Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: IS THE NEW AGE REALLY COMING?
8/30/2013 12:55:15 AM

A Man for Our Times

Thanks to Casey.

The Man Who Made $7.5 Billion and Gave Away 99% Of His Wealth

Posted by Icarus Verum, I Acknowledge Beauty Exists, 26 Aug 2013

http://www.beautyexists.net/humanity/the-man-who-made-7-5-billion-and-gave-away-99-of-his-wealth/

“People used to ask me how I got my jollies, and I guess I’m happy when what I’m doing is helping people and unhappy when what I’m doing isn’t helping people.”

~Chuck Feeney, (former) billionaire

Chuck Feeney is an 82 year old Irish man who has made over $7.5 billion in his lifetime which he made by “hawking cognac, perfume and cigarettes in his empire of duty-free shops.” In 1984 Feeney transferred the entire 38.75% of his ownership stake in his company, Duty Free Shoppers, to his Atlantic Philanthropies; he kept $2 million worth of assets for himself. Most interestingly – he worked hard to keep his philanthropic efforts highly secretive; he either made anonymous donations or forced organizations not to disclose him as the donor. He was quite successful at evading notoriety for decades.

“I want the last check I write to bounce.”

Over the years – as a board member for DFS – he pushed to ensure the business was more profitable even though that money only generated money for his charitable foundation. $6.2 of the $7.5 billion has already been given to various organizations with a focus on education and research; the remaining $1.3 billion is slated to be given out by 2016. Chuck Feeney is the guy who Bill Gates says inspired him to give away the majority of his fortune using the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; many other billionaires like Warren Buffett have followed suit.. Forbes did a great profile of him HERE. The NY Times has a nice recap on him HERE.

“I’m a competitive type of person whether it’s playing a game of basketball or playing business games. I don’t dislike money, but there’s only so much money you can use.”

He donated almost $1 billion to Cornell University over the years; he graduated there in 1956 (source). He has donated $1.5 billion to Irish education and hundreds of millions to Irish charities (source). He gave $10 million to fund HIV research (source).

The Daily Mail gives some other breakdowns of his charities HERE:

Operation Smile, a project to treat children born with cleft palates, has had $19.5 million from Atlantic, while cancer projects have had $370 million.

AIDS research in South Africa has had $117 million in investments from the foundation.

He has given $28 million to support the abolition of the death penalty in the United States and has campaigned for eight million children in the country without health insurance to be covered.

This guy is my hero and is a reminder of the greatness that really exists in all of us. Someone called him “An Impossible-to-Live-up-to Hero”; I’d say that’s about right.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2013 12:56:44 AM

Saudi Arabia Cabinet Approves Domestic Abuse Ban

saudi bans abuseBy Sebastian Usher, BBC News – August 28, 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23872152

Saudi Arabia’s cabinet has approved a ban on domestic and other abuse for the first time.

The new law sets penalties for all forms of physical and sexual abuse, both at home and in the workplace.

These include penalties of up to a year in prison and fines of up to $13,000. The law will also provide shelter for victims of domestic abuse.

Rights activists have welcomed the move but also questioned the effectiveness of the implementation of the law.

In legal terms, violence against women and children in the home has been a private matter in Saudi Arabia until now.

‘Positive step’

A Twitter campaign to criminalise domestic violence was launched in Saudi Arabia earlier this year

A Twitter campaign to criminalise domestic violence was launched in Saudi Arabia earlier this year

A women’s rights activist told the BBC that the new law was a positive and long overdue step, but it needed to be fully implemented.

Suad Abu Dayyeh from the rights group Equality Now said the police and courts that would administer the law needed

training programmes to adjust to it. She added that male guardianship – which still dominates relations between the sexes in Saudi Arabia – was likely to remain a major obstacle in enforcing the law.

Violence within the home against women and children used not to be discussed openly in Saudi society, but that has been changing recently.

A striking public information campaign against domestic abuse was launched earlier this year, featuring an image of a veiled woman with only her eyes visible – one clearly blackened. Underneath it said: “Some things can’t be covered up.”

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2013 12:58:54 AM

BP Loses Second Bid to Suspend Oil Disaster Payments

Smoke billowing from burning Gulf oil rig BP has raised the likely cost of compensation to individuals and businesses to $9.6bn (£6.19bn)

Smoke billowing from burning Gulf oil rig BP has raised the likely cost of compensation to individuals and businesses to $9.6bn (£6.19bn)

From BBC News – August 28, 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23874418#

BP has lost a second attempt to suspend compensation payments over the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil rig disaster.

The UK oil giant has said that fraud and false compensation payments are behind the escalating costs it faces.

