Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A COSMIC RELIGION?
3/7/2014 1:30:03 AM

Rock the bells: Stonehenge pieces may have been chosen for acoustic properties

Eric Pfeiffer
The Sideshow

Could the rocks of Stonehenge been part of a early history symphony? (Agence-France Presse)

Stonehenge has been the source of endless speculation since the strange formation of rocks was first discovered.

But a new theory may be the most interesting of all, with some now saying the rocks at Stonehenge were chosen because of their acoustic properties.

“There had to be something special about these rocks,” archaeo-acoustic expert Paul Devereux told the BBC. “It hasn't been considered until now that sound might have been a factor.”

Devereux led a project by the Royal College of Art in London, which attempts to understand how ancient humans perceived their world. The study results, published in the journal Time and Mind found that a number of the bluestone rocks at Stonehenge emitted sounds similar to bells when they are struck.

If the stone’s sonic properties were a motivating factor for those who transported them approximately 200 miles to the Stonehenge site, it may help further explain why some historic artifacts have said the rocks had mystical properties. Earlier this month, researchers said they had pinpointed the exact location that a number of Stonehenge’s bluestones were originally transported from. However, the new research has ultimately raised even more questions as to how exactly ancient humans were able to transport them over such a great distance.

In addition, the study found that a number of the bluestones at Stonehenge show evidence of having been physically struck.

“When struck, some make a range of metallic sounds, from pure bell-like tones to tin drum noises to deeper gong-like resonances,” Devereux and his colleagues write in the study, noting that about 5 to 10 percent of the 1,000 plus rocks they tested emitted the unusual sounds.

In fact, the diverse set of sounds emitted from stones in the study suggest that rocks at Stonehenge may have been used to create a virtual symphony to the ears of the ancient world.

“There's lots of different tones, you could play a tune,” Devereux told the BBC. “In fact, we have had percussionists who have played proper percussion pieces off the rocks."

A researcher suggests the ancient rock formation may have been created as a kind of musical instrument.
'You could play a tune'

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2014 2:01:25 AM
More on the same

Stonehenge is like a sacred 'prehistoric glockenspiel', researchers claim

Metallic, gong-like noises made by the monument when struck may explain why the stones were chosen by its builders

View Gallery

The pillars that form Stonehenge may have been chosen because they were like sacred “prehistoric glockenspiels”, according to researchers.

The sonorous quality of some of the bluestones used for the monument built between 3,000 BC and 1,600 BC may explain why they were transported 200 miles from Pembrokeshire, Wales, when there were plenty of local rocks to use nearby.

‘Archeo-acoustic’ expert Paul Devereux, the principal investigator on the Landscape and Perception Project, explained the choice to the BBC.

“There had to be something special about these rocks,” he said.

“Why else would they take them from here [Wales] all the way to Stonehenge?”

“It hasn't been considered until now that sound might have been a factor,” he said.

The study by researchers from Royal College of Art in London tried to record what “Stone Age eyes and ears” would have heard and seen in a prehistoric landscape.

To make the findings published in the ‘Journal of Time & Mind’, the team was given unprecedented access by English Heritage to the Carn Menyn ridge on Mynydd Preseli, south-west Wales, where many of Stonehenge's bluestones were quarried.

When the thousands of stones were struck with small hammerstones, researchers found that they gave off metallic sounds like bells, gongs or tin drums.

“There's lots of different tones, you could play a tune,” Mr Devereux said, adding: “In fact, we have had percussionists who have played proper percussion pieces off the rocks."

To prove their theory, when researchers tested all the bluestones at Stonehenge, several were found to make distinctive sounds, despite their acoustic potential being dampened by being set deep in the ground.

A number of bluestones at Stonehenge show evidence of having been struck, confirming why so many Neolithic monuments exist in the region, and provides strong evidence that the sounds made the landscape sacred to Stone Age people, the study concluded.

