Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Andrew Anderson

114 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: While Giving or Receiving... Things to Consider!
12/22/2005 12:00:54 AM
Thank Eilene, This is important nee to know stuff, and for those of us who earn a living, or meager pittance online, it is especially vital. I read your post and replied on my forum. Just so you get the message, I have been back for about 2 weeks, I had my computer burn up and missed about 3 months of the company of my AdLand friends. I did launch a new blog on Bizzy Blogz, the URL is in my signature. I am still giving away the info top guru's sell for hundreds of dollars, and we had our fourth child in September. Whew, that's a lot of catching up in little time. Thanks again for being a caring friend, Andy Zeus Anderson
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/22/2005 8:40:14 AM
Hi Wayne, That is true also. Saving the important files is a Great idea! Thanks for stopping bye :) You and Yours have a Very Merry Christmas.
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/22/2005 8:44:44 AM
Thanks Andy, a lot has changed since you have been away. Good to have you back with us again. You and Yours have a Very Merry Christmas :)
+0
12/22/2005 11:27:38 AM
Hello Eileen, Yes it will work on XP, since DOS is itself an "operating system". ( Disk Operating System). Most of the old "DOS" came on three disks. Disk 1 also has a function called F-disk, which allows you to partition your hard drive. (create additional drives on the same hard drive). If you really want to be sure all your information is deleted from old computer, after using xformat (still on disk one) type in f disk select option to "create logical dos drive" set disk space to 100% then just install DOS Whoever get's this old computer will have dos installed, but most of the operating system "disks" out now have a re-formating file built in that will erase old information on drive to prepare hard drive to recieve new programming. Something else you might want to consider is removing your old hard drive before disposing of old computer. as long as you keep unit away from magnets of any kind, you can save it as a "back-up hard drive" This last item is what I've done with my computer. I'm running "Windows XP/Office 2003" on a Western Digital 80 gig hard drive at present. I also have all this info on a 40 gig hard drive that originally came with computer. Came in real handy after computer "crashed" the first time. Hope this wasn't "to much info to quick" here. your friend, Steven
Steven G. Reid Wallaby Traffic CMU7 WTC W
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/22/2005 2:19:12 PM
Very Wonderful Info Eileen, Thank you and have a Great Holiday. Your Friend,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!