Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
God Loves Texas ! the Gun State !
1/12/2010 1:14:02 AM

She Shot Him 6 Times!

TRUE STORY FROM...

"THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER"

IN HOUSTON , TEXAS

MARCH 5th, 2009

~

Last Thursday Night Around Midnight, A Woman From Houston , Texas Was Arrested,

Jailed, And Charged With Manslaughter For Shooting A Man 6 Times In The Back

As He Was Running Away With Her Purse. ~

The Following Monday Morning,

The Woman Was Called In Front Of The Arraignment Judge, Sworn In,

And Asked To Explain Her Actions.

The Woman Replied, "I Was Standing At The Corner Bus Stop

For About 15 Minutes, Waiting For The Bus To Take Me Home After Work.

I Am A Waitress At A Local Cafe...

I Was There Alone, So I Had My Right Hand On My Pistol,

That Was In My Purse, That Was Hung Over My Left Shoulder.

All Of A Sudden I Was Being Spun Around Hard To My Left.

As I Caught My Balance, I Saw A Man

Running Away From Me With My Purse.

I Looked Down At My Right Hand And I Saw That My Fingers Were Wrapped Tightly

Around My Pistol. The Next Thing I Remember Is Saying Out Loud,

"No Way Punk! Your Not Stealing My Pay Check And Tips."

~ I Raised My Right Hand, Pointed My Pistol

At The Man Running Away From Me With My Purse,

And Squeezed The Trigger Of My Pistol 6 Times!

~

When Asked By The Arraignment Judge,

"Why Did You Shoot The Man 6 Times?

~

The Woman Replied Under Oath,

"Because, When I Pulled The Trigger The 7th Time, It Only Went Click."

~

The Woman Was Acquitted Of All Charges. She Was Back At Work, At The Cafe, The Next Day!

Now that's Gun Control....

AMEN

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: God Loves Texas ! the Gun State !
1/12/2010 1:14:55 AM
She Shot Him 6 Times!
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2010 1:54:22 AM
Quote:

Violent Crime Continues Decline (Even While Gun Ownership Increases)

By Bill Brassard

Preliminarystatistics released by the FBI for the first half of 2009 show thatviolent crime continues a downward trend that began in 2006. Thefigures show crime falling in all categories--robbery, aggravatedassault, motor vehicle thefts, etc.--with murders down a remarkable 10percent from the previous year.

The FBI statistics undermine afavorite argument of anti-gun groups and some mainstream media that"more guns equal more crime," especially when you consider that thedecrease in violent crime from late 2008 through the first half of 2009occurred at the same time that firearm sales were surging.

Themost popular firearms selling at that time were handguns and modernsporting rifles (AR-style rifles)--two types of firearms thatanti-gunners never miss an opportunity to demonize. Law-abiding handgunowners have been filling concealed carry classes across the country,and AR-style rifles--long a favorite of target shooters--are growing inpopularity among hunters as new calibers are introduced for small andbig game.

People across the country continue to exercise their Second Amendment rights. Consider this story from the Boston Globe:

Thenumber of gun permits issued in Massachusetts surged by more than 15percent over the past two years, reversing nearly a decade of steadydeclines and marking a pronounced departure for a state known for itsantigun sentiment.

The rise in gun permits (and,presumably, purchases) in the Bay State is reflected by NationalInstant Criminal Background Check statistics showing an increase of 25million background checks from a total of 75 million to 100 millioninitiated by Type 01 federally licensed firearms retailers betweenApril 5, 2007, and April 4, 2009 . (Background checks are requiredunder federal law for all individuals purchasing either newlymanufactured or used firearms from federally licensed retailers. Thechecks serve as a gauge of sales but do not reflect the actual numberof firearms sold.)

Crime is down. Gun ownership--by law-abiding, responsible citizens who pass a mandatory FBI background check at retail--is up.

Don't let anyone get away with telling you that "more guns equal more crime."

Bill Brassard is the National Shooting Sports Foundation Director of Communications.

Additional Information:
FBI Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report - 2009

AddThis

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2010 1:56:33 AM
She needs to buy a Glock ;-) Holds at least nine shots

Quote:

Thanks Jim,

We all need to be reminded ever so often.

Common Sense Doesn’t Require Statistics

I start out amused, thenget frustrated, then angry, and finally absolutely resolute when I seethese anti-gunners spout statistics here, there and everywhere aboutthe dangers of guns, crime rates and the effectiveness of gun control. Bullcrap!

