Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Embarassing Stories
10/6/2009 2:35:29 PM
Have you ever been the center of unwanted attention? Like falling down the bleachers in the school's gym in front of your class or getting caught with your finger in your nose? Those examples weren't just pulled out of nowhere, by the way.
+0
Branka Babic

2716 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Embarassing Stories
10/6/2009 2:47:09 PM
HI JAYSON !

Thanks God to see you back, with one of those great subjects.

My answer is YES (almost have been killed in Hungary about 15 years ago), but must now look for your mother, to ask her how do you say .... something what brought me , unintended and dangerous, attention.

Will be back, when you LOL log off and Kathleen log in :) .

(Unintended black-mail :) ) .

Love and hugs,

Branka
+0
10/6/2009 5:30:32 PM

WOW Jayson, I am looking forward to visiting this forum daily ;)

Yes, I was embarassed at church.

( background )

I left the care of my eldest children to my mother and relocated about 200 miles from Dublin, GA to the Atlanta Area in 1987, when I became the "long-distance mom" to my son and daughter. Long-distance phone calls and round trip visits to support my children's activity. They both were quite active in school and church. When ever I visited (outside of school and/or church activities) we would either go shopping or to the movies. If either one of them got out of line, I have taken them to the ladies room to be scolded and/or admistered rear-end swats.

( church embarassment )

Immediately after work ( Decatur, GA), I traveled to Dublin to participate in our Pastor's Anniversary ( November 1989 ); Mother and my children were already seated when I arrived. My daughter spotted me and moved to sit next to me, with her doll baby. After hugs and kisses, she resumed combing her doll's hair. I needed to visit the lady's room for kidney relief ~ I had driven over 200 miles, immediately after work.

Not wanting to get up to disturb the speaker, I whispered to my daughter to go with me to the lady's room. She calls me Mommy Jan.

Daugher: I didn't do anything.

Me: I know sweetheart, mommy has to use it and I want you to go with me.

Daughter ( wide-eyed and confussed she gets up with her doll and starts towards the lady's room ~ loudly protested on the way): But Mommy Jan, I didn't do anything!

She was seven years old and that tiny voice seam to echo in the crowed santuary. My mother and son smiled ( I am guessing they thought she was going to get "scolded or swatted ). Many heads turned and I wished I could have been invisible.

Me ( in the lady's room ~ ): Baby, I know you didn't do anything. Mommy needs kidney relief and I didn't want to leave you. ( she was still confussed and somewhat anxious ) Do you need to go?

Daughter: No ma'am

Me: Okay, let's go back to our seat. See ~ you are not in trouble. ( she became calm and we returned to our seats).

My daughter is now 27; she married a fine young man, earlier this year.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2009 7:40:28 PM

Hi Jayson,

MANY years ago, when I was dating my wife to be, I frequently met her at the rail station of her home town. She would usually be in the Booking Hall waiting for me.

At that time there was a very short fur jacket that was fasionable for young ladies. My girlfriend had one.

One Sunday afternoon I leapt from the train and ran to the booking hall. Seeing my girlfriend in her short fur coat with her back to me I ran up behind her and slipped my hands under her coat in a VERY friendly way. Big friendly hug. oooooooops, NOT HER.

Very embarrassing.

Roger

+0
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/8/2009 2:43:15 PM
Hi Jan. Its funny how children will assume they're in trouble, even when the parents say they're not. Do kids think their parents are liars, and that as soon as no one's around, a wooden spoon to the back of the head awaits them? Ha! Anyway, thank you for sharing. :)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!