But Judge Carl Barbier ruled that there was no “credible evidence of fraud” or that the compensation process was tainted by conflicts of interest.

BP said it continued to believe that the compensation system was being abused.

Former FBI director Louis Freeh is investigating allegations of misconduct in the claims program.

The oil company insists that the payouts should be suspended while Mr Freeh carries out his probe.

In an emailed statement to Bloomberg on Wednesday, BP said: “As we await the completion of this broad investigation [by Mr Freeh], we continue to believe a temporary pause in payments is warranted.

“BP is reviewing its options with respect to the district court’s decision today.”

The Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion killed 11 workers and released an estimated four million barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

BP set up a compensation fund, initially estimating the cost of the settlement at $7.8bn (£5.03bn). The company has since raised the estimate to $9.6bn.

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2013 1:03:39 AM

Fix the World Platform: “The Tool to Build Our Future”

One reader has reported that he donated to Shane and the donation was turned down. I have notified Hope Girl. who’s in Australia, that there’s a snafu and I’m sure it will be fixed promptly. I’ve left comments open in case you want to report a similar occurrence.

This is How We Can Do This!!!!

An In-Depth Description of the Fix the World Platform and How it Will Be the Tool We Can Use to Build a Future For All of Us.

by Hope Girl, HopeGirl2012, Aug. 29, 2013

http://hopegirl2012.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/this-is-how-we-can-do-this-an-in-depth-description-of-the-fix-the-world-platform-and-how-it-will-be-the-tool-we-can-use-to-build-a-future-for-all-of-us/

The Fix the World Platform has arrived!!!!

This platform will serve as the major center where people can meet, connect with others of like mind, share ideas, share projects, get their projects organized presented and funded. This is how we are going to make this happen for all of us!!!

The following video is a short presentation that shows you the power of the new Fix the World Platform.

Our Platform includes:
  1. General info which will give you all the information about Fix the World organization and how we started, the team, our business plan and business documents. Our partner organizations and career opportunities.
  2. Community groups run by a community organizer’s who can invite members to planned events and members can rsvp. You can meet up with groups of like-minded people during these scheduled conference calls and webinars, all of which will be posted on the Fix The World events calendar. Each community has its own member’s with a variety of forums each with their own information and attend events. Fix the World communities has many features similar to face book. You can friend people, send private messages, and choose to allow only your friends to see your profile.
  3. A gallery full of planet changing events. These projects contain plans from some of the most brilliant minds in the world. These are listed according to each section of the human endeavour. Each project has a description and allows you to write a review, share on your social media networks. If a project has its own crowd funding campaign activated you will be able to access it from its project page.
  4. A New Paradigm News Center from your favourite radio shows and blog sites
  5. A Resource Center for personal research and uploading documents for sharing with others
  6. Truth TV with a huge selection of information and documentaries that you wont find in main stream media.
  7. A comprehensive training center that has been established so you can purchase affordable self teaching modules to develop your skills and turn your project into a reality. Courses will include How to write a business plan, create a project schedule and a budget, create promotional materials for your project, and learn effective negotiating skills so you can negotiate contracts and manage relationships. These will all give you the skills that you may need to get your project up and running, organized and successful.
  8. Consulting services to allow you to expose your talent along with giving you access to the talent you need.
  9. One of the most exciting parts of the Fix the World website is that you can travel to the Crowd Ventures website. Fix the World considers Crowd Ventures far superior as it has several features that are far superior to other options and with some very unique qualities. www.mycrowdventure.com

I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you to a pivotal planet changer, without whom none of this would be possible for any of us. His name is Shane Chapin, and the story behind how he came to partner with the Fix the World Organization will amaze you. After all it is a story of destiny and a prime example of how the universe allows everything to fall into place.

With a background as a master gardener and an amazing intuitive skill at building dynamic interactive website platforms, Shane was given an internal drive and vision. He started building an interactive platform where people could meet and share information. This was a platform like no other, it was like Facebook, Youtube, Amazon rolled into one, but it was so much more! His vision was clear… BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.

He couldn’t stop, though he had little idea who he might be building it for, he just kept adding on new features, and before long it had turned into the mother ship on interactive digital platforms. And then, when the universe was in the perfect alignment, Shane was introduced to the Fix the World Organization. It was a match made in the heavens, as his platform was obviously something that was built specifically for the Fix the World Organization.

It was magic when it all came together, and specifically it was magical because this platform, which far exceeds any other platforms out there (in our not so humble opinion) IS FOR THE PEOPLE. It is exactly what the people need in this time of planet changing ideas. We are global, we are all inspired with ideas and we need a space to connect, communicate, pool our resources and organize. This is what will make the difference and will get these projects implemented to make great change.