Thesearguments are then most times followed from the pro-gun side by anotherset of endless statistics that completely counter the arguments justmade by the anti-gun crowd. Unfortunately, these pro-gun statistics will never convince the anti-gunners no matter how obvious the numbers.

Nobodyever seems to believe the other guys’ statistics and there is a soundreason for that—statistics are a liar’s best friend and liars know thatbetter than anyone.

Istudied statistics in college and found that I could easily develop along list of impressive numbers to support any argument on either sideof an issue, creating virtually any impression I fancied. Politicians and the media do it all the time.

“So what good are all these statistics if we can’t use them to prove gun control just doesn’t work?”

Althoughstatistics are good facts to have in your pocket, you really don’t neednumbers to prove this point. The founders didn’t have any statistics soall you need is what they had in abundance—common sense.

Here are just 4 common sense points that illustrate why gun control is a myth, not a pathway to crime control—and not one point uses statistics.

Common Sense Point #1: Thugs ignore gun laws.To think that thugs who ignore laws against murder, robbery, rape andassault will, by some stretch of lunacy, obey gun control laws is thepurest form of lunacy. Does anyone think that a gangplanning a bank robbery will trash those plans because they would firstbe required to register their guns before the job went down?

Let’s listen in on Mugsy and Bugsy planning…The Big Heist

“Well, Bugsy, there it is. Our plans for robbing the Last National Bank are absolutely fool-proof and dat cool million is just waitin’ on us. It’s just a cryin’ shame we can’t pull it off though.”

“Why Mugsy? What do you mean?” asks Bugsy incredulously.

“Because da law says we can’t carry unregistered guns or we could get into real trouble” says Mugsy as he resigns himself to the life of a law abiding citizen.

“You’re right.” admits Bugsy with a tear in his eye. We’ll just have to forget about dat million smackers. I certainly wouldn’t want to break any gun laws.”

And who really thinks that requiring a solid citizen to register his gun will prevent crime? He isn’t planning The Big Heist—never has, never will. So the point is?

Common Sense Point #2: Thugs prefer unarmed victims and avoid potentially armed citizens. Amazing bit of deductive reasoning isn’t it? Anti-gunners hope you never discover that truth on your own. Think about it though from the shoes of Mugsy and Bugsy. Who would you rather confront, an armed citizen or an unarmed one? Where would you rather focus your life of crime? In areas where guns are outlawed or where guns are prevalent? Who would you rather prey on, the defenseless or the armed? And where is violent crime more prevalent? Washington D.C. where gun laws are strictest or Florida where gun laws are more relaxed? I’ll give you one guess but let’s listen in on Mugsy and Bugsy again.

“OK Bugsy, the bank job was a flop I admit dat, but we can always pull a stick-up like in da ol’ days.”

“Yeah, dats right Mugsy. We can always get a little fast bread dat way.” says Bugsy, his excitement for the old days of street crime growing. “But where do we target da mark Mugsy?”

Well Bugsy, we sure can’t pull stick ups in Florida, too many guns there. We might could get shot by one of dem ol’ southern boys. You know how they are. A lot of ‘em is packin’ these days since Florida OK’d concealed carry—ya just never know down there anymore—a real shame ain’t it?”

“You’re right Mugsy. That could be way too dangerous for us.” “I got it!” says Bugsy, “We’ll hit every schmuck in Washington D.C. None of dem bums got guns…it’s against the law…we’ll be the only ones there what got heaters!”

“Great idea!” says Mugsy, Let’s load up and git goin’. Easy pickins, here we come!”

Common Sense Point #3: Crime is deviant behavior. A gun is an inanimate tool not deviant behavior and crime is deviant behavior not an inanimate tool. Youcan’t prevent deviant behavior by regulating tools because tools areincapable of behavior and the number of tools available to the world’sdeviants is endless.

Evenif you could legislate guns out of existence, deviants could, would andhave used other things that gave them a power advantage over theirvictims—knives, clubs, rocks or even sharp sticks—all of which are verylegal and very accessible.

Commons Sense Point #4: The Trump Card. The strongest point of all consists of a mere 27 words and is absolute in its nature. It trumps all statistics ever concocted by man and all arguments ever made—and not one of the 27 words is a number… “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” #4, my friends, is absolute, unambiguous and supersedes all arguments and all statistics.

Now go forth soldier, well armed with common sense, the absolute truth of the II Amendment and ready to fight the good fight.

One last note: Ifyou ever find any staunchly committed anti-gunner actually and honestlywilling to listen to common sense or interpret the II Amendment simplyas written by our founders, please let me know. I’m still looking forone.

Wishing You A Safe & Free 2010,

Phil

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week