Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Healthy Crockpot Recipes - High Flavor, Low Sodium, Low Fat
1/23/2011 1:16:54 AM

Hello Friends,

Chicken breasts have always been one of my favorite things to put in the slow cooker. Since I have a large crock, I usually cook plenty of it. The leftovers are used for lunches or turned into chicken salad. Feel free to cut this recipe in half, but only if you have a 4 quart cooker.

Herbed Chicken & Vegetables

• 1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (use your favorite kind)
  • 1/3 c. chopped red bell pepper
  • 1 c. sliced carrots
  • 3/4 c. chopped onion
  • 1 c. chicken broth
  • 4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~ 6 large)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
  • 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. dried basil
  • salt & pepper to taste

Place the vegetables and chicken broth in the bottom of the crock pot. Place the chicken breasts on top. Add the garlic, spreading it over the chicken pieces. Sprinkle the thyme, basil, salt and pepper over everything. Cover and cook on low about 4 hours or until the chicken is done. Serve with rice, pasta, potatoes, or quinoa.

Have A Good Night My Friends,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/27/2011 7:31:40 PM

Hello Friends,

Try this easy, creamy chicken with delicate dumplings made from refrigerator biscuits, then slow cooked to comfort food perfection. It is wonderful on a cold, snowy day. If you have any family members who are picky eaters, even they will love this.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients

• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Directions

1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
  2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2011 12:10:18 AM
Quote:

Hello Friends,

Chicken breasts have always been one of my favorite things to put in the slow cooker. Since I have a large crock, I usually cook plenty of it. The leftovers are used for lunches or turned into chicken salad. Feel free to cut this recipe in half, but only if you have a 4 quart cooker.

Herbed Chicken & Vegetables

• 1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (use your favorite kind)
  • 1/3 c. chopped red bell pepper
  • 1 c. sliced carrots
  • 3/4 c. chopped onion
  • 1 c. chicken broth
  • 4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~ 6 large)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
  • 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. dried basil
  • salt & pepper to taste

Place the vegetables and chicken broth in the bottom of the crock pot. Place the chicken breasts on top. Add the garlic, spreading it over the chicken pieces. Sprinkle the thyme, basil, salt and pepper over everything. Cover and cook on low about 4 hours or until the chicken is done. Serve with rice, pasta, potatoes, or quinoa.

Have A Good Night My Friends,

Phil

Hi Phil, This recipe looks yummy and healthy so I will try it. Thank you. Good eating, LaNell
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/29/2011 3:47:09 PM

Hi LaNell,

It's always great to see you here at the Forum my Friend. Hope you find a few ideas that you can use.

Yes, I do like my Chicken, especially since I've been staying away from Red Meat. Here's one I tried recently and it was definitely a Winner! The slow cooker is perfect for the sweet and sour taste of Asian food. This is a wonderfully rich and flavorful recipe that is easy and simple to make. Serve over either noodles or rice.

Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1 bunch scallions, chopped
  • 1/2 white onion, chopped
  • water to cover
  • 1 pound raw cashews

Directions

1. Place the chicken thighs in a slow cooker. Add the garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, pepper, scallions, and white onion to the slow cooker. Pour enough water over the mixture to cover everything. Cook on High for 5 hours. Sprinkle the cashews over the mixture and cook another 30 minutes. Serve hot.

Have A Delightful Weekend,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2011 12:09:49 AM

Hello My Friends,

Once again, this evening we have companion Recipes at my two Recipe Threads. This is the Slow Cooker version, and the standard Oven-Prepared version may be found over here at Papa's Kitchen.

Crock Pot Coca-Cola Roast

• 1 beef roast, of choice
  • 1 package onion soup mix
  • 1 (12 ounce) can Coke
  • red potatoes, halved
  • carrot, cut in chunks
  • fresh mushrooms, whole or sliced (optional)
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, drained well

Directions

Use the size roast and the amount of vegetables you need to feed your family. I usually buy a big roast and add lots of the veggies.

Put roast in a crock-pot,sprinkle with onion soup mix.

Add coke to almost cover the roast.

Add carrots to liquid around roast and all other vegetables to top of meat.

Cook all day on low (8-10 hours),or on high 5-6 hours.

Liquid makes a great gravy.

• Have A Wonderful Evening,

Phil

+0

facebook
    Like us on Facebook!