Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Article: Quick Fix For Business Pain
12/8/2005 8:59:20 PM
Hi Linda, I have been known to stir the pot. He He Doesn't the consumer have to accept some responsibility? I'm well aware there are lots of quality products produced. There are also lots of products that are overpriced because of brain washing, I mean branding. Jack
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/10/2005 1:27:23 AM
Hi Jack, Hmm. Brain washing = branding. Never really thought of it like that before. Interesting. Branding is from the company perspective. Brain-washing is from the consumers' (subconscious) perspective. Nice. Earlier I said: ====================== "Customers consider the 4th most important aspect of any purchase is the cheapness of the price." ====================== From memory, this guy said #1 was UNIQUENESS and #2 was QUALITY. I don't recall what #3 was. Any thoughts? Gary Simpson.
+0
Bob
Bob Needham

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
12/10/2005 8:59:44 AM
I'm guessing... availability. If I'm looking to buy something I want it now and I want it tactile. Bob
+0
12/10/2005 3:41:14 PM
Hi: ======================================== From memory, this guy said #1 was UNIQUENESS and #2 was QUALITY. I don't recall what #3 was. Any thoughts? ======================================== The study that I read said; 1) Perceived Value was the #1 factor, followed by 2) Quality, and then 3) Customer Service/Sales Assistance/Courtesy 4) Price I kept notes from it, but didn't bookmark it. Wish I had. The study talked about a online "price comparison" site that was rather surprised to find that even given a direct comparison of prices at various sites, customers did NOT always buy the cheapest. When asked why, they said things like "I know the customer service is better at this site. So it costs a bit more, big deal..." The survey also noted that most business owners do NOT know how to market well, so they fail to show value and they fail to educate the consumer about quality differences. Thus, all that's left - is customer service and price. THAT, I completely agree with. People buy $4 coffees, $80,000 cars and half million-dollar homes -- and yet most business owners still think people buy based on price. Go figure... : ) Linda P.S. Speaking of branding - most business owners don't know the difference between branding and brand image. Vast, vast difference. Like comparing lightning and a lightning bug.
+0