Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mozzarella Chicken
3/28/2010 5:46:14 PM

Hi Donna,

The Chicken sounds delicious, and it sounds like it would be easier to make. I do a Mozzarella Baked Chicken, but it's a bit more difficult...

Chicken Mozzarella Bake

The Chicken breasts are lightly browned then baked with mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. It's a quick and delicious chicken recipe, with boneless chicken breasts and cheese. I think that the wine adds extra flavor, but chicken broth will work as well.

Ingredients:

• 4 to 6 chicken breast halves
  • salt and pepper
  • garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons Marsala or white wine, or use chicken broth
  • 1 medium to large tomato, sliced
  • 4 to 6 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, sliced

Preparation:

Pound chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap until evenly thinned out. Salt and pepper both sides then sprinkle lightly with garlic powder. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add chicken to the heated skillet; cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a baking dish. Add 1 more tablespoon butter to the skillet along with the wine or broth then saute the mushrooms until tender and golden brown. Pour mushroom mixture over chicken in baking dish. Top with tomato slices and sliced green onions. Place Mozzarella slices over all. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6.

Hi Gaby. It's great to see you back. If you like recipes, hope that you'll stop by Papa's Kitchen once in awhile. Love to see you there to share a recipe or two.

Have A Great Day My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/29/2010 4:27:32 PM
Hi Donna,

I got carried away and went to Papa's Kitchen and am just getting back to you. Your Mozzarella Chicken sounds so yummy and right now I could eat some, I am hungry. Guess that means go make lunch.

My big thing I have been eating is a baked potato, with broccoli, sour cream and some cheese on top. I just love that and it is so simple to make.

I just put my broccoli on top of the potato.
Hugs. Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/29/2010 4:33:38 PM
Phil, I will go for the more difficult ... that looks soooo good !

What time is dinner, I am on my way over !

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2010 4:29:39 AM
Hi Phil,

Your Mozzarella Chicken recipe sounds good, when you have more time to prepare dinner. It is probably a little healthier because it doesn't use canned soup or stuffing, so it is a good alternative to try, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

DonnaZ
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/30/2010 4:32:11 AM
Hi Myrna,

Your baked potato sounds good. Unfortunately, since I have a big appetite I would use it as a side dish to some meat, you know, the old-fashioned meat and potatoes dinner. :) Just having the "loaded baked potato" would be healthier, though.

DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!