Professor Tim Darvill, an archaeology professor at Bournemouth University who has undertaken hundreds of excavations at Stonehenge, explained to the BBC that “pre-historic attitudes to stone” are likely to have been different to those of today.

“We don't know of course that they moved them because they rang but ringing rocks are a prominent part of many cultures,” he said.

“You can almost see them as a pre-historic glockenspiel, if you like, and you could knock them and hear these tunes.

"And soundscapes of pre-history are something we're really just beginning to explore," he said.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2014 10:53:49 AM
KELSEY CAMPBELL-DOLLAGHAN Yesterday 4:00pm

If Stonehenge Is Actually a Giant Instrument, What Does It Sound Like?

We know that the rocks of Stonehenge were carried there from over 200 miles away, but we've never known why. Now, researchers say they believe it was for the special sonic qualities of a particular kind of stone—and that Stonehenge might have served as a bell-like instrument.

We first heard of this theory in December, when Gizmodo UK reported that British archaeologists were given permission "to whack the henge, claiming the stones reverberated differently from each other and gave off subtly different sounds." The sounds that emerged were almost like wooden or metal bells, giving rise to the idea that the stones were used almost like church bells, or perhaps even as a mode of communication over far distances.

Details were thin at the time, but a new report from The Atlantic gives us a bit more insight into the surprising theory, which posits that Stonehenge was a "pre-historic glockenspiel." The rocks used at the site are Bluetones, a hard dolerite that's been found in digs all over Britain. Many of the rocks came from Wales, where a number of Neolithic quarries are located.

These stones are known as lithophones, or rocks that produce notes when struck, and they've been used that way in Wales for a long, long time. In fact, one Welsh village called Maenclochog (translated roughly, Stone Bells) even used Bluestones as church bells until the 1700s. According to a team from the Royal Academy of Art's Landscape and Perception Project, the neolithic worshippers at Stonehenge may have turned to the Welsh to import their own holy rock music.

If Stonehenge Is Actually a Giant Instrument, What Does It Sound Like?Image: Royal College of Art/George Nash.

Last summer, the team was allowed to give Stonehenge a try—by striking them with rounded quartz hammerstones—to find out whether their theory held water. They weren't optimistic since some of the stones had been stabilized by concrete, but lo and behold:

To the researchers' surprise, however, having tested all the bluestones at the monument, several were found to make distinctive (if muted) sounds. This was a sure indication they would have been fully lithophonic if they'd had sufficient resonant space. Furthermore, a number of bluestones at Stonehenge show evidence of having been struck.

It's an absolutely incredible discovery. Could our ancient ancestors actually communicate with each other in ways that we consider purely modern? And what was it like to be at Stonehenge when its "bells" rang out?

In fact, lithophones are common in many other parts of the world. For example, here's a Vietnamese version being played:

Bands like Sigur Ros have experimented with huge lithophone marimbas, too:

Stone bells are used all over the world—like this one in Ethiopia:

SEXPAND

If Stonehenge Is Actually a Giant Instrument, What Does It Sound Like?

Image: Wikipedia.

So it's not a huge leap to imagine that Stonehenge was a place of sonic worship, though it seems fairly unique to Britain in its construction and size.

Stonehenge's own lithophones probably have a similar metallic din to the videos above—albeit at a much lower octave. One researcher describes it as "mysterious," and adds that it could be heard from a half mile away. On the project's website, you can listen to recordings from similar Bluestone sites. Each rock has a different tone, ranging from high-pitched to low, resonant, and indeed, very mysterious.

It it too much to hope for that the UK might let Stonehenge be played one more time? [The Atlantic; BBC; Gizmodo UK]

Lead image: AP Photo/Lefteris Pitarakis.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/10/2014 10:59:49 AM

Goddess Tamara via Natalie Glasson: Mother Earth’s Quest

Mother Earth3Goddess Tamara: Mother Earth’s Quest, channeled by Natalie Glasson, March 5, 2014 at http://omna.org

Greeting beloved beings holding the Goddess vibration upon the Earth, I address each of you with great honour, respect, love and truth. I am Goddess Tamara, I work with the celestial and Cosmic Level of the Creator’s universe within the Goddess Chamber of Light. The qualities I emanate as a Goddess being are gentleness, harmony, grace and divine unity.

