Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
NAME and SHAME the spammers in Adland
9/1/2009 4:57:56 PM

Since Bogdan has turned  Adland into a spammers paradise by removing our ability to block members that send  unsolicited  ad's to our in boxes,  and  also stopped the moderated forums option thus allowing the spammers to post their ads where they want and also allowing the unwanted elements  to post their cr*p in our forums I have been getting spam ad's daily.

Most of the spam ad's I have received  have been from members that have been here a long time, so don't plead that we should be teaching the new members not confronting them.

I am calling on ALL members to NAME and SHAME the offenders, as well as put in an abuse report.

Maybe then we will get control of our in boxes and forums back PDQ not "sometime in the future" as was said to me in reply to my complaint about this.

I am starting by naming  Lystra Jeremiah a member since October 2007 so no newbie excuses here.

This member who is not nor never has been on my friends list  started spamming me in August and  despite being told to stop  continues to send the spam ads to my in box.

Now who else  has the backbone to stand up and be counted concerning this problem?.

+0
RE: NAME and SHAME the spammers in Adland
9/1/2009 6:40:30 PM

Bill we can name the spammers by name but I really don't think they will be shamed. It might just get them more exposure and that is really what they want. I can handle the spammers better than I can another situation that is going on here at ALP. By not having the means to ban or block someone when they hijack your forum is to me much worse. I can handle the spam by just deleting it but I wonder how someone is to handle a situation like this.

Evelyn

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/1/2009 9:32:05 PM

Bill,

Good to see you in the community again.  Welcome back, now to your issue.

Here we go again!  Crying spam because people are using the tools served up by ALP as paying members!  When you came to a community known as Adland and a Classified advertising backbone, did you think you would not see advertisements.  Just like you would with a safelist DELETE WHAT YOU DON'T WANT and move on.  If it is a notice from AdlandPro it AIN't Spam!  Plus Bogdan sells the right to send "Direct Messages" to ALP members.  It is a service he sells, we knew it, if we checked out what AdlandPro is and/or read the TOS.

Granted in the old system you could choose not to receive messages from that sender and I am sure, it will be a feature in the new system once he gets it programmed.  Remember it is only a few days old.  Of course many of us have been using it all along. ;-)

I like the new format myself, I am used to clicking through sites and seeing how things work.  Then when you learn how to do something new it is rewarding.

Bill, I know spam is an issue, but as a forum owner it your responsibility to police your threads.  Just delete the unwanted posts or lodge a complaint leaving the offending post in place.    Smile it ain't the end of the world.

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/3/2009 8:50:14 AM

This is the reaction I got to reporting  for persistant spamming.

My abuse report.

To: <support@adlandpro.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 11:16 AM
Subject: [LinkPolonia ReportAbuse] Adlandpro Community Abuse Report
Username: 151376
Page:
this member is persistently spamming me despite being told twice
already to
stop.
http://community.adlandpro.com/members/343063.aspx
Now you keep your word and ban them!
The reply.
To: "Bill Brown" <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LinkPolonia ReportAbuse] Adlandpro Community Abuse Report
Date: Tue 01/09/2009 05:33 PM
Hi Bill,
We have decided to introduce blocking like in the old community.
This should be available next week.
Regards
Bogdan Fiedur
http://www.adlandpro.com
PLEASE NOTE.
Blocking is now available BUT
NO mention of the offender being banned
and the offenders account was still active when
i looked a few minutes before making this post.
So much for this statement made by Bogdan.
quote"
There is no feature available now to block person by person from
sending messages. This feature might be added if needed.  Currently we
would be more interested in disabling spammers permanently from this
site as opposed to just blocking them. If somebody spams your mailbox,
they will spam everybody else. If people notify us about the spammer,
we will just terminate them.
"unquote.
(the above quote is an extract from a reply to me in this thread
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/post/1264978/100thTOPICATOMNIFORM/52.aspx
)
Reports in the past have NEVER resulted in anything but to get the reply "block the sender"
and it looks like that is going to continue to be the case.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!