis water filter. Eat calcium-rich foods rather than taking calcium supplements if you can get plenty of vitamin D.

How to Decalcify Your Pineal Gland

If you’ve been exposed to fluoride, your pineal gland has some degree of calcification preventing it from working well. Here are a few ways you can decalcify:

Tamarind Fruit

The fruit from the African tamarind tree is extremely effective at removing fluoride from the body. One study found children given tamarind excreted significantly more fluoride in their urine compared to the control group and may halt or even reverse the effects of skeletal fluorosis. [5] [6]

Borax

Mix one teaspoon of borax (or boron) in a liter of water and take it in small quantities over the course of a day or two. Consult your doctor before using this method.

Zeolites

These volcanically-produced crystals have recently been discovered as a powerful way to detoxify your body. They break down hardened calcium that forms around heavy metals in tissue and removes these heavy metals from the body.

Cleanses

Regular cleansing enables the body to naturally remove toxins and heavy metals from the body, including fluoride.

Iodine

Halides like fluoride, chlorine, and bromine accumulate in your tissue if you’re iodine deficient, which is an increasing problem around the world. If you’ve cut back on salt and don’t eat a lot of seafood, there’s a good chance you may be deficient. Symptoms of iodine deficiency include chronic fatigue, thyroid disease, feeling cold or a low body temperature, and hormone imbalance. To get more iodine, eat foods rich in iodine, [link to article on sources of iodine]or take a colloidal iodine supplement for the best result.

— Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM

Article References

[1] Schmid H.A. Decreased Melatonin Biosynthesis, Calcium Flux, Pineal Gland Calcification and Aging: A Hypothetical Framework. Gerontology 1993;39:189 199.

[2] Jennifer Anne Luke. The Effect of Fluoride on the Physiology of the Pineal Gland.Excerpts from pages: 1-9; 51-53; 167-177. 1997.

[3] Zimmerman RA, Bilaniuk LT. Age-related incidence of pineal calcification detected by computed tomography. Radiology. 1982 Mar;142(3):659-62.

[4] Mitchell DM1, Henao MP, Finkelstein JS, Burnett-Bowie SA. Prevalence and predictors of vitamin D deficiency in healthy adults. Endocr Pract. 2012 Nov-Dec;18(6):914-23. doi: 10.4158/EP12072.OR.

[5] Khandare AL1, Kumar P U, Shanker RG, Venkaiah K, Lakshmaiah N. Additional beneficial effect of tamarind ingestion over defluoridated water supply to adolescent boys in a fluorotic area. Nutrition. 2004 May;20(5):433-6.

[6] Khandare AL1, Rao GS, Lakshmaiah N. Effect of tamarind ingestion on fluoride excretion in humans. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2002 Jan;56(1):82-5.

Source: Waking Times

Related:

+1