You need to know that Shane did all of this through the passion of his heart. He is the father of this great invention for humanity and he needs our help. Shane is a builder of the future, a planet changer. And just like me, he has chosen what appears to be the only path that allows REAL change to come through for the people.

If it were up to our governments, or corporations, or celebrities to do it, it should have been done a long time ago. But as we are now realizing, we cannot depend on them for our future, we can only depend on us, on WE THE PEOPLE who are the majority to build and fund our own future.

Shane needs your help. And Fix the World needs you to help Shane, so that Fix the World can help the people create the projects that will Fix this planet for all of us and for our children. It is all connected, we needed this platform for all of us to connect, and we need the accompanying crowdfunding platform that we are trying to launch to create the necessary vehicle for the PEOPLE to fund these projects.

Shane has already done the work… in fact he’s done it tirelessly for quite a long time. It is all there for all of you to see. He is the genious master mind behind all of this, and he needs to be paid for his labor. Because as with so many of us, he is barely able to pay his bills and caught is a position where he might need to abandon this platform to get a mediocre job just to pay bills.

For those of you who know me and have been following the work of the Fix the World Organization, I want you to know that I do not take the promotion of a single person lightly. Our own reputation of accountability to the people is always our top priority. And I have to say that Shane is completely in alignment with the spirit and mission of the organization and the people that we all serve and need to protect.

We cannot let a soul as enlightened and valuable as Shane slip back into the enslavement system. He is here for all of the people, we cannot do this without him, he is here to make this possible for all of us, he has done all the work for the world to see, and now he needs our help. Funding Shane and his Crowdventures platform is funding Fix the World. Doing this allows ALL the projects to get funded. And this is how we’ll change our planet.

Thank you so much, my beloved humanity. It’s a pleasure to introduce you to Shane and let all of you know the person that made all of this possible.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO SHANES CAMPAIGN

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2013 9:43:33 PM

TUESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2013

SaLuSa 27.08.2013

Love can be felt and be seen everywhere around you, take it inside and let it move through you and sweep away the last fragments of the old, that you know have no power over you and cannot help you anymore. We know you understand our messages, because they are sent with our love and energy within and they are helping you with your transformation. They are not just words, as words cannot fully express our desired meaning and information that we want to share with you. Therefore with every message that you read, focus also on energy that it is carrying and you will be able to understand more and “read between the lines”. It is possible for you now to understand also that what is not written in words as your higher vibrations are allowing you to sense and feel so much more than ever before. This is how we live and communicate with each other, feeling the energies that surround us and that is what you are ready to practice, as for very long time you were not used to feel and sense others and only focusing on surviving. Now it is almost impossible not to feel as your mind and bodies changed so much, that only those who wish to stay within lower vibrations deny this fact, but also for them will come that moment when they decide to move forward and back home.

There are many surprises waiting for you as you go along your path and although many of you are prepared for all the spoken changes, you will still be amazed of so much more happening and changing in your reality and your lives. We cannot speak of them as they will be your own choices and desires that you will follow, so it is upon you to choose from endless amount of possibilities that will lie in front of you. Once you clearly see your path, a lot of possibilities will show up and those you will feel most attracted to, you will choose to be part of your life. If unsure which one is the best one for you to experience, there will always be someone who will help you decide, but do not expect that there will be someone who will tell you exactly what to do, as now you are awakened and also need to take the full responsibility for your own experiences. We are here with you to guide you until you are able to completely trust yourselves in everything that you choose or do, and we clearly see that many of you are allowing Yourself to guide you and that trust is built inside and also starting to be seen on the outside. With all the changes coming to you, it will be easier for all that are awakening now, and you will see the fruits of your hard work in their smiling and loving expressions.

It is such a wonderful time to be on Mother Earth right now, she feels that so many people are returning her love back that she is literary starting to glow, and we are all watching this beautiful change with amazement and happiness. Soon some of you will be able to also see it, as this is also allowing us to come to you and show ourselves for those who are ready and this will allow others to get ready too. Stay in these wonderful energies and feelings, as we say so often, and leave all that is not serving you behind. Tell that to your mind as many times as needed and you will shortly see that it works as it is always your intentions that are speaking to the Creation Forces.

I am SaLuSa from Sirius and I am so gladly sharing my love and energy with you all and I thank to all of you that are sending love back to me, I feel it from every one and each of you that do so and feel blessed to be able to be in such connection with you. We all from Galactic Federation are enjoying our presence here, so close to you and are ready to greet you within our reality.

Channeller: MADAD

Webpage:
SaLuSa in Love and Light

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!