Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Tip: How to Create an Effective Sig File
11/29/2005 11:27:44 PM
Thanks, Linda Is it a good read? Well, it's informative, and readable. I have a problem with the author's ego, but setting that aside, he seems to know his stuff. Huge bibliography, which includes the Cialdini book you cited. I haven't read that one. The only one on this subject I've read previously is Kurt Mortensen, Maximum Influence. ============================================ (I'm going to offer to test drive it on a small group of people before I do a grand scale launch, though.) ============================================ If that was an aside to me, lol, I volunteer! ;-) The last psychology class I took was in high school, and you already know how long ago that was. I'm accused of being left-brained (with some justification), so if you can teach it to me, you can teach it to anyone. Cheri
+0
11/29/2005 11:42:04 PM
Hi Cheri; =========================================== Well, it's informative, and readable. I have a problem with the author's ego... =========================================== LOL. Geez, I laughed. I think that a LOT as I read materials. (Now I have to read it out of sheer curiosity. LOL. ) =========================================== If that was an aside to me, lol, I volunteer! The last psychology class I took was in high school, and you already know how long ago that was. I'm accused of being left-brained (with some justification), so if you can teach it to me, you can teach it to anyone. =========================================== You're on. (as a volunteer) The left/right brain stuff is fascinating to me. I'm neither left nor right dominant, but equally balanced. Years ago when I took the test (work related) and got the result, I laughed and said it's nice to know I'm not unbalanced after all. LOL : ) Linda
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/30/2005 2:53:06 AM
Linda, I would be happy to volunteer too. :) Loved the article. You have a way with words. I bookmarked the link so I can share that in my newsletters, etc. Cheri, I related to the article the same way you did. Vivid memories as this was a time during my teen years. Also, thanks for the book suggestions. Now I have more reading to do. :( I need to learn speed reading.
+0
11/30/2005 4:54:49 AM
I would love to volunteer also! I have read most of the articles on your website and you are a great teacher.
+0
11/30/2005 8:27:43 AM
Linda, I had to read your article and the picture brought tears to my eyes. That is certainly one I will never forget. Even though I was only in 4th grade at the time watching that funeral was devastating. You are a great writer and I sent a link to my son who is into web design although he is still in college right now. He has plenty of his own sites he designed. I am going to have to get busy and read all of your articles. " Most business owners are afraid to walk the edge. Afraid to stand up and stand out. Afraid to be different." I tried to be different in my nursery and it didn't quite pan out for me. My problem is more of location. Martha
+0