Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Happy Valentine's Day My Friends
2/10/2010 6:35:02 PM

Hi Sara,

So glad that you could drop by to visit. Thanks for the lovely Graphics and the Beautiful Poem.

Glad you like little Bernadette Bear and her Special Message. Hope everyone also clicks on the Bouquet of Roses. There's another special little message there as well.

Sara, when I read the following Poem, I thought of You and your Candle of Love Forum. Hope you like it.

Love is like a candlelight,
Glowing in the dark
The warmness kindles
From a tiny spark.

The light is soft at first,
Then, it grows bright,
For some, it grows over time,
For some, it's love at first sight.

If not taken care of,
The flame will slowly die
And when it's gone, it leaves you
Sitting there, wondering, why?

Author: Shannon Albo

Wishing You A Valentine's Day

Filled With Light & Love,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
2/10/2010 9:56:23 PM

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/10/2010 11:01:17 PM

What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.
George Eliot

Hi Sandra,

I'm so glad you stopped by to visit. Thanks for coming by and thanks for bringing my favorite - Chocolate Truffles. How did you know?

I always like to leave everyone with a smile, so here's a little Valentine's Day Humor...

Candy Love
Four-year-old Sam loved candy almost as much as his mom Sally did. He and Daddy had given her a beautiful heart-shaped box of chocolates for Valentine's Day. A few days later Sam was eyeing it, wishing to have a piece of it. As he reached out to touch one of the big pieces, Sally said to him, "If you touch it, then you have to eat it. Do you understand?"
"Oh, yes," he said, nodding his head. Suddenly his little hand patted the tops of all the pieces of candy. "Now I can eat them all."
----------------------------------------------------

A smart, handsome and sexy young man dressed in the most sophisticated manner walked into the bar. He noticed a woman staring at him without blinking her eyes with an open mouth. Flattered, he approached the woman and said in his sexiest deep voice - "I'll do anything you wish, beautiful lady, for just $20 but on one condition." The woman was trapped in a moment and asked as if in a trance - "What's your condition?" The young man replied, "Tell me your wish in just three words." After a long pause, woman opened her purse, counted the money and handed it to the man along with her address. She then looked deeply into his eyes and whispered, "Clean my house."

A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?" "Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."

If you want your wife to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife.
Valentine's Day One-liners

• Love may not make the world spin around, but it certainly makes a lot of people dizzy.
  • Here's to love - the only fire for which there is no insurance

Wishing You A Valentine's Day

Surrounded By Those You Love & Those Who Love You,

Phi

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/11/2010 1:35:15 AM

Hello My Friends,

Here's a little something special that any Valentine would love...

Linzer Heart Torte

This spectacular cake, perfect for Valentine's Day or anytime you want to say "I Love You," has the flavors of a traditional Linzertorte. The rich hazelnuts are as perfect a contrast to the sweet-tart raspberry flavors as the creamy white icing is to the jewel toned Raspberry Jam on top. Each recipe makes two 8" - 9" cakes -- perfect if you have several Valentines. You can also make the cake in round or square pans for a different, but equally elegant look.

1 3/4 C finely chopped, toasted hazelnuts, divided
2 C flour
1 T baking powder
1 tsp.. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C butter
1 1/2 C sugar
3 large eggs, separated
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. almond extract
1 1/4 C milk
2 C raspberry preserves

Cream Cheese White Chocolate Icing

3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
6 oz. good quality white chocolate (Lindt is my favorite)
1/4 C butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 C confectioners sugar
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Makes about 3 1/2 Cups

Stir white chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water until just melted. Cool to lukewarm. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled, melted white chocolate and vanilla, gradually beat in sugar and continue beating until smooth. Frosting should be light and spreadable. It is helpful to chill a bit before piping

Makes 2 cakes, 8" - 9"

Preheat oven to 350° F and grease and flour cake pans. Finely chop toasted hazelnuts in a food processor and combine 1 cup chopped nuts with dry ingredients. Set aside. Reserve remaining nuts for decorating the side of the cake.

Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until well mixed. Beat in egg yolks and extracts. Alternate adding milk, with dry ingredients, beating until just combined. Fold in 1/3 egg whites to lighten batter, then fold in remaining egg white. Divide between the two prepared cake pans and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool pans on rack for 10 minutes, then turn out on wire rack to cool completely.

Frost and decorate with preserves and Cream Cheese/White Chocolate Icing as follows: Split each cake in half, lengthwise, making two layers out of each one. A long serrated knife makes quick work of this, or you can even use a piece of dental floss as a saw to split the cake in half. Follow link for icing recipe.

Place first layer, cut side down, on the cake plate and cover with a layer of icing. Top this with a layer of raspberry preserves and top that with the second cake layer. Frost tops and sides of cake. Press remaining nuts onto sides of cakes with fingers. Leaving a 1/4" border on all edges, top cake with a payer of raspberry preserves. Put remaining icing into a pastry bag and pipe a decorative icing around top edge of cake. The two photos show two decorating options. In the smaller photo, I used a small plain round tip and simply piped a row of dots around the edge of the cake. In the second photo I piped a shell border, then used a very small round tip to pipe a freeform lace pattern in the red heart. I love the final effect!

(Click The Note Below For A Message For My Friends)

Have A Happy & Joyful Valentines Day,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2010 5:45:39 PM

Hello My Friends,

Well, today's the Big Day! Hope you all spend the Day surrounded by those you love and by those who love you.

Here's a little something Special, just for you...

Have A Blessed & Beautiful Valentine's Day My Friends,

Phil

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!