It is my purpose to ensure the divine order within the Creator’s universe by expressing and creating channels and energetic pathways for the Goddess vibration to penetrate, exist and merge with all aspects of the Creator. With the support of other Goddess beings I focus upon bringing divine order born from the Goddess vibration into manifestation within all shifts within the Creator’s universe.

You may also call upon me to anchor the Goddess vibration of divine order within your reality, being, experiences or manifestations. Divine Order is a harmony within an aspect or manifestation of the Creator which not only creates harmony and balance around and within this aspect or manifestation but synchronises with all other manifestations, shifts and developments within all dimensions and within all the entire large picture of the Creator’s universe.

It is akin to placing the most minute puzzle pieces together ensuring that no shockwaves or interference travels through the dimensions and levels of the Creator’s universe. The Goddess Divine Order is similar but each manifestation of Divine Order creates a birth of the Creator and the divine feminine qualities emanating into all levels of reality. The Goddess Divine Order vibration is extremely powerful in ensuring that shifts of ascension are born from grace, love, and a soothing flow of peace.

I come forth to you with the colours violet, green and blue, these are the colours which represent my divine work and essence which I share with you now. I have moved through many dimensions, each level I connected with and embraced the Goddess aspect of the Creator, wishing to carry this vibration forth in all aspects of my being.

I now exist within the Cosmic Level of the Creator at the true seat and home of the Goddess, with a role which empowers my being and essence with tremendous gratitude. It is so beautiful to watch the divine expressions of the Creator as they unfold from the core of the Creator naturally instigating shifts which influence all within this magnificent ascension.

As well as introducing myself to you I have a divine purpose in communicating with you today, it is my mission to share with you insights concerning your beloved Mother Earth and a way in which you may be of service to your beloved Mother Earth.

Mother Earth is a sacred consciousness born from the Creator in the same way you and I are born from the Creator. Mother Earth is a soul, but more so akin to a soul group who has only experienced separation from the Creator once. The Creator gave birth to a consciousness and energy from the core of the Creator holding the vibrations and qualities of the Creator’s beauty, love, magnificence, divine manifestation and integrity.

Beauty is the most prominent energy of Mother Earth as well as her sacred, untainted and pure vibrations. While the Creator gave birth to Mother Earth, by drawing these sacred qualities from the core of the Creator vibrations it was many soul groups already separated and existing as extensions of the Creator that set the intention and created the space for the presence of Mother Earth. These soul groups envisaged a planet which expressed the truth and beauty of the Creator.

Creating the space within the universe of the Creator, they co created with the Creator to anchor the soul of Mother Earth into a dimension. They chose a slow vibrational dimension so they could truly see the manifestations of the beauty and truth of the Creator, and so Mother Earth existing in her new dimension as a consciousness and energy source manifested the vehicle she would inhabit and so the Earth was born. This is one interpretation of the birth of Mother Earth although there are many as the Creator is always seen through multiple perspectives; you will notice the same within your own being and perspectives of the Creator.

Many soul groups wished to experience the beauty and truth of the Creator and so multiple experiments took place to anchor aspects of their soul group onto the Earth. Even now as you exist upon the Earth one of your purposes and contracts with Mother Earth is to recognise her beauty and truth, therefore acknowledging it within yourself and the Creator. Mother Earth demonstrates her beauty and truth daily to you but you can enter into her energetic space to truly experience the beauty and truth she emanates from the Creator.

This will create a tremendous shift within your being because with recognition of the beauty and truth of the Creator, every part of your being awakens to the Creator. You see more clearly you are living upon and within pure vibrations of the Creator which bring glory and divine birth of light in magnitude to the Creator aspect and expression of your being. You may wish to connect with Mother Earth to integrate more fully with the beauty and truth of the Creator.

