Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Doris Beaulieu

100 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
RE: Debate/resolve
3/5/2010 1:41:45 PM
Dear Linda,

This is a wish, not real life. I never seen a doctor till I was in High School and it was the school that took me. Do you really feel that parents who say they home school and do nothing will do that?

"Every state is suppose to have social workers following every CHILD ! They are suppose to go to doctor, dentist, and evaluated for any medical, physical or mental issues !"

It would be nice Linda for sure. Thank you for your comment.
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/5/2010 10:11:00 PM
The 8 years I did foster care I had to document and give copies of medical and dental reports to the social workers for every child ... all 12 of them. I had meeting with school counselors and teachers with the social workers regarding all children's progress. I had therapist visits weekly or monthly depending on the child's needs over 8 years. I did this in New Mexico for 7 years and 1 year in Nevada. I assume other states have requirements. And home schooling, everything should have been documented, social worker should have been following children.
With foster care, I had home inspections, the children were checked on in the home.

Biological, foster or adopted .. some children are at risk, and hard for "Society, church, neighbors, family, friends" to realize and step in to protect them. False accuzations happen as
well as NO action in bad situations ...

Home schooling has good and bad aspects. Some parents are more successful than others. at Home schooling and parenting.
+0
Doris Beaulieu

100 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/7/2010 11:31:57 PM
Dear Linda,
There are very good home school parents and there are those who just found an easy way out to not being a good parent at all. For those are the ones I work to remove and force them to have their children educated so no child is left behind. The world will be hard enough for them already. Thank you for being the person you are and for opening your heart to other children.

Best wishes,
Doris
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/8/2010 12:54:48 AM
I know people who send their kids to public school just to get rid of them and would send them 7 days a week if they could ...

Kids whose only food is what they get at school ..... ???

And people who don't care ... send their kids off on a bus to some church they don't go to, aren't members and don't care to be ... but love just getting rid of their kids .... My nephew drove a bus round to several apartments area near their church to pick up kids and take them
to church ... and the church feed them sandwiches and milk or juice while they were there before taking back for a drop off ... I was horrified when he told me ... I was like ... ahhh
without the parents ??? I just could not fathom letting my child out of my sight at a young age, and I took them to church, where I was there with them ... I never got that one ???

There are many things in life I just have not understood ...

and I have had some really harsh life experiences ... that my parents had no way to prepare me for, other than loving me, taking me to church, being there for me, giving me a good up bringing and a college education .... more than the majority of kids have these days ...

Many people should never have had kids !

:-)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!