Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: And the BEST FORUM AWARD for October 2009 goes to ....
10/19/2009 4:28:38 PM
Hi Dear Judy,

It is so special to have you come with your wishes, and yes I love the butterfly dance.

thedancetwobutterflies.jpg

I do hope to keep my forum going and can't wait until the announcement of Nesara to see how the Native Americans see what they predicted so long ago is coming true.  Oh what a blessed day that will be.  And it is coming before the end of 2009.  Hurray.

Just keep coming back to see and I thank you.

Love,  Myrna

This is the most beautiful prayer, enjoy

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Judy Woodson

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/19/2009 5:45:29 PM

Hi again, Myrna.

Had to stop by one more time before I head out to my garden.

That was a wonderful prayer, and I shall play it over and over.

Of course I had to listen to the others as well. The Robbie Robertson one is from a CD I happen to have, so I looked it up, hoping to find a translation in the notes. There wasn't one, but there were some notes from that track and a poem that I will share.

Judy

The notes said: I heard of the group Pura Fe a few years ago from Gail Bruce, one of the founders of The American Indian College Fund. I was drawn to their sound and harmonies and had been waiting for a project we could work on together. I recorded a track consisting of only of drums with Benito, the keeper of the drum in Taos and his partner, Mazatl, an Aztec musician. I then took this track to New York City for Pura Fe, Soni and Jen to sing on. - Intertribal Unity.

And the poem:

A hundred years have passed

Yet I hear the distant beat of my father's drums.

I hear his drums throughout the land.

His beat I feel within my heart.

The drum shall beat

so my heart shall beat.

And I shall live a hundred thousand years.

-Shirley Daniels

+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/19/2009 5:59:21 PM
Hi Myrna & Judy !

HOW BEAUTIFUL THINGS YOU SHARE HERE ! THANKS LADIES!
Judy - I like this poem very much. Almost can hear the drum / or the heart ?

Love,

Branka
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/19/2009 10:45:29 PM
Hi Branka,

Good to see you again.  So happy that you like the Native Americans
A lovely prayer. Blessings and love,
Myrna

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
10/21/2009 5:33:15 PM
BFA Team and Judges 1, 2, and 3 as with the voters you have made the right choice.  Myrna's forum started out small and has grown considerably and is full of information and graphics.  She is doing great with it and I am happy it was chosen to win.

We are, of course, are in the dark as to just who the judges are and probably they change each time, don't know - really don't want to know.  I have read through each forum's judging by each judge.  In some cases they have made good judgment and in others, a little too judgmental.  I can't and won't try to speak for others but in my own case, I will point out something that I discovered by DOING.  On the part of organization - when I started out with my poetry thread it was my strong desire to feature each poet in the same thread but I took the advice of a 'wiser' longtime Adlander and posted each one in a separate thread.  It was a mistake.  Having done this for 2 years, even trying to keep an index, it is now almost impossible to find each poet's forum thread.  When I discussed with Bogdan about starting an art forum and he agreed that we could use another one, I KNEW it would be a main thread.  If it never wins an award, I believe, as it seems Jill did with her mountain, that it works best for me.  You only have to go to the front page and there will be a link to take you directly to each artist's exhibit.

The best to all nominated forums and forum owners.
Sara
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!