Allow yourself to sit in meditation and say out loud in a soft and lyrical voice:

‘Beloved Goddess Tamara, my guides, soul and soul group, I call upon your presence, love and protection. From my heart I energise my purest goddess vibrations of love to create a sacred space around me while sending them flowing into the consciousness and soul of Mother Earth. I invite Mother Earth to share space with me and be present with me now.

Please demonstrate to me your loving beauty and truth born from the Creator as we exist in a chamber of pure love together. Embrace me in your beauty and truth so it may penetrate my entire being allowing me to connect on a deeper level with all that you are Mother Earth, the Creator and my divine self. Let me now fulfil my contract with you from this moment forth in the most benevolent and appropriate way. Thank you.’

Simply sit, being, breathing and experiencing Mother Earth’s presence with you for as long as feels appropriate.

Due to Mother Earth being a consciousness born from the Creator and inhabiting a physical body, there is always opportunities for Mother Earth to download new vibrations, understanding and nourishing light from the Creator. This is something you are constantly achieving as well which allows beautiful activations, awaking and multiplication of light; it is a process appropriate and necessary to ascension. Mother Earth is being of service but is also achieving an ascension process.

You could describe your ascension process as personal as you inhabit a vehicle and this is your only focus, whereas Mother Earth’s ascension could be described as more expansive and general as she is focusing upon her body but is attentive to every minute part of her body, her conscious awareness is within everything, including you.

As you are ascending you have a large support network of guides who assist, energise and stabilise each shift that takes place within your being. When you are ready to open up to new consciousness you have beings and guides who support every moment. Could you imagine if your cells and every part of your body supported the shift and that your awareness was in each cell and part of your body?

Mother Earth has guides and divine beings of light who support her shifts of consciousness but she now wishes for all her cells and all who inhabit her body to support her in the next shift of consciousness. Mother Earth asks you to support her shift in consciousness holding space for more light to penetrate her being while also connecting with you and communing with you to guide you as to what you need to achieve to support her shift in consciousness.

Can you imagine every person on the Earth, every animal, plant and all aspects of the Earth experiencing stillness within, focusing upon the light entering into Mother Earth and observing her shift in consciousness? Then observing how this energy overflows into your own being, watching how you are blessed with the fruits of the Creator. How magnificent this would be, every aspect of the Earth, including you in sacred oneness and observation with the Creator and the expression of the Creator: Mother Earth.

You can support Mother Earth by entering into a space of stillness within your being when you feel guided to.

Acknowledging Mother Earth and acknowledging any light or consciousness waiting to merge with Mother Earth’s essence.

Then say: ‘Supported by my guides, soul, soul group and the Creator, I am of service to you Mother Earth, if there are any energies, integrations of shifts in consciousness that need to be downloaded, experienced or supported, I am of service to you now. I offer you my strength and focus, holding space for your further integration and merging with the Creator as divinely guided. I am here as a loving witness and support for you Mother Earth.’

Imagine if you wish light flowing into the Earth and essence of Mother Earth with any shifts occurring that need to take place or allow yourself to be guided to achieve what is appropriate. Feel light pulsating through your being and to Mother Earth.

When you feel all has been completed, ground yourself by breathing into the Earth. Know you may not truly understand what has occurred and you may feel a surge of energy as Mother Earth’s consciousness overflows into your being after the integration.

Due to time being an illusion, you will be achieving this with many people and so the stillness within each will offer tremendous support and space to Mother Earth.

With love and Divine Goddess Order
Goddess Tamara

Please share and post with others including the following details: ‘Channeled through Natalie Glasson of the Sacred School of OmNa, omna.org‘. Thank you

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2014 4:33:44 PM

Hare Krishna meditation

Subido el 22/11/2007

Hare Krishna meditation video featuring "Mahamantra Meltdown" by Krishna Das

+0